#38 Small Life Changes : The Mod Shop Overhaul

Mofojokers1992
1975 posts Member
edited August 2016
The Mod Shop

211w0w4.png

Where to begin.....

Let's start with a little chat , Star Wars games open wallets faster than any other franchise. We are devoted to Star Wars and happily support anything wearing the title ( outside of the train wreck Battlefront EA ). :D

The update to the shop had me excited because i expected high end mods without the hassle of RNG. Then the prices of the tier 5 mods were shown to us. :(

Why was it so bad?, well the first reason goes to not having them atleast at level 12 so we can see what the stats max at before buying them. Next came from the price itself for almost 3 raid items we can get a tier 5 not 7 mod with heaps of rng still to deal with...

Start with what caused this thread to start.

@GhostSpider

A fellow spender comming across this mod.
o04b48.jpg

Caught between the 3600 crystal cost and the RNG. He went ahead and gave the mod shop a chance.

Boy o boy..... he got taken for a ride......
2pzzk48.jpg
1zlag6c.jpg

To quote him :
" I am so p^^^^d off now, I won't buy from the store again"

This was exactly why i have never touched the mod shop. Even as a kraken spender it doesn't matter with that much RNG and spending needed.....

The Start Of A Better Version
I could talk about (catching more Flies with (insert anything). But let's just cut to what could be....

Step One
Remove tier 1-5 mods and all the trash out.

Step Two
Fill it with tier 6 and 7 mods ( know by the time this gets considered they will be out).

Step Three
Set them to Yellow only And Level 12 ( max stats shown)

Note: 12-15 is the most credit hungry area so your credit bottleneck is still there.

Step Four
Price reductions for obvious reasons.
(My example of the reduction)

- Tier 6 yellow level 12 mods [ Crystals : 2100 / Credits : 2.5 million ]

-Tier 7 yellow level 12 mods [ Crystals : 3500 / Credits : 4 million ]

Step Five
Enjoy the feedback as people will feel better about buying crystals or saving all their credits.

- Tier 7 mods randomly drop from the droid raid high tiers .
- Tier 7 mods can be purchased from the mod shop.

- Tier 6 mods randomly drop from tier 4 challenges and from the droid raid low tiers.
- Tier 6 Mods can be purchased from the mod shop.

Conclusion
Mods are just a changing gear set of raid like item levels of rarities. You have raid gear 2.0 but we need abit of slack here. :)

Getting six new raid like items per hero even at these prices is just alot. Especially as new heroes are brought in all the time and levels are raised. Then soon gear 12 and so on so i believe this is a fair compromise.

#38 Small Life Changes : The Mod Shop Overhaul 16 votes

I would LIKE this change
93%
TaniwhajoelightyearMofojokers1992ChazSunrayAcky649GhostSpiderBooCarpeDiem007007UglukTankzzxMaxReboBarhebraeusMoe_BettaBasti0nCF_Jedi1234 15 votes
I would NOT like this change
6%
ThunderGun 1 vote
Other
0%

Replies

• Options
    I would LIKE this change
    Yes please but I am extra biased after my experience. I have spent more than my fair share in the game but after this it made me feel dirty. Normally I look forward to my next purchase but this just doesn't feel right.
  • Options
    I would LIKE this change
    I would like to see this change, the example above is the very reason I won't buy from mod shipments... For that price I'd expect the mod to be level 12 (most the cost of levelling is incurred from 12-15), with secondary stats showing.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    I would LIKE this change
    I don't mind if there are lower tier mods available in the shop, but i am totally on board with the other suggestions. The gold mods being level 12 in particular would encourage me to purchase in particular. Treat level 7 mods like raid gear in shipments, probably 3 random 6 & 7 at a time.
  • Options
    I would LIKE this change
    in general there's way too much RNG involved with purchases in the game. If you're going to spend in the mod shop it should be fairly clear what you're paying for, and selling mods at level 12 would make it much clearer if the money you're about to drop is going to bring some benefit.
  • Options
    I would LIKE this change
    I hate the effect of mods and the mod shop but I know that wallets need to be opened to sustain the game and this seems more reasonable and would allow a greater number of players to compete in different games modes rather than just a few players holding what feels like an unpassable advantage with speed secondaries
  • Options
    I would NOT like this change
    I don't know.. this is pretty terrible idea. Kraken spenders will have a complete arena team of +15 or so speed secondaries on every single one of their characters in every single mod slot in a matter of days. The p2p vs f2p gap would widen so far most f2p players would just quit out of pure frustration. The RNG aspect sucks, but it at least keeps huge spenders from just farming mods purely with their wallet. That shouldn't be how the game works and thankfully it is not. Mods are RNG, they are supposed to take you a while to accumulate, you're supposed to dump credits leveling them to find out they suck and then continue to do that day in and day out until maybe you do get exactly what you want. Just my opinion, but I don't want to see anything remotely resembling what you suggest happen.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I would LIKE this change
    I have never bought anything from the mod shop...period, because of the burn you'd get from it.

I have earned and upgraded every single mod I have.

I would certainly consider buying from the mod shop if these changes were implemented.