Ewoks need to do more damage

Prev13
Scorn
411 posts Member
I know a lot if people are sick of the nerf and buff threads, but i feel like Ewoks legitimately need to be reworked to do more damage.
I run them as my main squad in arena, and can't compete with other teams very well. Their synergy is great, but it just takes so long to win a match. Usually, by the time i kill the first toon, Rey in most cases, 2 whole minutes have already passed. And if the team has tanks or a dodge lead, forget it! I have to auto matches to complete them. No other team has these kind of problems regularly. I'm getting kinda tired of leaving my victories up to chance. Especially since my ewoks are fully geared and modded. Speaking of mods, i don't think the damage mods would help as much. Since ewoks are so squishy that the absolutely need health mods to even compete.
There's also word going around that Wicket is coming soon. This is great, but unless he does a lot of damage, like GS or any of the IG droids, i fear he will not be enough to help strengthen the Ewoks and make them truly arena worthy.
Does anyone have any thoughts they would like to add on this, whether they be in agreement, or not. All feedback is appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    Arenas or GW is not a good reason to request an upgrade on the ewoks toon.... theoretically ... You are not supposed to faceroll through all 12 tiers of GW with the same squad... It is possible but not the design... As with arena, You will always face a dynamic set of opponents... Ewoks are waaaay too fast the give them more power.... But absorb this concept please.... Arena and GW are like a game of Rock Paper Scissors... You will never beat a rock with scissors... Only with paper... To add to that you can beat a squad of lvl 80 rocks with a squad of lvl 70 paper...Think about it... (Please take this with a grain of salt and do not use the 5% of whales and exceptionally skilled players who max gear/mod the meta toons to own in the game... as an example for your counter argument... Because they exists in all multiplayer games... and always will... You cant beat them unless you are part of that 5%...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'm not quite sure if a straight up offense buff would be a good idea as that can easily get out of hand, however maybe some tweaks to synergy or additional character that ties then together?

Imagine for instance an Ewok that does fairly high damage, but every time you attack him he calls all other ewoks to counter. A bit of a double edge sword.
  • Options
    Hey I'm on your server! I used to hate going against your ewoks lol
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    I suppose i see your point. I used arena as an example because it was the easiest way too highlight my point. However, every match in the game, with equally leveled toons, at least take a long time for ewoks to complete.
    The raid for example. I understand that is easy for most people to solo t7 now. I do regularly worth my ewoks. However, a person with 1 dps toon can solo it within roughly 15 minutes to a half hour. My ewojs take between 45 minutes to an hour to put out the same amount of damage. It draws the game out to be even more of a grind than normal.
    Thanks for your input though @nessionice. I will remember it when looking at making suggestions with balancing my ewoks in the future.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options

Starlord! I remember fighting you just last week. I see your #1 now. Congrats! :-) I'm glad my ewoks can still annoy some people. Is it cause the matches just take so darn long? Lol
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    @DefinitelyStarlord cool to see you here! I was trying to find you a long time ago before guilds were even a thing because we had an thread in the PVP section with a lot of the guys in our shard. Then I remember I met you on reddit.
  • Options
    Scorn wrote: »

Starlord! I remember fighting you just last week. I see your #1 now. Congrats! :-) I'm glad my ewoks can still annoy some people. Is it cause the matches just take so darn long? Lol

Yeah the Palpatine lead is in full force now lmao it was annoying to face your squad cause whoever I focused would go stealth and killing each one took so long
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I want to point out that I don't like the idea that a team is meant for one part of the game and not another. "This team is meant for arena, this team is meant for raids, this team is meant for GW, and they aren't good at anything they aren't meant for."

• Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm not quite sure if a straight up offense buff would be a good idea as that can easily get out of hand, however maybe some tweaks to synergy or additional character that ties then together?

Imagine for instance an Ewok that does fairly high damage, but every time you attack him he calls all other ewoks to counter. A bit of a double edge sword.

You could be right. They just need something that can dish out the damage. I'm very intrigued by a character that can use the whole team to counter with when attacked. They could definitely use something like that.

Also, if Chirpa's Tribal Unity was reworked to not have such steep damage limitations, then we wouldn't need another ewok to do that.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »

You could be right. They just need something that can dish out the damage. I'm very intrigued by a character that can use the whole team to counter with when attacked. They could definitely use something like that.

Also, if Chirpa's Tribal Unity was reworked to not have such steep damage limitations, then we wouldn't need another ewok to do that.

I agree that the damage limitations on Chirpa's Tribal Unity are way too steep.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, especially since Cody does the same thing. He allows his allies (clones that hit hard enough as is) to do more damage, AND gets a cooldown for each critical hit.

Chirpa's is terrible by comparison. Especially considering that ewoks don't hit hard enough to begin with.
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    what should happen when chirpa uses tribal unity....

latest?cb=20140302163813

Hehe ....agree with OP though and above 2 posts
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    While I would love to see the Ewoks hitting harder they are a control team. Designed to get many hits in and/or control TM. Depending on the game mode is who makes the better lead.
    Also mod them up. Sure they are not going to be get 15k crits all the time, but when they are attacking typically on a 2:1 IMO they shouldn't.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Also mod them up. Sure they are not going to be get 15k crits all the time, but when they are attacking typically on a 2:1 IMO they shouldn't.

They should be able to crit for more than 3k though(outside Scout who can reach whopping totals like 6.5k)....

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

They should be able to crit for more than 3k though(outside Scout who can reach whopping totals like 6.5k)....

If yours is only crit for 3k the is something wrong. Elder, the one with the weakest basic has a non crit of ~2897 under chirpa lead it is ~3186. All other Ewoks basic hit harder than 3k non crit.
    Again mod them with crit chance, crit damage, and or offense.

Elder has a high base crit chance give him crit chance mods and with couple good secondary can get his crit chance above 50%, with crit damage triangle he can have 186% crit damage so under chirpa lead EE would be crit hitting, often, for ~6.2k
    Scout has similar high crit chance.
  • Options
    my scout hits for anywhere between 9-11k, granted he's gear 11, 6 star. But he can reach high numbers. The biggest problem with ewoks atm, is the "intended" way that taunt and stealth work. screw keeping the ewoks alive, just run rey............ like everyone else.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    I think you overestimate most players in the game. Not everyone can unlock all mod challenges. And the 1 and 2 dot mods barely affect things. Most Ewok players poured tons of resources into unlocking their ewoks to begin with and therefore, don't have the, scoundrels, FO, and Jawas to unlock the good mods.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Terrato wrote: »
    my scout hits for anywhere between 9-11k, granted he's gear 11, 6 star. But he can reach high numbers. The biggest problem with ewoks atm, is the "intended" way that taunt and stealth work. screw keeping the ewoks alive, just run rey............ like everyone else.

That's another thing i hate. When someone has a problem in this game, everyone's answer is "just do what everyone else does. "

I respect your opinion, but no. I run ewoks to be different from the meta. I'm not going be a sheep.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    "Like everyone else"

Where's the fun in that?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I think you overestimate most players in the game. Not everyone can unlock all mod challenges. And the 1 and 2 dot mods barely affect things. Most Ewok players poured tons of resources into unlocking their ewoks to begin with and therefore, don't have the, scoundrels, FO, and Jawas to unlock the good mods.

I am not underestimating any one.

I spent the long run unlocking scout and Elder.

Every player should be working towards a scoundrel team, will it take time sure but why pass up a weekly 1M credits. Credits are to valuable.

Guess what that scoundrel team can be used for crit chance mods and the new and upcoming TD event, if reddit is to be believed.
  • Options
    Stone weapons defeated the empire. Buff primitive technology!
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    JbizzyG wrote: »

Lol
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    JbizzyG wrote: »

You're right! That's what we really should be focusing on here. Lol
  • Options
    Jawas as an arena team are soooooo weak and completely useless. I have Ewoks and Jawas. Ewoks have great synergy where Jawas have issues.

Seems like Jawas will get a buff for raid which is nice.

Both teams could use help for arena.
  • Options
    Guild mate runs ewoks. He plays with focus on a single target, when that target falls, he autos after that. And he says even with auto,the battle would end with a minute left. He can NOT not use auto attack, otherwise time meter runs out.
    I am missing chipra or whatever. So I have no exp in this. But I do have jawas,and they DO suck.
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • Options
    I agree. I have been playing around running ewoks in GW and the battles are fun but they take forever to complete. They would be a great squad with some harder hitters.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah they need something more to make them viable in arena for sure... I'm not sure what the answer is when they already have such solid leader options.

Offense up from an ewok with some even more insane TM boost ability would really make them fun
  • Options
    Personally I would like a speed buff and not a damage buff. I use them in last nodes of GW and every single time the opponent gets to have a full turn with each character without me getting an attack. But maybe with the right mods that should solve it for me. Haven't been looking for speed mods yet
  • Options
    IvoB1987 wrote: »
    Personally I would like a speed buff and not a damage buff. I use them in last nodes of GW and every single time the opponent gets to have a full turn with each character without me getting an attack. But maybe with the right mods that should solve it for me. Haven't been looking for speed mods yet

TM from each GW node carries over into the next. So, for example if you put them into node 11 and it's your first attempt at node 11, the match starts out like it's an arena match since their both fighting that node for the first time and no TM carried over. However, if you attacked node 11 with another team and lost and then inserted your ewoks, the other team will get a full turn in (unless their horribly slow) because their TM carried over from when they wrecked your first team.

One way to get around this is to play node 1 with your ewoks. This way, when you insert them into node 11 or 12 their TM will have carried over from node 1 and the other team won't get their full turn in before you
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Completely agree with OP, I also was running a full ewok squad, all gear 10 and omega'd, max mods and they can't compete in arena. The argument that they shouldn't have higher damage because they are so fast is massively debatable when you take droids into consideration, they have the best of both worlds.

Also, a gear 11 scout? Mine is maxed at 10 so not sure how that works!