Random Thought - Ways to add Palpatine Counters?

Mynd
233 posts Member
First off, I personally think Palpatine is fine, a second tier hero at best. That said, a lot of people in my guild and other places think he is crazy.

To the point, I think a few tweaks to Yoda would make Yoda an amazing Palp counter, or at least balance things out when fighting Palp leads. Yoda's lead should apply to everyone and perhaps have a special bonus just for Jedi to keep it in line with how much more interesting newer hero leader abilities are getting.

You get Yoda in a similar fashion to Palp, and I'd love to see Yoda find a spot as a higher tier hero. Seems like a brilliant idea to me.

Replies

• Options
    I fully support this.
  • Options
    I said this in another post already... Was told Yoda had his backside handed to him by EP ....

I agree Yoda should be EPs natural counter toon
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    KingPin wrote: »
    I said this in another post already... Was told Yoda had his backside handed to him by EP ....

I was told the same and I just don't see it. Yoda on paper does seem to "balance" a little like palp, but palp is way more effective making empire good then yoda is at making jedi good.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Since defense seems so important to many. Have Yoda use BM first
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    Options
    KingPin wrote: »

I agree that current Yoda doesn't hold a candle to Palpatine, but I'm glad we agree that Yoda should. Be pretty awesome if they tweaked Yoda a bit.
  • Options
    Maybe the release of Jedi Luke, with the ability to unshock allies and gain hp for everyone cleansed, and a unique where he gains turn meter and/or offense when anyone gets stunned
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    yoda_early_years.jpg

Maybe they need to release young Yoda?

• Options
    Droid teams are already affective against Palpatine teams
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »

Good lord, no. Not even close. The new "standard" droid team (JE+Nebit+the 3 big guns) are one of the easiest teams on my shard to beat with a Palp lead. But you droid people keep thinking this. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Good lord, no. Not even close. The new "standard" droid team (JE+Nebit+the 3 big guns) are one of the easiest teams on my shard to beat with a Palp lead. But you droid people keep thinking this. lol

I find them easy to beat too but since they get like 7 turns before me, I can see them just blowing up my Palpatine if they have good rng on offense.
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »

I find them easy to beat too but since they get like 7 turns before me, I can see them just blowing up my Palpatine if they have good rng on offense.

Sure. But every team wins on offense.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options

You must have crappy droid lead teams on your server. The ones on mine set themselves up to AoE twice before you have a turn
  • Options
    U ever heard about a 230 Speed Han? The Droids are very easy to beat with Ackbar-Lead and Anakin's AoE
  • Options

You must have **** droid lead teams on your server. The ones on mine set themselves up to AoE twice before you have a turn

Ooohwee. What are you using then? 5 darth mauls with 0 speed added? Seriously...
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options

You must have **** droid lead teams on your server. The ones on mine set themselves up to AoE twice before you have a turn

Ooohwee. What are you using then? 5 darth mauls with 0 speed added? Seriously...

Lol I swear that sounds cowboy style :joy:
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Lol. The ones on my shard are fully maxed (7*, max gear, all 5* level 15 mods - mostly health with speed primaries) - about 40k power...about the same as my Palp team.

Perhaps the better question is, what kind of slow team do YOU run. ;)

Sorry to burst anyone's droid delirium, but they ain't all that.

• Options

Lol. The ones on my shard are fully maxed (7*, max gear, all 5* level 15 mods - mostly health with speed primaries) - about 40k power...about the same as my Palp team.

Perhaps the better question is, what kind of slow team do YOU run. ;)

Sorry to burst anyone's droid delirium, but they ain't all that.

Lol I rank top 5. Got Palps, ST Han, RG, Rey, and Lando maxed out, fully modded.

Just because you see droid teams that are modded does not mean they are modded right. The droid teams I face have their speeds balanced acorrdingly to create a well timed chain between the 3 heavy hitters, Nebit's taunt, and a second round of heavy hits

But if you think you know better, please enlighten me