Too many new char in cantina!!!

Xenith
267 posts Member
Whats going on with that ussually u split them up evenly i was hopping b2 was going to be either cantina shipment or gw shipment !..

Its wierd and theirs something there

Replies

• Options
    Nice adds imo but bc i have already all gw toons at 7* i was hoping that they would add something in there(shards,gear,credits) whatever bc nothing to farm for. Arena got credit shipments and cantina 3 more farms?? One can always hope!
  • Options
    Xenith wrote: »
    Whats going on with that ussually u split them up evenly i was hopping b2 was going to be either cantina shipment or gw shipment !..

Its wierd and theirs something there

I kinda get your point, but I'm just happy they are farmable, they added the credits to squad arena and maybe the Rogue One character will ended up gw shipments there's your full circle. Personally I think it's another great update :)
  • Options
    I also think there should be more toons in GW not good ones persay but double the numeber of toons in PVP, and with the new GW dificulty this would not be an issue...
  • Options
    At least they are farmable.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Wait, do I hear whining because they added too much free chars in cantina? xD
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    Its a deliberate bottleneck. You can farm a number of great meta characters or you can farm mods. Many people will start paying for that extra refresh which is seemingly more affordable. Noticed they changed the refresh costs of cantina energy recently?

Very smart monetisation at play here. Game has probably reached a critical mass where 10000 players are willing to spend $2 a pop frequently vs 10 whales spending $200 per few weeks.
  • Options
    My guess is they threw a bone to P2W folks by creating a farming logjam. Stacking them all in cantina helps ensure it will take a good long time for one person to max both Wedge and B2, for instance.
  • Options
    The others are right and it's just a bottleneck. Now you gotta choose between farming Ani, Lando, Fisto, B2, Wedge, and mods. It's either going to take you forever to farm those characters or your going have to start dropping cash to do it. Can't have em al
  • Options
    The others are right and it's just a bottleneck. Now you gotta choose between farming Ani, Lando, Fisto, B2, Wedge, and mods. It's either going to take you forever to farm those characters or your going have to start dropping cash to do it. Can't have em al

True dat, i'm lucky to already have lando&ani and fisto can wait so i think i'll farm wedge then b2 and after that back to mods since there's no point farming them anyway trough challenges, at least 4 me since i've gotten 0 useful mods so far from challenges and a couple good ones from shipments. And i believe that the new toon will be in gw shipments after a month like magma back in the day. ;) And i know not many have been here since nov/dec so they got still farms left there unlike me but can't change them for shards if they add credits in gw shipments like they did in arena and i'm not gonna risk that.
  • Options
    Fisto, B2, Wedge.... WHAAAA GOING CRAZY.... I can't make up my mind !!!
  • Options
    It would have been very nice if any of the three characters were added to Cantina. It is a nice surprise that new characters are added, especially B2. But add some of them to GW also. There are no toons in GW that I do not have.
  • Options
    Agreed
  • Robhar3187
    104 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It's nice to have all these former P2P characters released, but one of them should have probably gone into GW, even if it was Kit Fisto
  • Options
    rawman wrote: »

• Options
    rawman wrote: »

• Options
    They are not going to release new, sought after toons in GW as so many people have stacks of currency... They want the cantina refresh....

Wedge (assuming a 30% drop rate, and requiring 290 shards if you have the login rewards only) is 11600 Cantina energy
    • (290 / 0.3) x 12

So you really have 5 scenarios:

"Passive Wedge"
    • Natural and midday refresh spent on Wedge, no crystal refresh.
    • 11600 / (24 x 5 + 45) = 70 Days to Wedge...
    • Cost - Free!

"Half Wedge"
    • Natural and midday refresh on mods and 2 x 100 crystal refresh on Wedge.
    • 11600 / 240 = 48 Days to Wedge...
    • Cost - 5600 Crystals - but you get mods too!

"Thin End of the Wedge"
    • Natural and midday refresh and 2 x 100 crystal refresh on Wedge.
    • 11600 / (24 x 5 + 45 + 240) = 28 Days to Wedge...
    • Cost - 5600 Crystals - but no mods for you!

"Full Wedge"
    • Natural and midday refresh, and 2 x 100 + 2 x 200 crystal refresh on Wedge.
    • 11600 / ((24 x 5) + 45 + 480) = 18 days to Wedge....
    • Cost - 10800 Crystals

"Uberwedge"
    • Natural and midday refresh, and 2 x 100 + 2 x 200 + 2 x 400 crystal refresh on Wedge.
    • 11600 / ((24 x 5) + 45 + 720) = 13 days to Wedge....
    • Cost - 18200 Crystals

Compare this to adding a toon to GW,

(290 / 5) x 50 = 2900 crystals to refresh the store and have Wedge in 10 mins or less....

TL;DR

10 weeks solid grind for full F2P wedge, or 2 weeks if you drop £80 or so...

• Options
    Someone is always complaining smh. They gave 3 freaking toons for us to farm. Freaking 3 and you still gotta complain about something huh? Why are you even playing this game?
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    "We want more free stuff in the game!"
    Devs put in 3 free chars in Cantina
    "Holy ****! Are you **** kidding me? That's too much free stuff! **** devs!"

This forum in a nutshell xD