Change Arena Match Timer Max from 5 to 3 min

Arena activity has continued to increase as Shards are being reconfigured to drop inactive players. There is simply no need for 5 minute matches any more and for players to have to wait a full 5 min when being engaged by someone before being able to initiate action.

I have locked out plenty of opponents and been locked out before payouts plenty - let's find a better way to keep arena action going and interesting.

Replies

• Options
    I like there to be no time zone ranking system. Would rather a total time over the 24 HR for rewards. It would make holding #1 spot more competitive & force activity throughout.
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    3 minutes it really tight I've had matches go to the limit before genuinely having to put on auto to finish in time (Ben and tank teams) ... Agree it's used as a sniping tactic though for lock out...

I propose arena rewards are paid out based on your highest rank for that day would stop the silly last 15 minutes rucking that goes on and would promote a more vibrant arena too instead of same faces in top 20
    Post edited by KingPin on
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Empire teams all have little DPS but high HP. We won through inevitability of staying alive. I have many matches take up about 4 minutes.
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Options
    Not every team is designed to win in 2-3 minutes. Please consider things like these or acknowledge them in posts if you're going to generate threads to change the game...
  • Options
    No
  • scuba
    14182 posts Member
    Options
    Arena activity has continued to increase as Shards are being reconfigured to drop inactive players. There is simply no need for 5 minute matches any more and for players to have to wait a full 5 min when being engaged by someone before being able to initiate action.

I have locked out plenty of opponents and been locked out before payouts plenty - let's find a better way to keep arena action going and interesting.
    How does this stop the sniping lockout?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    A different system could be devised, but 3 minutes is not enough because all you do is trade out the current system for a defensive team system. OB lead with some counter tanks and wait for the timer to expire...once ppl get into position with a team like this they would never move. Low power team so would also be hard to win in 3, but on auto with good RNG once is all it would take.
    KingPin wrote: »
    3 minutes it really tight I've had matches go to the limit before genuinely had to put on auto to finish in time (Ben and tank teams) ... Agree it's used as a sniping tactic though...

I propose arena rewards should are paid out based on your highest rank for that day would stop the silly last 15 minutes rucking that goes on would promote a more vibrant arena too instead of same faces in top 20

This has no competition, I can take the 1 any time I need to, if it's not a specific time then there is no competition. This could also lead to shard groups that work together to keep people out of top position throughout the day....maybe not as likely but in a system like this it is a possibility.
  • Options
    I would just add a 3vs3 and 8vs8 arena
  • Options
    Ing256 wrote: »
    No

This.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I like there to be no time zone ranking system. Would rather a total time over the 24 HR for rewards. It would make holding #1 spot more competitive & force activity throughout.

Have no life, you must not.

It's a mobile game, not a job.
  • Options
    Ing256 wrote: »
    No

Agreed
  • Options
    Nah that'll screw over ewok teams and tanky teams.
  • Options
    Yes because what we really need is to push this game to be more about speed and damage and less about tactics and strategy... 3 minutes leaves you only that choice on offence.
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    That's a negative ghost rider...
  • Skuddy
    137 posts Member
    Options
    There should be a point system to PVP rather than a time system. Or some combination of both. Maybe if someone is busy challenging a rank (say rank 1 whoever beats the team fastest gets the rank, or whoever has more characters and HP left. Or something) the whole challenging someone defensively at the last moment is really irksome. Just lock out the top 3 spots so no one can compete. Sounds like a solid system.
  • Options

Kyno wrote: »
    A different system could be devised, but 3 minutes is not enough because all you do is trade out the current system for a defensive team system. OB lead with some counter tanks and wait for the timer to expire...once ppl get into position with a team like this they would never move. Low power team so would also be hard to win in 3, but on auto with good RNG once is all it would take.
    KingPin wrote: »
    3 minutes it really tight I've had matches go to the limit before genuinely had to put on auto to finish in time (Ben and tank teams) ... Agree it's used as a sniping tactic though...

I propose arena rewards should are paid out based on your highest rank for that day would stop the silly last 15 minutes rucking that goes on would promote a more vibrant arena too instead of same faces in top 20

This has no competition, I can take the 1 any time I need to, if it's not a specific time then there is no competition. This could also lead to shard groups that work together to keep people out of top position throughout the day....maybe not as likely but in a system like this it is a possibility.

As can a lot of us but you still have to get there in the first place and a lot more people would be trying to move above if this came in
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    No, too short.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting