Dengar raid question

Cor
124 posts Member
Anyone playing Dengar on T7? I assume that to inflict tenacity down he needs to crit and have enough potency. Any tips on % of potency required to inflict tenacity down on Heroic Rancor?

Replies

• Options
    I use him with my Ewok team. Tenacity down sticks every crit, it can't be resisted. That being said, I still have a little potency for the slow (if he doesn't crit) and for the dot/tm reduction in pvp/gw
  • Options
    You could run him with Phasma to guarantee that he crits when using Mini-Mine Mayhem... His basic crit chance is really low.
  • Options
    To get tenacity down, he doesn't need potency, just needs to crit. I combine him with Phasma for the guaranteed cirt from her victory march, then he can apply speed down (if Phasma doesn't) once tenacity is down. Others drop Phasma and focus on getting Dengars crit chance up, but whatever works for you.
  • Cor
    124 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I thought of repacing Phasma with Dengar, but it looks I may need both to apply tenacity and speed down.
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So if u run Phasma and dengar who else do you take? I assume it's teebo lead, qgj and ee?

And what sort of scores can you expect t7 with that team? Only I'm working on dengar and want to know if I swap out GS for him... Can currently do about 2.2 mill
  • Cor
    124 posts Member
    Options
    I currently do Heroic with Teebo (L), EE, Phasma, QGJ and Rex. On avarage RNG I finish p1 and do about half of p2. With good RNG I did p1 and nearly finished p2 (12% left). I hoped to improve the score and go to p3 or even solo the raid after replacing Phasma with Dengar and option to inflict speed down and tenacity down with one toon. But I see it may not be the case, unless I manage to stack Dengar with both - potency and crit chance somehow...

By the way, anyone knows amount of tenacity decreased by tenacity down?
  • Options
    Tenacity down negates ALL tenacity, leaving only the base 15% chance of resistance.
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • Cor
    124 posts Member
    Options
    Oh dear, sounds lovely! In this case Dengar with high crit and about 50% tenacity may replace Phasma. Need to test it.
  • Options
    My experience with Dengar has been interesting. From reading some comments on the forums that people were nearly soloing the entire raid once they got Dengar, I assumed that was the magic formula...get Dengar, then be awesome. I did 2.1Mil twice with him, which is about the same as without him. I am now running teebo, ee, es, qgj, Dengar. My old team ran phasma and chirpa instead of scout and Dengar. I think the single most important thing for Dengar to do is inflict tenacity down on the rancor as soon as he can. This means maximizing his crit chance above all things (except maybe get potency on the cross mod). If he doesn't land it, you have to have a very fast Dengar and some good rng to even have a shot at landing it again before some of your toons are dead.
    As for slow, I only saw dengars slow resisted once while tenacity down was active (I have something around 40 potency on him). The much larger problem is that he has a fairly low percentage to have it even attempt to apply it. I will sometimes go three or four attempts on the captain before it applies ( I only get 1 or 2 chances on the rancor).
    Phasma could replace either scout or qgj, BUT tenacity down (high crit chance) is the priority for Dengar.

Tier 7 raid
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Cor wrote: »
    I currently do Heroic with Teebo (L), EE, Phasma, QGJ and Rex. On avarage RNG I finish p1 and do about half of p2. With good RNG I did p1 and nearly finished p2 (12% left). I hoped to improve the score and go to p3 or even solo the raid after replacing Phasma with Dengar and option to inflict speed down and tenacity down with one toon. But I see it may not be the case, unless I manage to stack Dengar with both - potency and crit chance somehow...

By the way, anyone knows amount of tenacity decreased by tenacity down?

Probably 0 tenacity (leaving rancor with a base 15% tenacity, which in bad RNG, will still prevent you from landing tm/speed down).

Check this out: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/63683/soloed-the-t7-raid-without-dengar
    Player: https://swgoh.gg/u/pathos/

Pathos soloed entire T7 without Dengar, which make me so happy because I only need to *7 EE now (have Teebo/Rex/QGJ/Fives ready to go) and farm the potency mk5's (got my palpy *7 yesterday yeahhhh!!!!)

He is fully geared / omega'ed / mk5 potency'ed lol so gota grind hard to get the right mods, but yeah, it's doable!

With your team, just sub in Fives for Phasma...

Pathos-GOH-Raid-Solo.jpg

Do or do not...
  • Cor
    124 posts Member
    Options
    I soloed it once, but it was before mods nerf, so not much of an achievement. I believe key is nearly 95% Teebo potency - even with all potency mods I am at 86%, so I still want to try Dengar, before I get potency mods with better secondaries. I will give Fives a try, but mine already has his basic on omega, which does not help on raids as he just boosts Rancor's turn meter. We'll see ;-)

Thanks for the comments guys. Really helpful :-)