Question about Order of operation for a Palpiteam

Joeyd7878
276 posts Member
edited August 2016
There's a squad on my shard that runs Palpi lead, Anakin, Rey, b2 and RG. While I've beaten him a time or two what would you say is the best order of operations for fighting this squad? Kill Anakin first? B2? RG obviously makes things difficult but that's part of the game.

Has anyone else come across this lineup? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Post edited by Joeyd7878 on

Replies

• Options
    Anyone?
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    i have not come across this lineup but i would say Anakin, Rey, B2, Palp, RG if possible, using stuns and removing RG's Taunt.
  • Joeyd7878
    276 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    i have not come across this lineup but i would say Anakin, Rey, B2, Palp, RG if possible, using stuns and removing RG's Taunt.

I run the old Ben meta with Rey, QGJ, SThan and RG. I'm all over the stun but if that doesn't land then b2 tears me apart. It's a toss up between b2 and Anakin and I keep guessing wrong.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Well i usually go for Anakin first but this is in GW so i'm not sure about arena and how different it is there. But to me Anakin is too powerful even though B2 will get his negative status effects off and extra attacks, Anakin can demolish a team quickly.

This is definitely a toss up lol goodluck!
  • Options
    Well i usually go for Anakin first but this is in GW so i'm not sure about arena and how different it is there. But to me Anakin is too powerful even though B2 will get his negative status effects off and extra attacks, Anakin can demolish a team quickly.

This is definitely a toss up lol goodluck!

A toss up, no doubt. I NEVER cry nerf but if anyone needs it, it's b2. That guy gets 5 attacks for every round of attacks from my squad. In the right (or wrong) situation I'm still looking for the best way to handle him.
  • Options
    Not to mention b2s debuff going every other turn
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Yea it's definitely tough, i haven't faced him enough or Sun Fac but i hear those are the 2 that should be nerfed
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Umm I'm not sure why nobody hasn't mentioned it. But kill palpi dude.
    Is he that bad on defense? On offense I can literally keep 3+ enemies on 2 turn stun and have shock on RG or other tank.

Btw if I had b2 I would run.
    Palpi/b2/Rey/Annakin/STH(must be super fast)
  • Options
    try to stun lock anakin and kill palp first then if you can kill rey next without RG taunting get rid of anakin next then b2 I would say

To be fair that team is an absolute nightmare even worse with lando instead of rey
  • Options
    Yea it's definitely tough, i haven't faced him enough or Sun Fac but i hear those are the 2 that should be nerfed

Sun fac just has too much going on. Debuff on his basic? That just seems unfair. Your best bet against him is to stun him as much as possible and smack the **** out of him, but even that takes forever as he's stacked with hp and protection. His taunt has some other bonus attached to it too.
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    Umm I'm not sure why nobody hasn't mentioned it. But kill palpi dude.
    Is he that bad on defense? On offense I can literally keep 3+ enemies on 2 turn stun and have shock on RG or other tank.

Btw if I had b2 I would run.
    Palpi/b2/Rey/Annakin/STH(must be super fast)

So far Palpi IS that bad on defense. Doesn't take a lot to take him out. His stun/shock is the biggest pain.

I would run b2 if I had him as well.
  • Options
    KingPin wrote: »
    try to stun lock anakin and kill palp first then if you can kill rey next without RG taunting get rid of anakin next then b2 I would say

To be fair that team is an absolute nightmare even worse with lando instead of rey

A nightmare is a good way to put it. I like your order but saving b2 that long would spell my demise. My thoughts are Anakin, b2, Rey, palpi then RG, while this order has worked, more often than not, I lose.
    Saving RG for last means my QGJ needs to stay alive long enough to dispel him, which the AI seems to be aware of.
  • Options
    Joeyd7878 wrote: »
    KingPin wrote: »

A nightmare is a good way to put it. I like your order but saving b2 that long would spell my demise. My thoughts are Anakin, b2, Rey, palpi then RG, while this order has worked, more often than not, I lose.
    Saving RG for last means my QGJ needs to stay alive long enough to dispel him, which the AI seems to be aware of.

Faced a few palp teams now always take out palp otherwise he stun locks your team and your screwed, although b2 is a pain he hits relatively weak just my thoughts hence my order
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    @Joeyd7878
    Quick question Joey,
    If my STH is super fast. Let's say 200. And there may be 1 faster Han in my server. He will taunt and give 30% TM to my whole team than its my palpi's turn and he stuns 3 or even 2/5. Is he still bad? Like does he not utilize the shock correctly in any way?
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    @Joeyd7878
    Quick question Joey,
    If my STH is super fast. Let's say 200. And there may be 1 faster Han in my server. He will taunt and give 30% TM to my whole team than its my palpi's turn and he stuns 3 or even 2/5. Is he still bad? Like does he not utilize the shock correctly in any way?

@Jetlife
    I haven't seen that yet but if your SThan is that fast and can protect long enough to get EP at least one, maybe two, turns in then I could see that working. My Rey and QGJ have enough speed that I've been able to kill him in my first two strikes. But if EP has someone to hide behind like that (not counting RG bc you can work around auto taunt pretty easily most of the time) and can get the shock treatment off, then yes...I imagine that could work pretty well. I'd do some homework on your shards squads first though. If most toons are faster then they could possibly negate STHan and his taunt. (Old Ben, RG , etc)

Having said this I know nothing of EP and the AI so that's yet to be determined.