Positive Idea

Ok with the change to GW it has raised many up in arms. I have posted my opinion on it. I did/do not need FC or retreat to beat it. I liked retreat because it made people have more creative teams. I enjoyed testing out my build ideas with it. I only ever did FC when I saw a very cool build and wanted to play it over and over with different builds. This change took a lot of fun out for me. I am not a whale, nor am I F2P I spent about $1,500 on packs and crystals.

So here is my idea: @EA_Jesse if I could get a reply here or private if this is even a possible thing to do in the future I'd appreciate it.

Keycard battles are just not worth it. Wasted table for return. We have several other tables unused.

How about a Training table? Here is what I mean:

A table where we go in and there are builds to match our level/power ect. Of course for the newer folks have the cookie cutters there The Barriss, the Droid, The Phasma, The Sid. Though also have unique variations of those as well as just completely different builds. How about a full empire, full FO, Builds to show the true synergies in action. Then just some off the wall builds that are unique to fight? This should be doable( I am no Dev so I do not assume how easy or hard this is, just suggesting). Pull them from the pool you pull from GW. The Synergy teams create like you do for missions.

Now for the cost part because EA/CG is a business. Let's have this as a gift to players, a show that you want to see heroes of all budgets grow. Have it be a timed unlockable, maybe even on Tiers.

50 Energy/Crystals for say 2 hours unlocked
100 Energy/Crystals for 4
400 crystals for 24 hours unlocked.

This is something that is a good ROI. Gives F2P and even smaller spenders plenty of training against their power to slightly higher and to see different builds. I know me, when I see a build or a toon a bit higher than I have them do something cool I want that and I might refill or refresh extra. It gives people a chance to test before they take the march. EA/CG will get revenue on crystals and such. People will get more gameplay, more excitement, more fun which is just good for business. It can also help lessen frustration and just make the game overall more playable. I know some who only care about PVP rank may come and hate on this, however this offers fun, testing, and more gameplay for ALL players alike.

If this were to go forward I would honestly volunteer my time to EA/CG to suggest/create some builds for this mode of play, if they actually wanted it, which is doubtful, but just making a point. That is how much I think it will help and just add to the game.

Replies

• JohnSalera
    311 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi @DarthMasterShawn -

Thanks for the neat idea. We have been talking about game modes along these lines, but not modeled in this specific way.

I have seen the threads of "We want MOAR to do!!!11!!11!!1!" :)

And while the team's schedule is pretty booked for the upcoming release and even the one after that, the third release from now may allow us to take a look at ideas along these lines.

Again, thanks for the suggestion. It gave me some ideas which I'll discuss with the team.

Thanks!
  • Regeneration
    303 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Awesome.
    This idea is similar to what i've had floating in my head ( Big smile )
  • Options
    Wow, great idea.

We need this!
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi @DarthMasterShawn -

Thanks for the neat idea. We have been talking about game modes along these lines, but not modeled in this specific way.

I have seen the threads of "We want MOAR to do!!!11!!11!!1!" :)

And while the team's schedule is pretty booked for the upcoming release and even the one after that, the third release from now may allow us to take a look at ideas along these lines.

Again, thanks for the suggestion. It gave me some ideas which I'll discuss with the team.

Thanks!

@CG_JohnSalera Would it be possible to get a general idea of the update you are talking about? Is it coming in January, February, etc?
    Post edited by EM650 on
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get a general idea of the update you are talking about? Is it coming in January, February, etc?

I don't want to steal thunder from @EA_Jesse. :)

He's going to be rolling out info on the new release starting next week.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get a general idea of the update you are talking about? Is it coming in January, February, etc?

I don't want to steal thunder from @EA_Jesse. :)

He's going to be rolling out info on the new release starting next week.

Thanks, I will keep an eye out for Jesse's notice next week.