Darth Maul Best Mods

I have been grinding Darth Maul through shipments and was wondering what are the best Mods for him? I am thinking health because he is so squishy but I am also wondering if speed would be best because he is slow.

Replies

• KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I would say Speed arrow primary and as much speed secondary as you can get. As for the type I'd say crit damage and/or health for the set bonuses
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Speed & Protection
  • Options
    LRMoser wrote: »
    I have been grinding Darth Maul through shipments and was wondering what are the best Mods for him? I am thinking health because he is so squishy but I am also wondering if speed would be best because he is slow.

He is low health therefore health mods would not increase it that much since they are % based. He is only 94 base speed so that needs some serious attention.
  • Lkw
    125 posts Member
    Options
    He needs some of everything it's why he's so terrible. A slow character is still slow after putting on speed mods you know because fast characters get speed mods too
  • Options
    Lkw wrote: »
    He needs some of everything it's why he's so terrible. A slow character is still slow after putting on speed mods you know because fast characters get speed mods too

Ooohwee. That's why a lot of ppl use tm manipulation toons now too. Can't make him fast enough? Make sth lightning fast so he can taunt and give everyone tm!

Side note - I love fighting sth teams. Fac and Palps make him useless.
  • Options
    Speed and damage, protection couldn't hurt either. Pairing him with a tm booster like Rex couldn't hurt.
  • Options
    I paired mine with Palp lead for health gain. Then put 4 speed mods and 2 health mods to get max set. Got him to 170 speed and decent health
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Maul is awesome against Jedi. Unfortunately, Jedi are garbage in this game.....

My first thought is health mods with a priority on speed secondaries. The only other option I could think of would be crit chance/damage. If Maul gets on a killing spree, he keeps going. Maul and AoE characters tend to work well because of this.
  • Options
    I'm using Speed, Crit Dmg, Prot and Health.

My team:

https://youtu.be/IUAth6qE7M0
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »

My first thought is health mods with a priority on speed secondaries. The only other option I could think of would be crit chance/damage. If Maul gets on a killing spree, he keeps going. Maul and AoE characters tend to work well because of this.

I disagree. I run jedi primarily and hold top 20. Rarely do I get knocked below top 30, and it's easy as pie to climb back.
  • Options

Anakin, Aayla and QGJ are garbage man? Are you really playing SWGOH?
  • Options
    SpySinger wrote: »

Anakin, Aayla and QGJ are garbage man? Are you really playing SWGOH?

Testify!!
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin just recently got buffed, and wasn't used much before that. Aayla recently became farmable. QGJ is awesome. My comment was more referring to the fact that you don't see/hear people running Jedi as any part of the "meta". I never run into a Jedi arena team. The most common places I see Jedi are on a few missions and occassionally as part of a team in GW. Garbage was probably too strong of a term, and more a reflection of my disappointment that they are fairly average in this game.

Yes, it's possible to build a solid Jedi team. Not as likely to build a solid Maul.
  • Options

My team:

this was super cool, glad to see maul getting some kills!

good english also!
  • Options

this was super cool, glad to see maul getting some kills!

good english also![/quote]

Thx man :)
  • Options

My team:

Great video. I have had Darth Maul for a long time since he is one of my favorites. I used a health arrow wI think 30 speed on it and then had a health cross with 26 speed as a secondary. Lastly I had a health triangle with 36% crit dmg and I've had DM hit for 34k in arena against Jedi. What I found though was when I left him in for defense I would drop in rankings. I don't think the AI knows how to play him properly.
  • Dakk
    44 posts Member
    Options
    Lkw wrote: »

Maul works best not going first. He's fantastic at mopping up the wounded and that's where he's most effective. Each piece in this game has it's invidual qualities and it's place in the game, but clueless people seem to think it's all about every character being the fastest.
  • Options
    zoooombayyyyyyy threaaad needs braaiiins....and more cowbelllllllll.....
    bout copy to hurt the same, but different rankings, lead to copy reward income decrease, I want to ask, what is the ranking mechanism under? It's not fair! Hope the official modification!
  • Options

Yeah of course Jedi are garbage. That's why the most used are Barriss, JKA, GK, I could go on. Maul is a great counter for Jedi. But that doesn't mean all Jedi are garbage. If you think they're garbage cause your Jedi team sucks; work on it
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Iron_Zilla wrote: »

Yeah of course Jedi are garbage. That's why the most used are Barriss, JKA, GK, I could go on. Maul is a great counter for Jedi. But that doesn't mean all Jedi are garbage. If you think they're garbage cause your Jedi team sucks; work on it

Bud, look at the date of those posts, they're literally from August.
  • Options
    At this point I'm thinking some speed, some offense up, and/or crit. But its probably best to farm the **** out of the mods until you get one or two where the main stat is speed. I find his working blades and its daze effect is essential in defeating Fives, and especially Dooku in a Darth Nihilus led group. If Dooku is allowed to counter with that much health steal, he's almost unbeatable. And I forget who posted it, but yes, he's one of the least AI friendly characters in the game. But I like running him because putting effort into building him up, helps my arena squad and fleet arena squad.