Repeatable Events

IDobaFett
237 posts Member
edited August 2016
I know it's probably been said, but I'll say it again. We need repeatable events. Something easy for a developer to kick off every week.
Yoda event was awesome and took a while to complete. But once you've got Yoda, you can't play it anymore. Emperor event was 2xawesome. Still need to get mine to 7* so will have to wait "extremely" long for it to return. The problem is, the development team spends all this time developing 1 time content and then the players sit around waiting for the next 1 time content. CG needs to learn about economies of scale (or is there a better term to use here). Do it once and use that structure for future events. Not one-offs.
What we need are generic repeatable events that can be played every day using some type of hurdle such as keys or tokens (not current energy or stamina, or only a small bit in combination with a key). Other games I have played or are currently playing (due to lack of playable content in SWGOH) have week long raid style events that you can pretty much play all day long if you are willing to spend the time and invest in some gems.
We have lots of character development in SWGOH, but little to do outside of grinding shards and gear and 5 minute raids. We need more playable content. I like sim cards but having those so widely available and now usable in Challenges only reduces the playable content. (btw, don't change sim cards, they are necessary for the current content). Why have we developed all these characters to only use 5 of them in every single challenge, arena, GW, raid, etc.
/rant

Replies

• Options
    agree 100%. I play destiny on ps4 and although all of my characters are maxed out and I own every gun, there is still playable, meaningful reason to get on every day and play for a while. I have getting on this game just to sim for gear/shards. Sometimes I play missions I could sim just to actually play something...
  • Options
    i play final fantasy brave exvius and there's many events and gifts every week-end
    always something new to keep you busy. Ea need to stop being cheap and give something to there loyal players !! and not something to buy or exclusive characters events
  • Options
    Could just give out random Jedi shards, doesn't even have to be a lot.

Mostly I get annoyed seeing "event active" and nothing there...but that stupid training droid event...laughing at me.
  • Options
    We need the ewok, imperial might events back. Also would be nice some other events to test specific synergies, like droids/jawas, nightsisters/jedi...
  • Options
    JoseIrimia wrote: »
    We need the ewok, imperial might events back. Also would be nice some other events to test specific synergies, like droids/jawas, nightsisters/jedi...

**** no.. I have no fckin rebels lol.. This would mean,passing 2 events in a short time.. They should give us a month.. Otherwise its like a double headshot lol.. Sure i had time... But we cant farm 30 heroes a time.. Im not god. They give us so many tasks to work on and just joking 500k a day lol.. If i start on rebels now ill fall behind in upcomming raid .. That sux. Also arena changed .. Etc i cant follow all that **** that fast
  • Options

Bro .. The day comes where u need mob enforcer, jedi knight guardian ,finn,stormtrooper and ns acolyte.. That day, u will be **** hard haha and the reward will be the most op toon in game. . Thats not fair
  • Options

Those seem to be repeatable, just like I'm asking about. Why in the world does it take so long for them to come back. I know it's not as simple as I may make it out to be to develop them with all the special abilities, but they do have some events ready to go at anytime.
  • Options
    But we cant farm 30 heroes a time.. Im not god.
    That's part of the reason why I said generic. We already have enough to work on. I like the thematic events (rebels, Yoda, Emperor), but that's part of the problem. Takes way to long to develop those events and then everyone has to switch gears and farm different characters and get sidetracked.
  • Options
    I think the simplest possible way to do it is to make these events repeatable/refreshable with ally points.
    Even if they give reduced rewards on the second run around, they will still at least give something to the returning players.
    Like a bit of extra cash, even if it's less than the 1st time reward. No shard drops after the 1st time each difficulty tier is beaten. Perhaps replace the character shards with random raid gear and/or mods.
  • Options

Bro .. The day comes where u need mob enforcer, jedi knight guardian ,finn,stormtrooper and ns acolyte.. That day, u will be **** hard haha and the reward will be the most op toon in game. . Thats not fair

