The Galactic Ewok Players Discussion

Prev13
Scorn
411 posts Member
edited August 2016
Calling all Ewok fans! this is the place to talk about anything and everything Ewok!
Whether you run them, want to run them, have feedback to give, or just like them in general, this is the place for you!
I've been running Ewoks for about 6 months, and absolutely love them. I manage to stay top 50 most of the time with my Ewok team.
Teebo (L),Chief Chirpa, Ewok Elder, Ewok Scout and RG for protection.
I would also like to add that we need more Ewoks in this game! Bring on Wicket W. Warrick, Logray, and Paploo!
Let's discuss!!!

Replies

• Options
    Have you tried STH instead of RG? I've been thinking about trying ewoks in arena again, was wondering if STH would feed into their already great tm synergy.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Getting there, scout and chirpa need some more love. Expect me in a while ;)

tmp_6006-screenshot_26usim.png
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    I did a long time ago, before mods. I wasn't happy with him. I mean, he works ok. Gives lots of Tm and removes it from the opposing team, but if QGJ dispell his taunt it's all over.

RG, I find, works much better, because even if his taunt is dispelled, as soon as an Ewok gets blow 50% health, he'll taunt again. This allows Elder and Chirpa a lot of time to heal everyone up. With all the speed modded Reys, QGJs, and Geo Soldiers out there, I feel like RG is absolutely the way to do.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    rawman wrote: »
    Getting there, scout and chirpa need some more love. Expect me in a while ;)

tmp_6006-screenshot_26usim.png

Chirpa is an easy farm. Scout isn't, but with 2 nodes now, he's easier than when I farmed him. You'll have him there in no time. Who do you plan on running as your 5th?

• Options
    That makes sense.

Stealth from Teebo better than damage and tm of chirpa? I'm assuming ignoring counters and frustrating targeting is key.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah just started chirpa some days ago, he will be ready in some weeks I guess. But working on scout since around raids were introduced, he is the real bottleneck although the worst ewok. Kinda ironic in my eyes ^^

My first obvious bet would be RG as 5th, but let's see. No real plans yet.
    I understimated ewoks for a looong while btw until I realized their real power.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Elebrind wrote: »
    That makes sense.

Stealth from Teebo better than damage and tm of chirpa? I'm assuming ignoring counters and frustrating targeting is key.
    Yes. I used to run Chripa, but the health and tm didn't do much to keep my ewoks alive. especially because they are all so weak. Teebo's stealth is key to keeping Elder alive long enough to heal and Revive. Plus, it really comes in handy to prevent enemy toons from focusing down any of yours. The only bad trade off is that Stealth removes taunt from my RG. it's cost me the match a few times, but not so much that I'm wanting to go back to Chirpa lead.
    rawman wrote: »
    Yeah just started chirpa some days ago, he will be ready in some weeks I guess. But working on scout since around raids were introduced, he is the real bottleneck although the worst ewok. Kinda ironic in my eyes ^^

My first obvious bet would be RG as 5th, but let's see. No real plans yet.
    I understimated ewoks for a looong while btw until I realized their real power.

I beg to differ about Scout. He may seem like the worst one, but he's the sole DPS of the group. I've seen mine hit for over 10k crits quite often. Plus his inherent dodge ability is really useful. He gains tm when he dodges, and it's VERY satisfying to watch Rey's Flurry of Blows miss. His biggest drawback is Yoda. There is a but that allows Yoda to take Scout's Dodge chance with Yoda's Masterstroke. I've been posting about it forever in hopes that the Devs fix it. no luck as of yet.
  • Options
    Scout and Chirpa how very low health and deal the most damage, but since ES is a starter character, he is not getting a buff, chirpa is good right now, but could be better
  • Options
    Thanks!

Also, thanks for making this thread. I love ewoks. I'm pretty sure it drives my guild crazy when my answer to everything is ewoks. I used them to clear final 2 stages of LS battles, normal and hard. I use them to do GW every day. I use them to get top in raids consistently. I just don't have the gear, or * for ES, to use them in arena yet.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Nice to hear that farming scout will pay off. Looking forward to getting them maxed, and watch the TM massacre. But as I said this will really take more time, at least for scout :)
  • Options
    By the way, what does an omega on chirpa's tribal unity do? Does it cause all 4 ewoks, including chirpa, and your fifth member to attack?
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Also, thanks for making this thread. I love ewoks. I'm pretty sure it drives my guild crazy when my answer to everything is ewoks. I used them to clear final 2 stages of LS battles, normal and hard. I use them to do GW every day. I use them to get top in raids consistently. I just don't have the gear, or * for ES, to use them in arena yet.

You are not alone there. I drove my guild crazy too. Haha. I've converted a few people in my guild over to the Ewok side of the force already. ;-)
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Scorn is the Ewok lord. I don't know of anyone else that has been doing it longer than him.

2 questions for insight as I will likely start working on Ewoks soon,

1. I noticed you switch from a Chirpa lead to Teebo lead. While I obviously understand the appeal of Teebo lead, what about Chirpa lead wasn't cutting it? I'd like to run him as lead myself but seems it's not advisable.
    2. I also noticed for a time you took Ewok Scout out if the line up, but he's back in. Is that just because you stopped caring as much about Arena rank or something else?

