Galactic war retreat backfired immensely.

Ok so Lets be serious. I Repeated a battle against a squad in galactic war about 15 times today. And I have a few issues.
Issue #1. The same sequence of attacks happen if you retreat. First thing that happened every single repeat. My Dooku stuns enemy sidious. Enemy Dooku stuns my sidious. Enemy sidious dodges my luminaras force attack. Enemy Daka stuns my luminaras and Jedi consular. I mean come on that is a serious bug issue.
Issue #2. This new style of retreat forcing the battle to restart has actually made it a lot easier to repeat the battle until you don't lose a character.

The old way was flawed but a lot better than this. You could cheat your team out of poggles offense buff and and healing immunity on your characters. But you definitely couldn't watch 4 of your characters die and then retreat and switch targets and end up 3 starring the mission. It just doesn't add up. This new style of galactic war is both a blessing and a mistake.

Replies

• Options
    Ok so Lets be serious. I Repeated a battle against a squad in galactic war about 15 times today. And I have a few issues.
    Issue #1. The same sequence of attacks happen if you retreat. First thing that happened every single repeat. My Dooku stuns enemy sidious. Enemy Dooku stuns my sidious. Enemy sidious dodges my luminaras force attack. Enemy Daka stuns my luminaras and Jedi consular. I mean come on that is a serious bug issue.
    Issue #2. This new style of retreat forcing the battle to restart has actually made it a lot easier to repeat the battle until you don't lose a character.

The old way was flawed but a lot better than this. You could cheat your team out of poggles offense buff and and healing immunity on your characters. But you definitely couldn't watch 4 of your characters die and then retreat and switch targets and end up 3 starring the mission. It just doesn't add up. This new style of galactic war is both a blessing and a mistake.

I like it. I retreated 30 times until my Dooku stunned and saved jc.
  • Options
    When you restart, you need to put different combinations of your toons. No need to switch with different toons but only the order of them..and when you attack them again, try different patterns to change the whole situation to get different results..
  • Options
    That was sort of my point. GW is far too easy. And it's still fun but I can see it Getting too easy and I'm worried it'll get boring.
  • Options
    When you restart, you need to put different combinations of your toons. No need to switch with different toons but only the order of them..and when you attack them again, try different patterns to change the whole situation to get different results..

Yeah I figured that out. My point is that it's too easy. I should've explicitly stated that obviously
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    They could make GW a Progress element instead of End Game, like:

GW Easy - 600 shards - old retreat
    GW Medium - 800 shards - new restart
    GW Hard - 1200 shards - no retreat nor restart

For most, restart is harder. Microtactics don't work. You need to waste your chars strategically. Today, I had to use Poe for the first time ever. He is 4 stars and Enemy 6 and 7. I had all healers weakened and most in cooldown. Bring in Poe. He died, but expose, turn meter, plus the healings (that my healers needed anyway...made him last enough that I was 100% and have killed a char. After that healers protected each other and refreshed all cool downs and health. And the last heal from Daka brought Poe back.

If I kept trying for RNG instead of using what I had available - 25% -40% healers all over, I could still be trying and crying.
  • Options
    If this was old gw poe would've died and you would've subbed in a worse toon. Or worse case scenario 2 characters die before you can retreat. Now they're dead. New way. Your team gets mopped and as long as one character remains you get instant full heal and every character back. It's far too easy. Put more effort into your attack choices because the opponents potency based skills will always have the same results unless you choose a new attack route.
  • Options
    And I like the galactic war difficulty choices. I also think if they made a galactic war equivalent like endless battle. Take * characters until you run out and increase rewards based on victories I would be massively excited.
  • Options
    If this was old gw poe would've died and you would've subbed in a worse toon. Or worse case scenario 2 characters die before you can retreat. Now they're dead. New way. Your team gets mopped and as long as one character remains you get instant full heal and every character back. It's far too easy. Put more effort into your attack choices because the opponents potency based skills will always have the same results unless you choose a new attack route.

If this was old way, those healers would be 80% or more with no cooldown. The reason I had 4 healers w/cooldown is because I can't rotate, take iut, bring in and basically dance them around whenever enemy has taken a turn. So I had
  • Options
    There is a huge thread already made for this.
  • Options
    I hope it gets merged.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Dunno, I'm still beating it. There's less fun for me, but it's not harder.
  • Options
    I'm level 46 but facing level 59 characters in the 9th battle, why is this?
  • Options
    I'm level 46 but facing level 59 characters in the 9th battle, why is this?

