Not enough LS characters?

Am I the only one that thinks there's an abundance of good dark side characters? Almost all the best dark side characters are farmable. All the 3 droids, Dooku, Sid, Daka, both Geonosians, Kylo, Phasma, FOTP, Veers... The only decent guy that isn't farmable is Maul.

What about light side characters? I'm in the 40's and can't figure out a decent team. Stuck with a bunch of tanks like Chewie, Fives and everyone says to farm Poe and Lumi. One tanker and healer, but who fills the other 5 spots? Everyone good seems to come from Chromium packs.

Replies

• Options
    I bet my money that in the next update we will be getting some awesome new LS characters to even it out.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ltsjustlan l Roster ~ swgoh.gg/p/479461123
  • Options
    Technically Lumi is an attacker. Her and JC hit hard, she has an ability block and they both heal. They both fit in a light side team really well. You probably won't have her for a little bit if you're in your 40's though.

Luke also works well for LS battles and can be farmed in the cantina. He does good damage with a chance to stun. You can get Ahsoka Tano from cantina shipments, but I doubt you'll want to go after her before some other characters.

The Jawa isn't actually half bad, either, at least until you can farm some better guys.

You won't really need a super good LS team until later, anyway. You'll probably want to spend a bunch of time farming gear and in that time you'll get a couple more really good LS characters built up.
  • Options
    garublador wrote: »
    Technically Lumi is an attacker. Her and JC hit hard, she has an ability block and they both heal. They both fit in a light side team really well. You probably won't have her for a little bit if you're in your 40's though.

Luke also works well for LS battles and can be farmed in the cantina. He does good damage with a chance to stun. You can get Ahsoka Tano from cantina shipments, but I doubt you'll want to go after her before some other characters.

The Jawa isn't actually half bad, either, at least until you can farm some better guys.

You won't really need a super good LS team until later, anyway. You'll probably want to spend a bunch of time farming gear and in that time you'll get a couple more really good LS characters built up.

Yeah I do have Jawa and he's not that bad. Is Luke worth it though? I've been using my Cantina energy to farm Geo Soldier. I'm hoping they release a Luke with a lightsaber.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Currently in my LS missions I play 3 healers and slowly kill everything. I agree, there's a shortage of farmable damage dealers for light side as the good ones, like Leía, QGJ, Anakin or Rey aren't easy to farm. There are a few good ones like Luke (but I went for Geo), and then there's the things that LS is better at healing and worse at damage, so the damage dealing options like Resistance Pilot or Biggs are never taken because everybody takes the DS options that conflicto with them (like Sid or the Droids)
  • Options
    alokdown wrote: »
    Yeah I do have Jawa and he's not that bad. Is Luke worth it though? I've been using my Cantina energy to farm Geo Soldier. I'm hoping they release a Luke with a lightsaber.
    He's a lot of bang for the buck. I didn't farm mine past 3 stars (I think that's what he starts at), level 50, he's only 2/3 through gear level V and his abilities are at level 3 (draw a bead might be at 4) and while he won't survive at the end of GW, he can make it most of the way through. It's hard to find the energy to advance the light side battles and cantina battles, but he's in my light side team. I've gotten all the way through level 4 of light (easy and hard) and almost all they way through 5 easy with him. I use him for the Boba Fett and Attackers challenge, too. It's not too bad for how little work I've put into him. If I get stuck on a LS battle I may look into farming him again, but my plan is to have 5's by then to take over Luke's spot.

If you're struggling on the LS part of things he may be worth picking up. If that isn't an issue yet then keep on GS. He's who comes in on my GW team when Luke dies.