Five suggestions for GoH, from [iN] with love

124Next

Replies

• Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    As for the Sid / Phasma thing, a) I did make mention of "you can make an argument for Phasma" which is what the website article did, but I don't really agree with it, and b) even if Phasma is as good/better, having two top leaders isn't suddenly a diverse, wide open meta. It's still pretty bad. QGJ is a pretty poor leader choice and I'd wager a guess that a majority of people that use him, do not regularly visit the forums or reddit and probably have no idea his leader skill doesn't actually function properly on the first round of actions... if they did, they'd likely swap him for someone else.

Let's put it this way... how many characters are in the game that have a leader ability, and how many of them see play in the top 50 of Squad Arena?

Thanks for your reply !
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think the solution is an increase of hp. It's an increase of ARMOR. Increase of HP (or halving damage, which is the same for most purposes) help everybody. I don't see a problem if a glass cannon can kill other glass cannon in onw round. Squishies are and should be threatened to die in a brink.

HOWEVER, there's a problem when tanks Lije Han or Fives, and "heavy armored supoorts" not labeled as tanks, such as Phasma or HK47, go down in a turn. Because if everybody can die in one turn, there's no point bringing those chars who are tankier but hit lower.

With armor it mskes you to choose. Do you want to play glass cannons? Fine, but you risk they die. Do you want yo be alive in turn 2, fine, bit you'll do less damage

Make Armor % based. Squishiest targets removing 10% damage, tankiest ones 50-70%, balanced with their own damage as well if needed. But make armor (and resistance) matter. That has the added benefit of making armor piercing matter too. So you might have some people who do high damage with no armor piercing, that can crush soft targets but struggle more vs tanks (some AOE skills fit well), and other chars could have average damage, but bypass most of the armor, becoming better "antitank" units. For axample a 4000 hit with no armir piercing would do 3600 vs squishies with 10% armor, but 2000 vs 50% armor and 1000 vs the tankiest chars at 75%. While some other unit with a 2500 damage attack, who ignore up to 50% of armor (or whatever) would do 2500 vs squishies, and 2000 vs the most armored tank. He would be worse against soft targets but better against tanks. The numbers are just an example but you get the idea
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Even if he doesn't go first, most teams are toast if they can't stop him from taunting... and most cannot. I'm sure at your level there are solutions.. but he's an F2P character with little or nothing in the way of F2P solutions that I can see...

Sure, but again... I feel like this is more of a problem with the fact DPS can win the game in one first round of actions and less to do with having someone that can do what Poe does as early as he does.
    You have far more experience in high end game as my server is younger, but I disagree here. If the new meta becomes stun as much as you can (say, because Yoda or some new char have sinergy with stuns), then the game will be 4 stunners + poe, and whoever win Poe's coin toss win.
    Damage is the flavor of the month, and seriously out of control and need to be checked. BUT in any other flavor of the month meta, "I do 5 flavored things before you act" is still overpowered. A character should not be able to go first, play a skill, sllow you to play 4 (or more) skills, and win in turn 1 regardless of your oponent own skills. And this can be done in more ways than just damage.

• Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Even if he doesn't go first, most teams are toast if they can't stop him from taunting... and most cannot. I'm sure at your level there are solutions.. but he's an F2P character with little or nothing in the way of F2P solutions that I can see...

Sure, but again... I feel like this is more of a problem with the fact DPS can win the game in one first round of actions and less to do with having someone that can do what Poe does as early as he does.
    You have far more experience in high end game as my server is younger, but I disagree here. If the new meta becomes stun as much as you can (say, because Yoda or some new char have sinergy with stuns), then the game will be 4 stunners + poe, and whoever win Poe's coin toss win.
    Damage is the flavor of the month, and seriously out of control and need to be checked. BUT in any other flavor of the month meta, "I do 5 flavored things before you act" is still overpowered. A character should not be able to go first, play a skill, sllow you to play 4 (or more) skills, and win in turn 1 regardless of your oponent own skills. And this can be done in more ways than just damage.

Possibly, but the problem is the AI will not play a Poe+4 Stunners team correctly. The beauty of a high DPS team with Poe is that the AI can't really mess up high damaging assist attacks if they're one shot killing.