ST Han Shocked Still Giving TM

Prev1
So I am in arena today and I shock Han with Emp Palp so he can't do his taunt, but he taunts anyway (which is hilarious). So after attempting to taunt he still remains shocked and does not get the taunt symbol above his head. But I noticed he was still granting turn meter to old Ben when I would hit ST Han. Anyone else notice this?

At this point in the battle they only had ST Han and old Ben left.

Replies

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Yes I noticed it too. It still works teamwide but not for Han himself.
  • Options
    Sthan will keep giving TM to their teamates unless the allies are shock. The shock on Sthan wont let him gain anything but will still gives TM to those toons that aren't shock.
  • Options
    No reason he shouldnt. The shock stops the application of positive status effects and turn meter gain by STH. The ability carries with it more than just the "taunt" status application, and those things continue to work.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No reason he shouldnt. The shock stops the application of positive status effects and turn meter gain by STH. The ability carries with it more than just the "taunt" status application, and those things continue to work.

Yeah its still a little buggy because if you remove his taunt with a debuff he doesn't give TM, so why does he still give TM of he's not allowed to initiate taunt due to buff blocking? Shouldn't the buff block not allow the TM granting effect?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Same when dispelled by b2.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    djvita wrote: »
    Same when dispelled by b2.

From what I've seen, if you dispell it he stops granting TM. But if you pre debuff him he will still grant TM
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    This is Hans ability.
    It's working as intended
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    His ability does not say he needs to be taunting to grant the TM. It just says that the ability will taunt, and grant TM when damaged.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    His ability does not say he needs to be taunting to grant the TM. It just says that the ability will taunt, and grant TM when damaged.

no but if the taunt is dispelled, the ability to give tm is also dispelled with it. so if hes shocked blocking the taunt, the tm up should also be blocked if it is working correctly.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Bones wrote: »

no but if the taunt is dispelled, the ability to give tm is also dispelled with it. so if hes shocked blocking the taunt, the tm up should also be blocked if it is working correctly.

Why? The ability is not a "buff", so there is nothing to block. It's like a passive for 3 turns. And anyone that is shocked will not gain TM that way, so not sure why we would actually expect STH to stop granting it.
  • Options

The TM gain is tied directly to the taunt. Dispelling or simply having it expire therefore ends the TM gain. Granted the description does not state that exactly but I don't think anyone would reasonably expect the TM gain to be indefinite. Like many other abilities, Draw Fire could use more precise language, such as "Han Taunts for 3 turns, and all other allies gain 30% Turn Meter. In addition, all other allies gain 20% Turn Meter when Han is damaged while taunting." The current discussion I think may bring my suggestion into question, but at least it isn't ambiguous.
  • Options
    Obs0lete wrote: »

The TM gain is tied directly to the taunt. Dispelling or simply having it expire therefore ends the TM gain. Granted the description does not state that exactly but I don't think anyone would reasonably expect the TM gain to be indefinite. Like many other abilities, Draw Fire could use more precise language, such as "Han Taunts for 3 turns, and all other allies gain 30% Turn Meter. In addition, all other allies gain 20% Turn Meter when Han is damaged while taunting." The current discussion I think may bring my suggestion into question, but at least it isn't ambiguous.

The alternative might just state "In addition, for three turns, all other allies gain 20% Turn Meter when Han is damaged."
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options

Why? The ability is not a "buff", so there is nothing to block. It's like a passive for 3 turns. And anyone that is shocked will not gain TM that way, so not sure why we would actually expect STH to stop granting it.

i understand what shock does and that the tm part is not a buff, but if thats the case, outside of using shock the ability shouldn't stop giving tm just because the taunt can be dispelled. so if it is working as intended when the shock is applied, then it is not working when the taunt is dispelled.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Obs0lete wrote: »

While I agree that it is read that the TM gain is tied to the taunt, it does not actually say that. It simply says that he grants TM. If they add to the description as you suggest, then I would agree that this is an issue. As it stands, it behaves exactly as described, and until stated otherwise, we must assume WAI.
  • Options

i understand what shock does and that the tm part is not a buff, but if thats the case, outside of using shock the ability shouldn't stop giving tm just because the taunt can be dispelled. so if it is working as intended when the shock is applied, then it is not working when the taunt is dispelled.

