Rex - Fix Please

Please make Rex use his Squad Discipline as his first move when controlled by AI. Tenacity up and turn meter are always worth doing first.

Replies

• Options
    Strange how JE always uses his recalibrate as his first move while Rex doesn't use his squad discipline first...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Unimatrix wrote: »
    Strange how JE always uses his recalibrate as his first move while Rex doesn't use his squad discipline first...

that's because its a cleanser ability.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Unimatrix wrote: »

that's because its a cleanser ability.

Oh.. Never thought of it that way..
    Good point!
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    I think the AI is probably based on general classes instead of being specific for each toon. All dispels for example, even aoe ones like Echo & Asajj, get used as long as there's a single buff on the enemy team. Cleanses like Rex or Ackbar will always get used whenever a toon has a debuff on him/her. The ai might be difficult to fix for individual toons for this reason.

With that in mind, if you have enough speed mods, you might be able to design it so Anakin goes first and exposes himself then Rex uses squad discipline right afterwards. Worth a shot anyways.
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    I think the AI is probably based on general classes instead of being specific for each toon. All dispels for example, even aoe ones like Echo & Asajj, get used as long as there's a single buff on the enemy team. Cleanses like Rex or Ackbar will always get used whenever a toon has a debuff on him/her. The ai might be difficult to fix for individual toons for this reason.

With that in mind, if you have enough speed mods, you might be able to design it so Anakin goes first and exposes himself then Rex uses squad discipline right afterwards. Worth a shot anyways.

Yes, an excellent strategy is to set their speeds to be consecutive. I have faced a good Rex/Anakin team in arena that does this and it prevented me from getting my stuns in when I used to run RG. Made for a tough, drawn out battle.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Long discussion about this in the clone discussion. The consensus is that yes it's a cleans ability. But it's better to not receive the debuff in the first place as well as get the TM going. And the Anakin expose strategy is ok but it's too hit or miss for a squad to revolve around it. My Anakin for instance has 73% crit chance so it's rare he gets exposed and I don't always use him. Rex's tenacity is the only defense us clone users have against EP. And Rex can't purge stun when stunned. No modding Rex for tenacity dosent work @Darth_Jay77 tried it
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    This guy wants to hold in defense in Arena. Really?
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    What does that even mean @Alexone?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    What does that even mean @Alexone?

He wants his Rex led team to hold in defense against Palp teams, meanwhile i am struggling to beat them. I just find it funny is all.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Lol I gotcha I actually drop to a palp team with Rex so it's just a matter of the stuns it seems
  • Options
    @Alexone Clone players have been asking for this change long before EP came along. The change is really because its the best opener for Clones in general because of the TM gain.
  • Options
    And i wondered why i was slipping a lot in the arena with a 218 speed lead Rex. Time to make some squad changes. I wish EA would introduce Arena battle replays so i could clearly see these issues. It would not be that difficult to implement. :-(
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    If you want to fix something on Rex...well, it's not Rex exactly, but still....

My Rex has 96.49% tenacity.

Still gets debuffed more than he resists. Tenacity appears to be worthless. Go fix that. Then Rex gets interesting.
  • Options
    Starbuck wrote: »
    And i wondered why i was slipping a lot in the arena with a 218 speed lead Rex. Time to make some squad changes. I wish EA would introduce Arena battle replays so i could clearly see these issues. It would not be that difficult to implement. :-(

I could see it being a storage issue for them, unless battles are automatically recorded to YouTube or something else. Just because storage is cheap doesn't mean they have tons of it handy.
  • Options
    Up!
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    you might be able to design it so Anakin goes first and exposes himself then Rex uses squad discipline right afterwards.

I'm sorry - I sometimes have the maturity of a 12 year old. I giggled.

Squad discipline = "Hey! Put that thing away!"

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Rex has no reason to use his squad discipline at the start, unless someone has a debuff. And as much as I want SD to be his first move its good that it isn't, this coming from someone who's been using him for months
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Long discussion about this in the clone discussion. The consensus is that yes it's a cleans ability. But it's better to not receive the debuff in the first place as well as get the TM going. And the Anakin expose strategy is ok but it's too hit or miss for a squad to revolve around it. My Anakin for instance has 73% crit chance so it's rare he gets exposed and I don't always use him. Rex's tenacity is the only defense us clone users have against EP. And Rex can't purge stun when stunned. No modding Rex for tenacity dosent work @Darth_Jay77 tried it

Agreeded better to prevent debuffs than remove them.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Rex has no reason to use his squad discipline at the start, unless someone has a debuff. And as much as I want SD to be his first move its good that it isn't, this coming from someone who's been using him for months

As an avid Clone player I can't disagree more. Squad Discipline is more than the Tenacity buff, it gives Clones 60% TM. The Clones are a speed / tempo squad and they need that to get them going or they're fairly neutered. It might not be ideal 100% of the time but it is the right move 99% of the time for sure.

Clone players had been requesting this update long before we even knew that EP was coming out. There's a thread that CG_Kozispoon started on Cody and we started compiling our findings from testing different squads and we determined that one of the issues with the Clones is Rex not using SD first; it's a fairly large consensus from players that regularly use Clone squads and have Rex.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options

As an avid Clone player I can't disagree more. Squad Discipline is more than the Tenacity buff, it gives Clones 60% TM. The Clones are a speed / tempo squad and they need that to get them going or they're fairly neutered. It might not be ideal 100% of the time but it is the right move 99% of the time for sure.

Clone players had been requesting this update long before we even knew that EP was coming out. There's a thread that CG_Kozispoon started on Cody and we started compiling our findings from testing different squads and we determined that one of the issues with the Clones is Rex not using SD first; it's a fairly large consensus from players that regularly use Clone squads and have Rex.

+1 here there really is only a small benafit to him saving it for the extra TM gain from purge. But 60% is enoug to fill most everyone and the extra is often wasted. So much better to not recive the debuff
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

+1 here there really is only a small benafit to him saving it for the extra TM gain from purge. But 60% is enoug to fill most everyone and the extra is often wasted. So much better to not recive the debuff

Exactly right. Not to mention even non-Clone allies get 30% TM from the ability. SD is an incredibly powerful ability and I don't think many people realize just how good it is because it gets overshadowed by the Tenacity buff. Rex using SD first is almost exactly the same as Jawa Engineer using Recalibrate first. How good would the droids be if JE didn't use Recalibrate first on defense??? The answer is, they would be terribad.
  • Options
    I support this.
  • Options
    Yes i definitely agree. I have Rex with 215 speed and i need Squad Discipline first, before oposite SH and Old Ben use ability.
  • Options
    I agree, I use Rex on my Arena squad and I'm top 10 every day but I drop over night. I think I'd do much better if he used SD 1st. He cranks tm on EP, Vader, JKA & QGJ to the point the other team can't debuff me before I do serious damage.
  • Options
    Huge +1
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    Please note that Rex's ability "Squad Discipline" also dispels all negative status effects on all allies, so making this the first ability to be used by Rex when when controlled by AI doesn't make sense, because most of the times the allies don't have any negative status effects to be dispelled.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.