Mod farming improvements

Snake2
1455 posts Member
There have been many posts here about how mod farming is too random. I'm going to skip the math and offer some suggestions for improving this issue, since it's apparent we aren't going back to 100% drop rate.

1) farming from a node that drops one of three shapes. Node 1drops arrow, square, diamond. Node 2 drops triangle cross circle. This eliminates some of the rng. (Trust me there's still plenty).

2) farming a specific shape, but could be any set. Heck you could make a new faction unlock this ability. Nightsisters need a job, saw them panhandling by the highway yesterday.

3) farm a specific shape in a specific set, but could be any rank, 1-5.

Basically some way to gain just a bit of control would be nice. It's a daily occurrence to see my guild members express exasperation over what they got with their 240 (and now 360) cantina energy.

Replies

• Options
    Sounds like a good plan to me. A few drawbacks that I figure would be hard to implement but I would love to see something like this
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    I can't pull triangle mods to save my life. Lol
  • Options
    I like the idea of specific shape, random type as a challenge. The 100% drop rate was poor game design. Another option is to roll certain types of 1* and 2* mods into loot tables for normal and hard battle modes, maybe at a 1/5 or 1/6 drop rate, just to increase general availability.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Foxxphyre wrote: »
    I like the idea of specific shape, random type as a challenge. The 100% drop rate was poor game design. Another option is to roll certain types of 1* and 2* mods into loot tables for normal and hard battle modes, maybe at a 1/5 or 1/6 drop rate, just to increase general availability.

Maybe certain rank 3 mods could be added to hard nodes since rank 1(and to a lesser extent, 2) are fairly easy to farm in the regular mod battles.