A suggestion to improve PVP

I'm guessing the programming would be prohibitive, but I think a way to greatly improve PVP, a way that would actually still involve strategy for it to help you win, would be user defined ai settings.

The programming would be hard but the concept is simple. A screen where you could set preferences on how your teams behavior on defense under ai. You could set preferences for things like kill order and use of specials. Those two settings alone would be huge imo.

Of course given that the ai can't focus fire or avoid healing the immune, I'm thinking this isn't a likely change, but it would add a huge dimension to arenas

Thoughts?

Replies

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Yendor wrote: »
    I'm guessing the programming would be prohibitive, but I think a way to greatly improve PVP, a way that would actually still involve strategy for it to help you win, would be user defined ai settings.

The programming would be hard but the concept is simple. A screen where you could set preferences on how your teams behavior on defense under ai. You could set preferences for things like kill order and use of specials. Those two settings alone would be huge imo.

Of course given that the ai can't focus fire or avoid healing the immune, I'm thinking this isn't a likely change, but it would add a huge dimension to arenas

Thoughts?

Love it. It could just give you some tweak options to your own teams ai. This would be SO MUCH FUN. But keep these tweaked ai toons off of GW. ;)
  • Options
    That would be a good idea and would actually make the whole "defending your rank" actually be viable.

As it is, I am thinking that unless someone has a hardcore super duper top of the line team and nobody around them does either, there is no point in hoping your team will defend the rank. I beat teams that then beat me which I then beat again and it's just swapping places with each other because the AI is mediocre, save for the magic proc rate increase at times but that is easy to deal with. I think I have only lost 1 fight (was yesterday) over the last 1.5 weeks and that was because I didn't know Darth maul could do that much damage so I didn't target him right away. Despite that, I'm right now ranked around the same as I was 1.5 weeks ago.

The mode is clearly focused on getting people to battle as many times as possible and use crystals (if they care about their rank) rather than being set up in a way to actually take defense/rank holding into account....which is fine since hey, they need to try and get people to fight more than 5 free times a day.