faster je but goes 2nd

Prev1
Barry
127 posts Member
I run droids with a faster je than a guy on my server but his goes first how can this happen? We both run droids with je & nebit all my toons r faster than his but he goes first the only difference is that his je is 7* & mine is 6* is this the reason? If so y

Replies

• Options
    I've noticed a ton of inconsistencys between speed. Like my magnaguard went before my 88 who has more speed when je did his thing.
  • Options
    Do you run a non droid/Jawa on your team?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    How much faster? There is no real explanation of how speed works and is calculated. When 2 toons hit the full TM bar at the same time it's RNG who goes first.... and we all know who the RNG favors in most cases.

This may not explain what is happening to you but I did have a similar situation and I would go first sometimes when I know his JE was faster. It was only by 3-5 until I passed him.
  • Options
    I read a while back about how speed works in this game and it is very confusing. Essentially s lot of turns happen before any too Actually moves. Like say 10 turns. After ten turns if you and your opponent both have a toon that crosses the threshold of having a move it is a toss up and RNG decides. I read like 5 full pages on it and sorry I can't explain it better but if you only have like 5 or 6 speed difference on really fast toons then chances are they reach the magic move threshold together and its a toss up. Same thing happens to me all the time with my faster pslpatine.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    If your jes are within a few speed of each other it's possible both reaching the tm bar at same time where a rng roll says who goes first sounds like this is what's happening . Your just losing the rng roll unlucky.
  • scuba
    14059 posts Member
    Options
    Is your JE unique that gives speed bonus maxed?
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    This is not the first time I here these complaints and I think that Jesse or John or whoever can should adress it soon. Whats the point in modding up if even if your faster RNG will say no I want it to be his turn! You Mod and upgrade for a reason and this is a little bumer for those who spend alot on thos speed mods
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Faster JE will always go first, even if by one point. Yes, do check your JE's unique. He will get +10 speed for each living droid or jawa ally (including himself) when it is maxed.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    I've noticed a ton of inconsistencys between speed. Like my magnaguard went before my 88 who has more speed when je did his thing.
    If Je Recalibrate fills both of their TM, it is total RNG which toon acts first.

I have seen weird stuff happen in the first round of GW. But not in arena.
  • Options
    I just had a similar yet different speed issue with my rebels team. Leia goes first at 204 speed, 2nd shot of the fight is lando at 159 speed. Mean while STH is 180 speed, luke 173 speed and ackbar 160 speed. Why did lando go second?

These where the first 2 actions of a fight, I didn't target STH or have any other sort of tm manipulation going on. Leia target QGJ and triple tapped, then it was landos turn.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Speed is not broken. It is clearly player error. My JE speed is 1 higher than the next fastest JE on my shard. I always go first. You're missing something and with such little information, i.e., no actual numbers or skill levels, I am unable to help you.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Jabba wrote: »
    If your jes are within a few speed of each other it's possible both reaching the tm bar at same time where a rng roll says who goes first sounds like this is what's happening . Your just losing the rng roll unlucky.

This is wrong. The fastest JE will go first. The only waya tie comes into place is when artificial TM gain occurs ie phasma's victory march, je's recalibrate or both je's have the exact same speed. Otherwise, the greatest speed toon will always move first.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    What I meant is after recalibrate the faster jes droids won't always go first . I've seen enemy je recalibrate then mine straight after and my droids win the rng roll go before his .
  • Options
    Faster toon always goes first. Period.

Are you calculating speed correctly? What were the teams?
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    What I meant is after recalibrate the faster jes droids won't always go first . I've seen enemy je recalibrate then mine straight after and my droids win the rng roll go before his .

What you saw is a situation where the enemy JE is not filling his droids turn meter completely. This means there is a gap between his JE and droids that your JE can slide into. Then, when your JE goes, he is filling your droids turn meter, allowing them to go before enemy droids.

