Can I beat Palpatine without STH?

Old_Scott
217 posts Member
edited August 2016
I am at Tier 6 of the event and can barely get Palpatine into the yellow (I've never gotten him to red). I have the following team, with Lando maxed out and all the rest 6*, level 70, level 7 attacks and abilities:

AA (L) G7
Lando G10
Leia G8
Biggs G7
HRS G8

I was planninging to star them all up to 7* by the end of the event. But, if I am having this much trouble at Tier 6, I don't think I have a chance at Tier 7. Any help from someone who has done it without STH would be appreciated.

Replies

• Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Gear up Leia, she and Lando can do the job for you.
  • Options
    @Monxie Have you done it without STH?
  • Options
    I did the challenge with AA, Leia, Lando, Biggs, Luke all Lv. 80 g8 (Leia 9) and full mods...it was tough without ST Han
  • Old_Scott
    217 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @Jason42, I assume you had AA as lead and took out the guards first, right? My problem is that I can be 5 on 1 against him and he just heals any damage I do. Did you just keep trying until you had RNG on your side?
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Level and gear your characters and you can do it with that lineup
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    I have same tries before I finished tier 7. The try when I finished t7 was when the Sthan was able to taunt. All tries before he was stuned before he was able to make move.The conclusion :
    1. it is very hard to finish t7 without him.
    2. Sthan can be useless against Palpatine's team if he will not able to taunt.
  • Options
    It's possible, I did it with AA, Leia, Lando, HRScout, and Biggs. Gear up your team and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    Imbicatus wrote: »
    It's possible, I did it with AA, Leia, Lando, HRScout, and Biggs. Gear up your team and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the reply. Do you mind telling me what gear level you had them each at?

I can get Leia up to 9 in a couple days, which I hope is good enough. I think I could also get Ackbar our Biggs up to 8, but I don't know which would be better.
  • Options
    Old_Scott wrote: »
    @Jason42, I assume you had AA as lead and took out the guards first, right? My problem is that I can be 5 on 1 against him and he just heals any damage I do. Did you just keep trying until you had RNG on your side?

Yes AA lead and then guards. It wasn't easy, took me a lot of tries and luck, but got it done

• Options
    Thanks all. I finally beat him...at Tier 6. I'm going to focus all my resources on gearing and leveling up my squad to take him on at Tier 7 on Monday.