Kylo Ren Rework Idea

Kylo, currently, has very little going for him. There is just really no reason to use him over many other characters, like Rey, qgj, phasma, etc. So, I had a rework idea:

Ability 1 (primary) (Ragged Cut): 60% chance to inflict buff and healing immunity for two turns. Increase damage by 20% if kylo has advantage.

Ability 2 (Lash Out): deal physical damage to all enemies. 20% chance for kylo to gain offense up. For every living first order ally, increase that chance by 10%.

Ability 3 (Outrage): deal physical damage to target enemy. This ability's damage is increased by 10% for every 10% health kylo has lost. In addition, call in a random first order ally to assist for 20% less damage.

Unique (unstoppable): 50% chance to reduce his cooldowns by 1 when damaged. In addition, when kylo uses a special, grant a random ally advantage. If that ally is first order, they gain 20%.turn meter

Leader: all first order allies gain 20% counter chance.

Just throwing out an idea. I'd love to see ideas and suggestions.

Replies

• Options
    Well crap, I just got him 84/100 shards today. I was thinking of replacing FOO once I max "Kyle"

FOO isn't the best, but I he's pretty versatile for raids and GW.
  • Options
    Well ****, I just got him 84/100 shards today. I was thinking of replacing FOO once I max "Kyle"

FOO isn't the best, but I he's pretty versatile for raids and GW.
    He's really not a bad investment. He's just not top tier. I think if he was to only receive a damage increase on Ragged Cut and Lash Out he'd be a lot better. I personally think his kit is already fine though.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • eliza
    33 posts Member
    Options
    They should just give him synergy with Vader (like Biggs/Wedge) and he'd be viable on Empire teams. Call it "Inspired Darkness" or something stupid and have them assist each other.
  • Options
    Yeah, as much as he **** in the movie, and how much cg hates good characters, he should be up there with rey in the too OP to be allowed category
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    You would never use Kylo over Anakin. Both have good hp and protection and Kylo actually has really high physical damage, but his modifiers are so garbage. I am hopeful they will make Kylo great again!
  • Options
    They will probably wait til star wars 8 to see what he does. Before they rework him.
  • Options
    Yeah one of the biggies with Kylo is he has no synergies, rest of the first order get bonuses if they have advantage but he just gets the free crit, and what I think his purpose is to be is similar to Dooku he attacks often but for little damage, trading the counter chance for health, the problem being is he's so slow and while his unique resets his cooldowns often it isn't enough, if they added turn meter gain to it I think he would be better. But as for a leader ability I imagine if/when they movies go more into the knights of ren he could get one based off that