Trying A Non Healer Team

So I am trying out a none healer team for squad arena, I lost my 1st attempt to a team with the usual suspects (Kylo, Sid, Dooku, Maul, Lumi) but it was a close run thing, I won the 2nd attempt v a droid team. This is my lineup;

Boba (leader)
Luke
Sid
Geo Soldier
Poggle

Given that team is Boba the right leader (he has +35% team critical damage) or would Sid be a better leader? The other alternative to switch in for 1 of these characters would be Asaji, but with her broken special it seems pointless to me.

Replies

• Options
    You can throw Lumi in there, she is not really classified as a "healer" and her damage is on par with a lot of toons, plus her ability block comes in very handy.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you try to do. I'd focus more eithr in AOE (with IG88 replacing Geo) or single tsrget (with 86 replacing Boba), right now it looks like you try to be a jack of all trades
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I would ditch boba for lumi and let Sid lead. I know u said "no healer" but she truly is a beast.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    You can throw Lumi in there, she is not really classified as a "healer" and her damage is on par with a lot of toons, plus her ability block comes in very handy.

My Lumi isn't fully maxed out, she's only level 55 (I am level 58) and her damage is only 581, compared to; Luke 1078, Boba 1030, Geo Soldier 1066, Sid 908, Poggle 815.

I managed to finish 10th with 3 wins and 1 loss and a draw, the draw was only a time waster for the last battle v a team 1 level higher and with 1500 power more than me with both Vader and Kylo, who always seem to waste my teams. For some reason it only gave me the option of facing 7th, 8th or 9th and both 8th and 9th had 4000 more power and 3 more levels than me.

So it was 3 places down from yesterday, but not too bad for a first attempt.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you try to do. I'd focus more eithr in AOE (with IG88 replacing Geo) or single target (with 86 replacing Boba), right now it looks like you try to be a jack of all trades

Well my thinking is that with Boba giving +35% critical damage (soon to be 45%) I have Luke who has a critical based special which more often than not leads to him either 1 shotting or at the very least taking away 3/4 health and stunning his target, Sid deals damage over time on a critical hit so the initial critical hit will deal more damage as will the damage over time (I think), Geo Soldier is a beast with deadly attacks but he also provides a 6% critical chance for Geonosian allies which helps Poggle, and Poggle's buff working side by side with the critical's = a lot of damage inflicted from the other toons.
  • Options
    So I am trying out a none healer team for squad arena, I lost my 1st attempt to a team with the usual suspects (Kylo, Sid, Dooku, Maul, Lumi) but it was a close run thing, I won the 2nd attempt v a droid team. This is my lineup;

Boba (leader)
    Luke
    Sid
    Geo Soldier
    Poggle

Given that team is Boba the right leader (he has +35% team critical damage) or would Sid be a better leader? The other alternative to switch in for 1 of these characters would be Asaji, but with her broken special it seems pointless to me.

Maul is not a usual suspect. You cant farm him, therefore he is pretty much useless lategame. Kylo is not that good either. This lineup doesnt look that good tbh. I dont think you can overcome the current healing meta in arena without having insane dmg lategame characters like TIE Pilot.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know about level 70 but 7star level 60 Lumni hits as hard as Luke and strangely crits almost as much
  • Options

Boba (leader)
    Luke
    Sid
    Geo Soldier
    Poggle

Maul is not a usual suspect. You cant farm him, therefore he is pretty much useless lategame. Kylo is not that good either. This lineup doesnt look that good tbh. I dont think you can overcome the current healing meta in arena without having insane dmg lategame characters like TIE Pilot.

Well he was 7* purple, so I am guessing the guy I faced was a big spender and I disagree completely about Kylo, I find him easy to kill but he generally gets his AoE attack in before I do which helps the opposition very much.

• Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    I don't know about level 70 but 7star level 60 Lumni hits as hard as Luke and strangely crits almost as much

Given the new state of GW, I have no choice really than to start leveling Lumi up, so once I have finished farming Dooku and IG-88 I will switch my attention to her.
  • Options

Boba (leader)
    Luke
    Sid
    Geo Soldier
    Poggle

If you really plan going with a non healer team, you definitly need a high burst team (FOTP + Leia, or Droid team), if not, run 1 healer, because if your damage output is not high enough, you'll not be able to kill fast to counter the lack of heals, imho.
  • Options
    I have dropped Lumi from my team and run a non-healer team of Phasma (L), Dooku, Fives, Kylo and Sid (I may swap Sid for FOST when I get him leveled). I have no trouble beating teams with healers 1000 power above me. I just hit harder and more often than they do.
  • Options
    JayBeefed wrote: »
    I have dropped Lumi from my team and run a non-healer team of Phasma (L), Dooku, Fives, Kylo and Sid (I may swap Sid for FOST when I get him leveled). I have no trouble beating teams with healers 1000 power above me. I just hit harder and more often than they do.

I'm working on unlocking Kylo and Dooku. I should have Dooku by Monday and hopefully Kylo by Tuesday.
  • Options
    I'm working on unlocking Kylo and Dooku. I should have Dooku by Monday and hopefully Kylo by Tuesday.

If you already have Poggle, Sid, GS, and Luke, then I could see Poe being a good fit to protect them and debuff the opfor. That would be a pretty scary (and fast) team. Healers can't do much if you're taking down toons before they can move...

• Options

Kylo is not that great, i mean, his strenght comes from CDs reset and counter attacks, but most of the time, people will just ignore him and kill him last, that's what i do when i face a Kylo, and he isn't a problem at all, i've droped him myself and used Vader instead (yeah can't be trained, blabla, true, but my Kylo is 4* and Vader as well, he just synergizes better with my current team).
  • Options
    So the none healer team is working quite well for me,since using it the lowest I've finished in squad arena was 7th and for the last 5 days I have finished top 5 every day. Once I've unlocked Poe I may sub him in for Luke but we'll see. I've also got IG86 and IG-88 who I am working on getting to 5* so I'll soon have plenty of options.
  • Options

If you already have Poggle, Sid, GS, and Luke, then I could see Poe being a good fit to protect them and debuff the opfor. That would be a pretty scary (and fast) team. Healers can't do much if you're taking down toons before they can move...

I also have a similar team but have lumi instead of GS. I will work on him. What I was thinking with poggle and poe my overall damage will decrease, is it not?
  • Options
    Poggle and Poe don't hit hard, but that's not what they are there for in that build. Luke and GS are your damage dealers. Poggle makes them deal even more damage, while Poe protects them for two turns, exposes the opfor and reduces the their turn meter. In theory, you could knock down two of their toons before Poe's taunt expires, and in a battle of 5 on 3, I like your odds.

Anyway, this is the team that I am currently working on building. Unless someone with more experience tells me that I am on the wrong track..?
  • Options
    I'm working towards a non-healer team of Sid(l), Poe, GS, Poggle, IG-86. All farmable, and with the assists could take out 1-2 units within the first couple of moves.
  • Options
    I run a non-healer team and I generally sit around 350-250 in arena.

Phasma (Leader)
    Sidius
    Kylo
    First Order Storm Trooper
    Savage

I feel like its a pretty solid squad because of sidius' and Kylos' heal block. FOST has a slow and synergizes well with Phasma.
    There may be a better option than Savage but idk who else to put in. He does a solid amount of damage and has a good amount of health
  • Options
    JeweyPls wrote: »
    I run a non-healer team and I generally sit around 350-250 in arena.

Phasma (Leader)
    Sidius
    Kylo
    First Order Storm Trooper
    Savage

I feel like its a pretty solid squad because of sidius' and Kylos' heal block. FOST has a slow and synergizes well with Phasma.
    There may be a better option than Savage but idk who else to put in. He does a solid amount of damage and has a good amount of health

That's a nice looking team. What about CT-5555's instead of savage for even more assists, slows and synergy?