I regularly exploit this against some teams on my leaderboard. If you try to control your droids turn order, you will have gaps.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

This is possible. It depends on your opponent's je's speed. The speed of your opponent's droids. The speed of your JE and the speed of your droids.

As you describe, to me, it appears your opponent's droids aren't quite hitting 100% TM fill. It may appear so because the TM gauge isn't very detailed. So, for example, you and your opponent's JE are close in speed, but your opponent is slightly faster. He uses recalibrate. None of his droids hit 100% TM so the gauges begin to fill again. Your JE wins the full race. You get to recalibrate. Now your droids do hit 100% and win the turn.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    CptCaveman wrote: »

What you saw is a situation where the enemy JE is not filling his droids turn meter completely. This means there is a gap between his JE and droids that your JE can slide into. Then, when your JE goes, he is filling your droids turn meter, allowing them to go before enemy droids.

I regularly exploit this against some teams on my leaderboard. If you try to control your droids turn order, you will have gaps.

Yup. It's what he said.
  • Options
    I read a while back about how speed works in this game and it is very confusing. Essentially s lot of turns happen before any too Actually moves. Like say 10 turns. After ten turns if you and your opponent both have a toon that crosses the threshold of having a move it is a toss up and RNG decides. I read like 5 full pages on it and sorry I can't explain it better but if you only have like 5 or 6 speed difference on really fast toons then chances are they reach the magic move threshold together and its a toss up. Same thing happens to me all the time with my faster pslpatine.

This is incorrect. Speed used to work this way, but not since the Poe nerf/speed change update back in February. If you are using the old TI speed guide, it is no longer correct. On first action, the toon with highest speed will always go first. Period.

Check this link if you want to know how speed works:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58474/a-cavemans-guide-to-speed-mechanics#latest
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    This is not the first time I here these complaints and I think that Jesse or John or whoever can should adress it soon. Whats the point in modding up if even if your faster RNG will say no I want it to be his turn! You Mod and upgrade for a reason and this is a little bumer for those who spend alot on thos speed mods

The only thing that needs to be addressed is people's lack of understanding of how speed works.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing that needs to be addressed is people's lack of understanding of how speed works.
    In fairness, it's not like they make it easy to understand. The community is reliant on knowledgeable people working it out for them.
  • Options
    Ugluk wrote: »
    In fairness, it's not like they make it easy to understand. The community is reliant on knowledgeable people working it out for them.

Very true. That's why I try to educate people when I see these type of threads. Unfortunately, most of the time the original poster doesn't give enough info, or can't provide any type of proof of what they claim is happening is really happening.
  • Barry
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Ok so we both run hk 88 86 je nebit as I said all my droids r faster than his and my je is faster by 2
  • Options
    Can you post a pic of your JE speed, his JE speed, and a pic of first turn?
  • Options
    What CptCaveman said. If you can post picks of your teams and unique abilities and the first turn and it shows what you say it does then it needs to be reported in bugs section.

Two droid teams have just appeared in my shard and they both have faster JEs than me so I avoid them like the plague as they always go first and destroy my team before I move.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Barry wrote: »
    Ok so we both run hk 88 86 je nebit as I said all my droids r faster than his and my je is faster by 2

Didn't read correctly. Anyway strange, I'm sure you made some minor mistake or your opponent just switched his mods around just before you battled him.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Barry
    127 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Lol taxman I'm one of the ones on your server :) btw I can't post screenshot as I play on my phone
  • Taxman
    75 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Haha. I was cursing you yesterday when you and the other droid team had arena slots 1 and 2 taken up and I knew I couldn't beat you! Settled for 3 in the end

PS if you have an iPhone you can take a screenshot by clicking the home button and lock button at the same time. No idea how you would do it on an android but would be surprised if you couldn't take a screenshot
  • Barry
    127 posts Member
    Options
    If u want 2nd today I'll take 3rd :)
  • Options
    Haha no worries. You take the place if you can while I go speed mod hunting!
  • Barry
    127 posts Member
    Options
    I just bumped my je too 220 so hopefully that solves the problem