Frustrating GW (not that it's too hard)

Prev1
Defense1236
737 posts Member
edited August 2016
I was playing on the third node against a pretty easy squad Rey Aalya, Vader all low stars with my droid squad with JE and 88 in it, I get the enemy down to vader with a bomb on him so he used culling blade, kills 88, gets another turn, then blows up, leaving me without a retreat to get back 88, a vital success to my GW.

Any one else with a similar thing happen to them?

Replies

• Options
    Sounds like your saying its to hard lol. I never use my a team until node 6-7
  • Options
    Not A team and I still beat beat it.
  • Options
    Hahaha. Oh man, that sounds like a bad chain of events there.

Glad you still beat it, but man, that's bad luck.
  • Options
    Nerf bombs plz.
  • Options
    You did bad tactics. Keep playing and youll get better.
    Ill send an ewok around to dry your tears
  • Options
    Funny thing is that i think they adjust the enemys to your squad.. Ima droid user and 70% of battles are against fives ..50% dooku 50% savage 50% rex.. 30% rg.. Thats strange.. Also some crap chars like qgj,phasma,lumi,bariss,sid,asajj.. Theyre no treat
  • Options
    hs5elx.jpg
    15rz2vb.jpg
    8yt93n.jpg
    2i911tg.jpg
    2iaeqvq.jpg

Sorry, your problem with GW is? 100% FTP team wrecking it!
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    @Lillegre at least you got easy teams on Node 11 and 12.

I normally face and Old Ben Lead with Anakin, Rey, RG and Rex and max gear and modded. Or Count Dooku, Rey, QGJ, Anakin and RG all max gear and modded.

or similar teams i listed above but with STH Or maxed droid teams.

The QGJ you faced isn't gear 11, the Rey isn't gear 10, the GS isn't gear 10 etc.

i face better teams on Node 6 than you face on Node 11 and 12. Luck of the draw? idk but you should be thankful because not everyone has it that easy.

and yes i'm FTP as well

• Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    @Lillegre at least you got easy teams on Node 11 and 12.

I normally face and Old Ben Lead with Anakin, Rey, RG and Rex and max gear and modded. Or Count Dooku, Rey, QGJ, Anakin and RG all max gear and modded.

or similar teams i listed above but with STH Or maxed droid teams.

The QGJ you faced isn't gear 11, the Rey isn't gear 10, the GS isn't gear 10 etc.

i face better teams on Node 6 than you face on Node 11 and 12. Luck of the draw? idk but you should be thankful because not everyone has it that easy.

and yes i'm FTP as well

I'm L79, Gear 8 / 9!
  • Options
    And I beat GW 29 days of the month...
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    @Lillegre me too!
  • Options
    @Lillegre me too!

To which comment?
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Lillegre wrote: »
    @Lillegre me too!

To which comment?

lvl 79 gear 8 & 9.

i beat GW once every week or once every 2 weeks.
  • Lillegre
    253 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @Lillegre me too!

To which comment?

lvl 79 gear 8 & 9.

I beat it every day with rare exception (normally once a month when I am playing drunk or with a hangover)....

I beat GW 29 / 30 days, if you only beat it 3 / 30 days, is that bad RNG or bad player skill?

• Lillegre
    253 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    duplicate

• Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely not bad player skill.

and i'm kidding i'm level 80. Arena power is 36,096

i have:
    1 g11 character
    1 g10 character
    6 g9 characters
    roughly 10 g8 characters.

My GW is crazy hard which is why i barely beat it. Once you face an all droid team both Node 11 and 12 or Clone Team you will understand what i'm talking about. Enjoy your GW for now because if you ever have to face what i face then you will either quit or cry lol
  • Options

i have:
    1 g11 character
    1 g10 character
    6 g9 characters

My GW is crazy hard which is why i barely beat it. Once you face an all droid team both Node 11 and 12 or Clone Team you will understand what i'm talking about. Enjoy your GW for now because if you ever have to face what i face then you will either quit or cry lol

Or I'll just beat it? 32K Arena power here, will only get better one I hit 80... I beat droid teams, mainly because my JE is scary fast and I beat Clone / Dooku / Jedi revenge squads because I am not an ****!

You also said in the above, when you were calling my GW's "easy" that you were L79 / G8 or 9, now you are L80 / G9 or better... make up your mind....