Ok, and your point is?
    Because not everybody have all the characters doesn't mean some specific event shouldn't be released. I am not asking for an event with a game-changing reward, but some nice rewards: credits, TDs, shards, or even a new character.
    You are not ready? Ok, next time. Is worth it? 1. "yes! Then I will prepare." 2. "Nah... is not that worth. Let those with those characters have fun, in the mean time I will focus in my own objectives".
  • Options

The point of this idea is to go the other way and not make it necessary to have all the right characters for an event. It would have to be playable by anyone and everyone. I like the way they did Arena, matching you up against players of the same tenure and the harder you work the better the payout. That's PvP. I don't really know if I'm even talking PvP events or PvE events here.
    PvP events would be cool, like an extension of Arena. They wouldn't have to tailor each event, it's just a set and release.

PvE events we already have, started a list:
    • Scoundrel (credits)
    • Grand Master Training (Yoda)
    • Emperor's Demise (Palpatine)
    • Droid event (Android and then iOS)
    • Ewok (Earth Day)
    • Empire: Assaulted
    • Ewoks: Assaulted
    • Military Might (rebels)
    • Champions of the Force (Ayala and Kit)

I like all those, but that's where it's a one and done. Or one and then auto.
    PvP ladder events would be a repeatable event. I think the game is more than ready for such an event.
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/64507/did-everything-in-27-mins#latest

@Drezarazeem69

I'm sure others are having your same frustrations. I know I am.

New characters are great, but adding characters doesn't give us anything to do with them.

• Options
    Dude how bout an event for ur weaker tunes like low ball poker? Maybe a max power cap? So we can use someone from the end of the bench?
  • Options
    Dude how bout an event for ur weaker tunes like low ball poker? Maybe a max power cap? So we can use someone from the end of the bench?
    I use my level 1's in GW sometimes as sacrifices. Does that count?
    That would be nice but I doubt they would develop an event around it. Part of the appeal of the game is using all those characters with gears and abilities that you spent so much time developing. You can always throw those low level characters against low level LS or DS battles, but that would be a waste of energy.
    I want to find a way for us to use our characters. Maybe there would be tiers that it would be worthwhile to use your "end of bench" characters on. Something that could be played over and over earning your way against other players towards leaderboard rewards. It's very engaging in the other mobile games I have played and adds more playable content.
  • Options

**** no.. I have no fckin rebels lol.. This would mean,passing 2 events in a short time.. They should give us a month.. Otherwise its like a double headshot lol.. Sure i had time... But we cant farm 30 heroes a time.. Im not god. They give us so many tasks to work on and just joking 500k a day lol.. If i start on rebels now ill fall behind in upcomming raid .. That sux. Also arena changed .. Etc i cant follow all that **** that fast

could do what I choose to do. I focus on what I want to focus on and leave the rest behind.

the yoda event for example. I hit a road block at tier 5. I don't have 5, 5* Jedi and since I'm specifically concerned about getting yoda I'll get there when I get there.

with this emperor's demise event I didn't have a single rebel when it started. now I'm 22 shards away from having a 5* team to do tier 5. don't think I'll make it but once I get STHan up to 5* I just may go back to farming what I like. I don't care for rebels and once the emperor is mine whether that be 5,6 or 7 star I'll be back to farming who I like and I can take my sweet time to max him out if need.

the arena has changed and except for getting my STHan to 5* and getting sidious shards for the shard shop I'm ready to leave the arena behind. I'm so tired of Rey's one shots.

being a fairly new player anyway I still have light and dark side battles to complete and cantina battles to complete. and with the way the arena has been for me lately I think I'll focus on those and GW. more fun and rewarding.

long story short you don't HAVE to do EVERYTHING the game offers. it's suppose to be fun. do what makes it fun for you.
  • Options

That's a great idea. An event for the unwashed, unloved.