Credits in the Arena Store changes (8/30/2016)

RonEmpire
221 posts Member
edited August 2016
While, I appreciate the option to buy credits now in the arena store.

It would be better if the credits purchase options were broken down into smaller amounts.

Currently, you can buy 600k for 1200 arena tokens. and 1M for 2000 arena tokens.

Why not break it down to 400arena tokens for 200k credits.

Or better yet, even smaller chunks. like 200arena tokens for 100k credits.

The reason for this is that the Achievement for the Purchase Arena shipment becomes LONGER to achieve if you spend more arena tokens in a big chunk. The smaller the chunks the faster/easier it is to complete the shipment achievement.

At the very least, go down to 400 token costs so that you don't have to decide on between buying shards versus credits.

OR the other suggestion is redesign the achievement to be "spend" X amount of arena tokens. Rather than "purchase X number of times".

This way it doesn't matter how you spend the tokens, the achievement is still the same at the end of the day. Normalizing the achievement to the token spent rather than the number of times you make purchases.

Replies

• LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    baby steps bro

tho I get your point, being able to acquire credits this way is good.

And I rarely say this, but the value is not so bad!
  • Options
    baby steps bro

The math at the end of the day is still the same. Arena Points for Credits however you slice and dice it.

Just smaller chunks is more favorable since it benefits you in the achievement progress.

And probably those who are short of the large token requirements can at least still buy small chunks.
  • Options
    /facepalm

there's no pleasing everyone, is there
  • Options
    RonEmpire wrote: »
    baby steps bro

The math at the end of the day is still the same. Arena Points for Credits however you slice and dice it.

Just smaller chunks is more favorable since it benefits you in the achievement progress.

And probably those who are short of the large token requirements can at least still buy small chunks.

Like I said, I understand what you're saying, but at least this is a step forward to resolving a credit crunch
  • Options
    Drastik wrote: »
    /facepalm

A breaking bad reference by Mike: "Half Measures"

If you're going to do something, do it all the way.
  • Options
    This is a late game spenditure. It's meant for people spending millions of credits on 7s toons and omega abilities and 5dot mods, who have probably maxed most of the toons in arena that they care to, and would be glad to drop 2k tokens for 1mil.
  • RonEmpire
    221 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This is a late game spenditure. It's meant for people spending millions of credits on 7s toons and omega abilities and 5dot mods, who have probably maxed most of the toons in arena that they care to, and would be glad to drop 2k tokens for 1mil.

Yes, I realize who it is meant for. But that doesn't mean those late players don't care to finish their achievement.

"Smuggler's Run" Purchase 1000 arena shipments.

If you do the math even if a player gets 900 arena tokens (#1 slot) and +200 arena per day.

The time to complete the 1000 arena shipment achievement is LONG.

Assuming somebody is half way there right now. needing 500 more shipment purchases and earning 1,100 per day that's 6months.

If you spend tokens on credits, well your completion time for achievement now has tripled. Which means 18months!

And that is the #1 arena player consistently winning every day.

An average player earning about 800 arena tokens a day total is going to take longer probably about 2 years. Starting from 500/1000.

• Options

Ooohwee. Exactly. I'm pretty much done farming arena shipments. I had 10k arena tokens, which will all become credits soon.
  • Options
    This game is not a sprint it's a marathon. If you want credits just save tokens for a few days, the results will be the same. It also lets you prioritize what you are going to spend those credits on, with 200k I would waste them on Ugnaut but with a million I would actually plan. IDK maybe that's just me.
  • Options
    This game is not a sprint it's a marathon. If you want credits just save tokens for a few days, the results will be the same. It also lets you prioritize what you are going to spend those credits on, with 200k I would waste them on Ugnaut but with a million I would actually plan. IDK maybe that's just me.

You aren't understanding what I'm saying.

It's about the achievement. The amount is the same how ever you slice and dice. The Smuggler's run is based on "purchase" count. Not purchase amounts.