RNG.

You got paired with someone of higher Arena Power. Don't worry about his level. What is his PoWER????
  • Options
    And now ladies and gentleman.. Lev 65vs lev 70..
    Screenshot_2016_01_25_10_07_58_1.jpg
    ok, i've sent meat cannon to eat poggle buff.. but this doen't help at all.. :D
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ilyanor wrote: »

This is normal, back before the update when i was in my early to mid 50's, I had to face level 60 teams. We had an extremely easy GW before, the level 40's, 50's today didnt have the luxury we had, why should we get even more special treatment?
  • Options
    Gw did not get easier. Because with the old gw you had the retreat and the force close (todays retreat). So you had more options in the old gw. Its harder for the lower levels when they meet certain teams they cant beat without losing heroes (for example poe with a few glass cannons, kylo and sid applying heal immunity)
    In the old gw you could quickly kill a hero and retreat, sub in the healers and reset all your cooldowns. And if things went bad the first turn, you simply force close and replay it.
  • Options
    How do I see their power for GW?

• Options

Haha, good luck.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    Dude seriously? How does the average person find retreating 30 times to get the right rng cool, fun, or better? I get tired after 4 or 5 tries and will either send in suicide squad or eat the loss. GW would be so much better if they would take the old system and change the buff/debuff cheat. It would require way more strategy and have huge consequences if one of your big boys got whacked.
  • Options

Welcome to the top tier of the game. I'm sure you have a team of 6-7* starred characters to deal with this team. If you don't, your build is more suited for Arena.
  • Options
    That was sort of my point. GW is far too easy. And it's still fun but I can see it Getting too easy and I'm worried it'll get boring.

When you get higher level it gets much more difficult to complete every time.
  • Options
    murton09 wrote: »

Agree. Full 6-7* gear 7-8 every match from node 7. It's like playing arena over and over again with the same toons.
  • Options

<Hasn't completed one. Level 64. You should be happy its "easy"
  • Options
    ccfoo wrote: »
    murton09 wrote: »

Agree. Full 6-7* gear 7-8 every match from node 7. It's like playing arena over and over again with the same toons.
    THIS. I'm 64 and from 7 on I am garunteed to see at least 1 7*. Usually 3. Rarely under 6. Enjoy it while it lasts because GW punishes you for leveling
  • Options

^^Exactly^^

The new retreat makes GW just as easy as before, and maybe even easier. But then again, before you had two options, lol. You could force close and get this retreat or you could use the old retreat and whittle your opponent down.
  • Options

Go heavy healer. Use Bariss. If you don't have Bariss, farm Bariss. Even if you get a whale team, a heavy heal team can get by with a few retreats. You'll find an attack sequence that works eventually.
  • Options
    TheVinegru wrote: »

Go heavy healer. Use Bariss. If you don't have Bariss, farm Bariss. Even if you get a whale team, a heavy heal team can get by with a few retreats. You'll find an attack sequence that works eventually.

I have:
    7* Sid
    6* Kylo
    6* JC
    5* Lumi on the way to 6
    5* Phasma
    6* HK
    5* Dooku
    4* Vader

Thats my highest
  • Options
    As you get closer to cap it gets better. I've faced some tough battles and sometimes have to include a sacrifice per round to have AI 1st target the weak link.
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

Welcome to the top tier of the game. I'm sure you have a team of 6-7* starred characters to deal with this team. If you don't, your build is more suited for Arena.

I'm a lev 65 usually in top 20(when i have time top 10) and i have a 9 full level chars at6-7*, and . But this match-up wrecks my team, i can win but with a lot of casualties.. And then i can't complete my wars.. Yesterday for example i managed to win that battle but i lost the 11th even if my opponent was 65lev as me.. And today guess who i've found in the same spot??? Megion again!!! This time with Poggle at 70 too..
    Screenshot_2016_01_26_09_38_34_1.jpg
    Ok, i'm not supposed to win the wars everyday, but pleas fix the match up with increasing difficulty, don't put me vs a lev 70 in the middle of the way..
    And please Megion.. Stop playing this game ;)