Arena protocol?

What would be considered as good or bad behavior in Arena? In general I won't go for a Top 5 slot when it's not near my payout schedule. However, I would want to be in striking distance of Top 5 when my payout schedule nears so throughout the day I would play now and then as my schedule permits to be in slots 6-10. Then 2 hours before payout is when I would be aggressive in going for slots 1-5. How do you go about it?

Replies

• scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    I try not to hit anyone in the top 5 whose payout is in that hour. If I am not sure I normally leave them alone also.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have no idea what correct protocol is. I've only recently in the last few weeks become a presence within the Top 10, even holding #1 for a period. I'm sure I've irritated the dominant players in my server (Hi Scuba) but I do try and remain respectful of payouts...even if I have no idea if they share mine. I generally try to do as you do...remain within the Top 20 throughout the day, and then make my move to the Top 10 or as best I can get within the last 30 minutes. After that, if I have any hits leftover, I'm just testing myself against the competition to see where and how I can improve.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    On the flip side...it's been kind of fun being in one of the non-dominant guilds on my server and making noise. I'd obviously rather be on the server where the majority of my guildies have 1-20 locked down and rotate at payout, but...we make do with what we have.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    I have no idea what correct protocol is. I've only recently in the last few weeks become a presence within the Top 10, even holding #1 for a period. I'm sure I've irritated the dominant players in my server (Hi Scuba) but I do try and remain respectful of payouts...even if I have no idea if they share mine. I generally try to do as you do...remain within the Top 20 throughout the day, and then make my move to the Top 10 or as best I can get within the last 30 minutes. After that, if I have any hits leftover, I'm just testing myself against the competition to see where and how I can improve.

Welcome to the top! Keep Blasting thru those droids!
  • Options
    Wait, everyone in my server has a different payout time? :#
  • Options
    I try not to make a move during last ten minutes of any hour. Especially if it bumps my opponent into a significantly lower payout. For example out of top ten or twenty. I know most people's payout times on my server. I try to avoid hitting those on my server that have same payout. I've made contact with some in my payout and we try to help each other out. There is one guy who refuses to join the rest of us and snipes.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907