@Lillegre me too!
    lvl 79 gear 8 & 9.
  • Options
    hs5elx.jpg
    15rz2vb.jpg
    8yt93n.jpg
    2i911tg.jpg
    2iaeqvq.jpg

Sorry, your problem with GW is? 100% FTP team wrecking it!
    I face last nodes like yours, I had to get rid of 88 and replace him with random Jawa and Droid combos based on the enemy to keep A squad's protection up.
  • Options
    Funny thing is that i think they adjust the enemys to your squad.. Ima droid user and 70% of battles are against fives ..50% dooku 50% savage 50% rex.. 30% rg.. Thats strange.. Also some **** chars like qgj,phasma,lumi,bariss,sid,asajj.. Theyre no treat

I don't know if this is true or not, but I feel like they tailor squads against me too. I run a pretty heavy Jedi team for the first 6-12 nodes that obviously relies a lot on healing. I constantly get matched up against teams with Sid, Kylo, or both. Literally almost every single squad I face has one or both of them in it.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I was playing on the third node against a pretty easy squad Rey Aalya, Vader all low stars with my droid squad with JE and 88 in it, I get the enemy down to vader with a bomb on him so he used culling blade, kills 88, gets another turn, then blows up, leaving me without a retreat to get back 88, a vital success to my GW.

What level are you? When you get omega HK, you should not be running JE in GW, hardly at all, particularly in node 3. His bombs are going off too late, his recalibrate does not have major effect except with a cold start, and you should not be needing heals/rezes in node 3. You are wasting a space. You could be giving another toon TM. Or using a dps toon to kill vader before he even gets a turn.

• Options
    LastJedi wrote: »

What level are you? When you get omega HK, you should not be running JE in GW, hardly at all, particularly in node 3. His bombs are going off too late, his recalibrate does not have major effect except with a cold start, and you should not be needing heals/rezes in node 3. You are wasting a space. You could be giving another toon TM. Or using a dps toon to kill vader before he even gets a turn.
    Not 80
    Don't really have a better choice than JE plus his debuffs help 88
  • Options

i have:
    1 g11 character
    1 g10 character
    6 g9 characters

• Options
    I understand your pain. Lucky for me it was the last battle, but it was a Max Clone team. Crazy mods, high gear and lvl 80. Had Cody, Echo, Fives, Rex as leader I think, and then RG. Sooo many lines in the protection and health bars. I could get a hit off, they kept getting bonus attacks. I restarted it after trying 5 times. Lol.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    gw is easy
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    And I beat GW 29 days of the month...

Only 29?

Yeah, I do F it up about once a month, usually playing drunk at midnight....
  • Options
    Lol this thread...
    "Look I'm doing GW easy, I'm so good"
    No you aren't. You farmed droids, and lucky for you HK makes them perfect for GW. You probably didn't even know this when you started to farm them.
    There is hardly anything in this game that relies on skill. It all comes down to what you farmed, how long you have been farming and how lucky you got while farming, and how much money you spent on the game.
    Having some knowledge about what toons are good and what toons are bad isn't skill.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    boellefisk wrote: »
    Lol this thread...
    No you aren't. You farmed droids, and lucky for you HK makes them perfect for GW. You probably didn't even know this when you started to farm them.
    There is hardly anything in this game that relies on skill. It all comes down to what you farmed, how long you have been farming and how lucky you got while farming, and how much money you spent on the game.
    Having some knowledge about what toons are good and what toons are bad isn't skill.

some players are just better than others. And i'm not talking about how much money they invested or how lucky they got, just better at the game than others. You don't want to call it "skill" and i kinda agree on that, but strategy and planning influence ingame performance quite alot.
    I dont care if this makes me sound arrogant, but i consider myself an above average player. I have no problem clearing GW all day, every day. I dont use droids. Skill? meh.. Just strategy.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    boellefisk wrote: »
    Lol this thread...

some players are just better than others. And i'm not talking about how much money they invested or how lucky they got, just better at the game than others. You don't want to call it "skill" and i kinda agree on that, but strategy and planning influence ingame performance quite alot.
    I dont care if this makes me sound arrogant, but i consider myself an above average player. I have no problem clearing GW all day, every day. I dont use droids. Skill? meh.. Just strategy.

Agreed, strategy ofc plays a role in how fast you are able to progress because you choose your goals and sometimes several goals align with getting certain toons. What I find hilarious is when some players think they are better than others becasue they clear GW every day.
    I guess most people on older shards complete GW every day, but that doesn't translate into being brilliant at anything. It's a simple matter of priority and time/money spent.
    I knew GW would become difficult for me when I was between power 34k and power 36K so I waited a while before gearing above 9, so I could gear up 3 toons at once and get easy node 12. It payed off. Was it because I was skilled? No. Am I a strategic mastermind? No. I just read a bit on the forums and had enough time on my hands to get G10 mats without dropping too much in arena. That's all.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I've had issues with node 12 for a while now. It's really screwing with my crystals for energy refreshes. However, I know that I can get there with some more bench building and modding. GW is what it is.