This
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Saying it is not a "buff" when it can be debuffed isn't necessarily true. But I guess I can buy that, it make sense.
  • Options
    Juancho787 wrote: »
    Sthan will keep giving TM to their teamates unless the allies are shock. The shock on Sthan wont let him gain anything but will still gives TM to those toons that aren't shock.
    This! And it's not a bug!
  • Options
    Wait til you realize that if your own ST Han taunt is active and your own Emp uses his Let the Hate Flow Heal Skill then it gives you TM because the system sees the 5% reduction to Han as damage...

That is awesome sauce
    942-122-371
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Shock disables the ability to gain buffs.
    QGJ can dispel positive status effects.
    If 'buff' is a sub—class of 'positive status effect', taunt is a buff and the TM granted by ST Han is a positive status effect, but not a buff, then it all works fine.

Edit: The only thing that might be a problem is that the text for ST Han's taunt ability doesn't state for how long he grants TM. Has any one tested, wether the TM gain continues indefinately? The text doesn't say, that it ever expires.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    The tm gain for the team stops when the taunt is dispelled. When sthan is shocked, however, the team can still gain tm. Those are contradicting each other. So one of them is not working right in my opinion.

If the team can still gain tm after sthan is shocked, then they should also gain turn meter after a dispel (for 3 turns, already in the wording), but If his ability is already working as intended, and the tm gain stops after a dispel, then the tm gain should also never happen if he cant taunt in the first place. The ability says "in addition" to the taunt. If the taunt is prevented in the first place, there can be no "in addition" to.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    When I use NS Initiate's buff block, then he taunts, same thing happens. I don't know if this is a bug or not. But we need more Emp counters, so I say leave it as is.
  • Options
    I just think it's funny that given how utterly OP EP currently is that this is being discussed. I get it but... you have to admit it's funny
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    This discussion again?? this was discussed with immunity buff, never an answer from the developers. IMO they are tied together and this is a bug, if not why does it stop as soon as taunt is dispelled.
    Maybe @CG_Kozispoon could provide am answer.
  • Options
    I'm confused, is the issue he still gives TM when hit, or as he taunted, cause as he taunted, the TM gain is seperate from the taunt.
  • Options
    I'm confused, is the issue he still gives TM when hit, or as he taunted, cause as he taunted, the TM gain is seperate from the taunt.

Originally I thought ST Han could only grant TM while taunting. So I would shock him with Emp Palp before he would taunt. But I noticed he was still granting TM even though the shock blocked his taunt. But after reading the comments, wondering if it's WAI or a bug.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    This discussion again?? this was discussed with immunity buff, never an answer from the developers. IMO they are tied together and this is a bug, if not why does it stop as soon as taunt is dispelled.
    Maybe @CG_Kozispoon could provide am answer.

If the tm gain is seperate from the taunt, then the ability is not working right, because when the taunt is dispelled, the tm gain is gone with it. This is my whole point. One or the other is wrong. Either (1) the tm gain should stay after the taunt is dispelled or (2) when he is shocked and uses the taunt, then the tm gain shouldnt be there.

• djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Stop this nonsense. If STH is shocked, he is prevented from taunting and should not be able to provide TM to his team. Just like when Teebo or QGJ debuffs him, the ability stops. Otherwise how can you tell when the TM provide has ended.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    djlott wrote: »
    Stop this nonsense. If STH is shocked, he is prevented from taunting and should not be able to provide TM to his team. Just like when Teebo or QGJ debuffs him, the ability stops. Otherwise how can you tell when the TM provide has ended.

Just because the dispelling dispelling taunt stops him from giving TM doesn't mean it's right, that's just what we're used to and that could in fact be the one that's bugged.

This was noticed long ago with B2 but I guess most people didn't notice until EP was made widely available.
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    Options
    He gets 2 "buffs", if you dispell he loses both of them, if you shock he loses just the "taunt".
    I think it's WAI for once
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ing256 wrote: »
    He gets 2 "buffs", if you dispell he loses both of them, if you shock he loses just the "taunt".
    I think it's WAI for once

If you're considering it a buff then it can't be wai since shock gives buff immunity