400tokens x 3 = 1200 tokens. That is 3 counters moving on the smuggler's run achievement.

1200 tokens = 1 counter moving.

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I think you have a valid argument. But others would complain that they wouldn't want to pay to refresh or to wait 5 hours to purchase for the same amount of credits. Additionally, getting 200k at a time would not feel rewarding enough. 1 million at a shot is enough to promote 7*. To Max 2 x 5* mods. And gain levels for a toon. 200k won't do much to make a player happy.

If a player is trying to get the smuggler's achievement, shard purchases become the better option. Now that there is a choice, make the correct one.

• Options
    What does the achievement matter? It won't make or break you. Even with the achievement in mind my comment stands.
  • Options

You aren't understanding what I'm saying.

It's about the achievement. The amount is the same how ever you slice and dice. The Smuggler's run is based on "purchase" count. Not purchase amounts.

400tokens x 3 = 1200 tokens. That is 3 counters moving on the smuggler's run achievement.

1200 tokens = 1 counter moving.

Ooohwee. I get what you are saying now. A 400 token credit payout would be nice in that case. The 200 token payout would devalue the work put in achievement-wise.
  • Options
    What does the achievement matter? It won't make or break you. Even with the achievement in mind my comment stands.

depends on how soon you want your 10 Vadar shards.

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    No. If it were smaller chunks you wouldn't be able to get as many credits without crystals. I like it, but don't care about the achievement, which is way too long for such a small reward anyway.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    No. If it were smaller chunks you wouldn't be able to get as many credits without crystals. I like it, but don't care about the achievement, which is way too long for such a small reward anyway.

I'm not saying take away the large chunk offers. I'm saying offer additional choices.

Those who don't want to wait for refreshes to get their credits can buy it in a big chunk.

• Options
    Ok, if that's your priority then I get it. Of course you could get good RNG in shard shop and pull 6 Vadar shards on any given day. I'm also running Vadar in arena at 6* and getting 1 or 2 at payout everyday but I get your point.
  • Options
    Ok, if that's your priority then I get it. Of course you could get good RNG in shard shop and pull 6 Vadar shards on any given day. I'm also running Vadar in arena at 6* and getting 1 or 2 at payout everyday but I get your point.

I haven't gotten a lot of 2 shard vadar in a while. I've had a day where I got 6. and then go on a dry spell for a month or two.

I've gotten lucky twice where a GW node paid out 1 vadar shard. It's happened only twice so far.

Getting that 10 vadar shard from achievement would really help a lot.

• Options
    Drastik wrote: »
    /facepalm

Indeed.
    829-416-931
  • Options
    Hans_Olo72 wrote: »
    I read your post and honestly I don't understand it at all. I think the OP of this thread and I have a different priority but I get his point of view. To me using credits to advance the toons I want to is tangible and no different then just obtaining the predefined toons available in arena I have no interest in.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Personally think this was a great addition..
  • Options
    Yeah, I see no issues with this, as someone who's farmed everyone he wants from Arena Shipments for now, being able to earn credits is awesome.
  • Options
    Yes, I realize who it is meant for. But that doesn't mean those late players don't care to finish their achievement.

"Smuggler's Run" Purchase 1000 arena shipments.

If you do the math even if a player gets 900 arena tokens (#1 slot) and +200 arena per day. {snip}

"The Math"
    • 1100 Arena per day = 33000 / month
    • Therefore : 33000 / 400 = 82.5 purchases of shards per month

If you are chasing the achievement, grind Grievous!
    • 82.5 x 5 = 412.5 excess shards per month
    • 412.5 x 15 = 6187.5 shard shop currency / month
    • Or, approx 30 Grievous Shards and 83 ticks towards the achievement

If you want the $$$
    • 33000 / 2000 = 16.5
    • Or, approx 17 million credits and 17 ticks towards the achievement

TL;DR

1000 Arena shipments achievement takes a year even if you #1 arena every day and just buy shards..