Is it too late to farm Jawas

I was farming ewoks but I got a suggestion that I should switch to Jawas.

I only have Jawa which is at 3* since I didn't farm him. Should I start farming them? Who should I start with?

Replies

• Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Is never too late to switch your team or build. The only thing you hope is you won't regret farming Ewoks. Ewoks are a lot of fun and have helped me in many situations.

For Jawa you should farm all 5 for the mod challenges, and are situational. Besides that there is no official reason to farm Jawas yet. Jawa Engineer works great with droids and scavenger (bomb detonation) Chief Nebit is an awesome tank for Javas and droids. Java has a strong basic and slow. Dacha has synergy against droids.

Jawas have a good synergy but Ewoks synergy is better. Both are situational but Ewoks are more useful at this time.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I see things a bit differently. Ewoks are great currently with TMR. If you're looking for raid effectiveness, Ewoks peak at the Rancor raid. The upcoming raid resists TMR at 50%. So, it could be argued that it's "too late" to be farming the Ewoks now.

The next raid SEEMS to be centered around attacking droids. Based on this, Jawas are a natural assumption to counter since they have anti-droid synergy. However, no one knows for certain that they will be great in the new raid. While they have anti-droid synergy, they really seem to work best WITH droids. Go figure....

Ultimately, I see the game pushing us to have a squad of every faction available. The mod challenges certainly require it, and the Yoda and Palp events fall in line with that as well. So I'd say if you are close, or you really want Ewoks because you like them, then continue with the Ewoks. If you want to prepare for the next raid, I'd stop Ewoks and focus on Jawas. And finally, if you don't really WANT Jawas, then farm the characters you do want. If you chase the "meta", you will never catch it. Best to develop toons you like, and hope that they eventually become part of the meta.
  • Options
    Coming from somebody who has avoided the Jawa Train entirely, I'm actually about to start farming Nebit, Scavenger, Jawa, and the Engineer. Mostly for the Crit Damage Challenge, but also to use a couple of them against the new raid. I've actually just finished getting Ima Gun-Di to 100/100 shards as he is obviously a natural choice to farm for the new raid as he does INSANE damage to droids. I'm hoping that Eeth Koth gets a small rework to increase his effectiveness against droids or slightly increase his base damage. He doesn't really do enough base damage with either ability to warrant putting him into your lineup for JUST the debuffs that he inflicts against droids. You're better off using other characters that inflict the same debuffs that also do more damage. Unless Eeth Koth gets an improvement (much needed IMO) I think using Dathcha and Jawa (both have AoE Stuns against Droids), IGD, and a couple other good Utility characters/DPS would be the start of a good raid squad for the new raid.

That said, if you can afford to shift gears (I actually abandoned Ewok Elder last month to start on IGD/Dengar from Guild Store) to Jawas, the Crit Damage Mods alone are good reason to farm them. The Raid utility will be icing on the cake. Nebit/JE/Scavenger work best WITH droids while Jawa and Dathcha are good AGAINST droids. So prioritize appropriately. You can EASILY 3* the T3 Crit Dmg challenge with a 5-6* Nebit leader and the rest of your Jawas at 5-6*. I had NO problem getting 3 stars on it (alt account where I've only really got Droids/Jawas) with 7* G10 Nebit, 7* G9 JE, 7* G9 Jawa, 5* G9 Scavenger all 80, and 5* 70 G8 Dathcha. I don't even think I came close to losing a single Jawa.
  • Options
    It's never late. The point is that we do not know how the new raid will be ... are just speculations. Equip, leveling and promote five new heroes is expensive and take a long time. If you have no other strategic hero need for your arena team or GW, go for it.
  • Options
    I can only echo the above. I have farmed all the ewoks and all the jawas now and only the ewoks have been useful so far. Teebo is awesome for raid, but I'd say ewok Elder is a must. Is just useful everywhere!
  • Options
    I can only echo the above. I have farmed all the ewoks and all the jawas now and only the ewoks have been useful so far. Teebo is awesome for raid, but I'd say ewok Elder is a must. Is just useful everywhere!

It is just that. All the farm in this game should be studied and thought about his purposes. You will not get back.
  • Options
    Jawas are great against droids but if you need help against droids I would suggest eeth koth because he hits droids hard. Ewoks are great especially the elder who can revive fallen teammates and the other ewoks are good for there respective things. I would suggest farming ewoks then Jawas
  • Options
    Jawas are really fun, you won't regret!
    Do or do not...