Edit: I see you answered #1 already.
    Edit 2: Even my second question answered to a degree. I should just start reading comments first :)
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    By the way, what does an omega on chirpa's tribal unity do? Does it cause all 4 ewoks, including chirpa, and your fifth member to attack?

It makes Chirpa attack too. Don't omega it. It's the only Ewok ability i don't have omegaed because it would open Chirpa up for counter attacks. You are much better off leaving it at level 7 until we get enough Ewoks to have a full team at least.
  • Options
    Ah, good call
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Scorn is the Ewok lord. I don't know of anyone else that has been doing it longer than him.

2 questions for insight as I will likely start working on Ewoks soon,

1. I noticed you switch from a Chirpa lead to Teebo lead. While I obviously understand the appeal of Teebo lead, what about Chirpa lead wasn't cutting it? I'd like to run him as lead myself but seems it's not advisable.
    2. I also noticed for a time you took Ewok Scout out if the line up, but he's back in. Is that just because you stopped caring as much about Arena rank or something else?

Edit: I see you answered #1 already.
    Edit 2: Even my second question answered to a degree. I should just start reading comments first :)

I took him out, a long time ago, only because he was too squishy at the time. Once i got him to g10, i put him back in and left him in. I've been running all the ewoks for about 2 months now that they ate all max gear. They are really worth it, but you do need to mod them up with health mods for them to really be good. Like i said, Scout, and Chirpa, are just way too squishy without them.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Scorn wrote: »
    You are not alone there. I drove my guild crazy too. Haha.

Tell me about it...says the guy in @Scorn 's guild that now has a maxed Teebo and EE, and currently working on ES. :p
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Scorn wrote: »

It makes Chirpa attack too. Don't omega it. It's the only Ewok ability i don't have omegaed because it would open Chirpa up for counter attacks. You are much better off leaving it at level 7 until we get enough Ewoks to have a full team at least.

Shouldn't Chirpa in this case be considered an assist as well and not open to counters?
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Nope. I've talked to a few people here on the forums about it a while ago, and the ones that have it omega, say he gets countered.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like a bug then. If the description days calls another Ewok to assist and that Ewok is Chirpa it should still be an assist. You guys should fight that one.

Also regarding Wicket, Logray, and Pabloo..... are they all the same to you or you have preferences? What kits would you like to see?

I often do kits on the Empire thread, would love to see what Ewok players come up with.
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    They already have ewok warrior designed. Another good dps would be helpful.

Obviously everyone wants a taunting tank, but I don't think that really fits with flavor of ewoks.

I think an ewok with the ability to randomly assist when another ewok attacks would be great. Teamwork is their asset. Also inflicting ability block would fit in with their flavor.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    What if instead of a taunting Ewok there was an Ewok that has a counter chance whenever he is NOT attacked?
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Obviously everyone wants a taunting tank, but I don't think that really fits with flavor of ewoks.

I think an ewok with the ability to randomly assist when another ewok attacks would be great. Teamwork is their asset. Also inflicting ability block would fit in with their flavor.

I would be on board for that. I've been wanting a taunting ewok for a while, but you are right, it really doesn't fit with the theme. I really like the idea of an assisting ewok. Kinda like how Echo is for clones.

Also, i think it would do good to have an ewok grant tenacity for the team. Like Yoda or Rex. I don't see inflicting debuffs as being good for them either. They are all about buffs. And tenacity is the one thing they truly lack.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Also, we need an aoe. I'm thinking wicket could have one. He could call down a flurry of arrows.

And back to tauntung... IF there were to be an ewok that taunts, then it has to be Paploo. After all, he is the one that some the speeder bike to draw the Scout Troopers away.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    A fun AOE ability would be either a net falls down on enemies and relives turn meter or two logs come swinging in from both ends of the screen and hit everyone and does something....
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Or maybe they could just roll logs through the screen. There's a lot of great potential aoe attacks wroth ewoks. They can even do rocks on them from above too.
  • Options

Ewoks can't inflict negative status effects
  • Options
    Fun thread! I've brewed up Teebo and Elder for my Pit team and they're currently supporting Rex, Echo and Fives in an unlikely alliance. I'm slowly bringing up ES to replace Echo in P2-P4. I have Chirpa quite highly starred from chromium packs but I've never thought to level him as he doesn't really bring anything new to the Pit (I run whale droids in the Arena)

I think Ewok Warrior will be our next Care Bear as either a true DPS, AoE tank or possibly even a taunting tank... if Jawas can get one then there's no reason Ewoks can't.

Wicket, Paploo and the others will probably come later as much harder to gain toons, once Ewoks' profile has been raised a bit more.

Keep Ewokin on sunshine. {",}
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    But the devs have already leaked the picture of Wicket at the same time as R2. So i think he'll be the next one to come out.
  • Options
    That's totally fair. I just think Ewok Warrior is the lazier and therefore more likely addition. I don't mean to sound so cynical but Ewok Warrior is already in the game i.e. we've actually fought against him. He's lower profile and non-famous, so not as desirable for anyone that's not specifically interested in Ewoks. Looking at past Audorium packs, he's exactly the right kind of candidate (GeoSpy was great embedded with other Geonosians, B2 filled the gap droid players needed etc...). I'd love to see Wicket roll his way into the game but I think they need to improve the appeal of an Ewok team before they launch him so they can be sure of a good uptake. At that point he'll be a prime candidate for chromium packs.

We shall see. May the fur be with us. Always... {",}
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.