What's the counter for complete clone teams? Too OP

Prev1
What's the counter besides removing our critical damag mods?

I think it's time to change Rex leader skill. We're supposed to be getting better with good mods but they just hurt us because clones are broken

Replies

• Options
    What?

I personally have a hard time with clones but the best one in my shard has a hard time staying in top 10 and the next best has a hard time staying in the top 20.

Not sure what is OP if they can't stay in top 5 especially considering how much $$$ it takes to max a clone team.
  • Options
    Clones have a good meta, try Anakinlead against them.
  • Options
    Why are clones broken ?
  • Options
    What's the composition? It's also about your strategy. To be honest, full clones and rebel teams aren't a big problem for me. Droids are more OP. You just have to prioritize who to kill first.

What's your team?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    another one @markusfive haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    markusfive wrote: »

I think it's time to change Rex leader skill. We're supposed to be getting better with good mods but they just hurt us because clones are broken

Ooohwee. B2 aoe dispel. Palp stun. Now you get 2 free turns.
  • Options
    There's a lot of things that are becoming broken about this game (*cough* Palpatine *cough*) but I don't consider clones to be one of them. I consider them more of a direct counter for droid teams than a super OP squad designed to beat everybody
  • Options
    I run a Clone team and in the past few weeks have been dropping from top 5 to 30's each morning. I don't think people are having trouble with my clone team at all. They are great on Offense for me but they have been getting killed on defense.

B2 is tough for me as he can dispel Rex's Tenacity up easily.

I'm mixing in a few other characters now and it seems to be holding better at night.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    With the wrong team you can lose but with the right one full clones are easy. We in the clone players discussion are avidly trying to get them beefed up so they're actually viable in high end arena
  • Options
    This markusfives is posting a different topic about a different OP toon every day.
    Instead of tiring us with your nerf requests and all the teams you can't beat, perhaps place the team you are playing yourself and ask devs to buff those.

I'm getting really tired of these topics created by markusfives. I know I don't have to read it but this is just plain silly.

Ill just leave this here again:

5.88% primary health bonus for 5* mods is way too low and needs to be buffed
    Akbar leader too OP with speed mods
    Chewbacca needs auto taunt like RG
    Anakin is too OP to have so much health
    Emperor Palpatine OP

Now something tells me you are at least using chewbacca..
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    There's a lot of things that are becoming broken about this game (*cough* Palpatine *cough*) but I don't consider clones to be one of them. I consider them more of a direct counter for droid teams than a super OP squad designed to beat everybody

Broken? Every skill is working as intended. As per description. Which skill according to you is broken?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Seriously clones are not OP at all. They are a might on offence but on defence they couldn't hold top 10 if the galaxy was at stake. Rex's AI is not working to the best of the team and Cody is too squishy unless he is lead. With the right setup clones are not a problem to defeat.
  • Options
    KeKattia wrote: »
    Seriously clones are not OP at all. They are a might on offence but on defence they couldn't hold top 10 if the galaxy was at stake. Rex's AI is not working to the best of the team and Cody is too squishy unless he is lead. With the right setup clones are not a problem to defeat.

How to defeat them with a team that has a lot of critical hits then? They just get turn meter after turn meter and go and go and go.

If your team isn't modded for a lot of criticals it soon will be once you get good mods then you'll see.
  • Options

How to defeat them with a team that has a lot of critical hits then? They just get turn meter after turn meter and go and go and go.

If your team isn't modded for a lot of criticals it soon will be once you get good mods then you'll see.

Ooohwee. Palp shock = no tm gain for them but excessive tm gain for him. He can easily shock all 5 and refresh with his skill.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I wish this was true, but clones are not OP at the moment. EP, Wiggs, Anakin, these characters are the ones which are performing best at the moment. My clones are hardly used for anything these days.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    DELETED (double post).
  • Options
    don't forget them droids
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    don't forget them droids

Ooohwee. Droids are terrible vs clones. I'm assuming that's what you meant, right? Rex lead allows them to interrupt the initial onslaught as well as Rex cleansing which lowers 88's damage output.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    This markusfives is posting a different topic about a different OP toon every day.
    Instead of tiring us with your nerf requests and all the teams you can't beat, perhaps place the team you are playing yourself and ask devs to buff those.

I'm getting really tired of these topics created by markusfives. I know I don't have to read it but this is just plain silly.

Ill just leave this here again:

5.88% primary health bonus for 5* mods is way too low and needs to be buffed
    Akbar leader too OP with speed mods
    Chewbacca needs auto taunt like RG
    Anakin is too OP to have so much health
    Emperor Palpatine OP

Now something tells me you are at least using chewbacca..

Chewie lead CUP Mob Enforcer Ugnaught and Gamorrean Guard most likely
  • Options

Ooohwee. Palp shock = no tm gain for them but excessive tm gain for him. He can easily shock all 5 and refresh with his skill.

Only with really good RNG. I've seen it happen with AI but when I use palpatin he usually only shocks one or two
  • Options

Only with really good RNG. I've seen it happen with AI but when I use palpatin he usually only shocks one or two

Ooohwee. Gotta get that potency + speed. Mine is sitting at 94% potency and +79 speed for now.
  • Options

Ooohwee. Gotta get that potency + speed. Mine is sitting at 94% potency and +79 speed for now.

Mine is 75 which is much higher than most enemy tenacity so 94 should be overkill. His speed is 180 something
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Don't use aoe against them. That's all. Even if you run droids just use basic attacks only.

If you don't run droids just avoid using lando or other toons that rely on crit.

• Options

Mine is 75 which is much higher than most enemy tenacity so 94 should be overkill. His speed is 180 something

Ooohwee. The way I run him on offense, I rarely use stun. Land shock on 1. Tm gain through phasma or rex, second shock. Let the hate flow, then shock the final 3 (if all 5 are still standing). Hate flow again and keep shocking. Stun is my last resort move but it never comes to that with his constant hp drain everytime he goes.
  • Options
    This can't be a troll can it? I have all 5 Clones, max stars, max gear, good mods and they get destroyed on defense; I go to bed in the top-5 and will wake-up in the 20's if not 30's overnight. Basically, I never play all 5 Clones anymore unless I'm just looking to have some fun. There are a few squads that I can't beat on offense even.

I think it's funny that people think Rex is broken but Jedi Engineer is okay when they do essentially the same thing for their respective squads, speed them up. The difference being Rex has a Tenacity buff and JE has a rez. Note that I'm not saying JE is broken, I think both are perfectly balanced. Against your old school single tank Phasma or no-tank Phasma teams, yes Clones will probably run you over. But with the different AOE, Dual Tank, etc newer teams, they really don't stand a chance in many cases. If Rex gets stunned on EP's opener the Clones will likely die because their health is horrible, except 5's of course.

If you can stun Rex on the opener that helps. Other than that, Sarge is the primary damage dealer and Echo is a nuisance as well. If Cody is not the leader at best he may have 28K health with Mods so he should be easy to take out as well.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Asic wrote: »
    Don't use aoe against them. That's all. Even if you run droids just use basic attacks only.

If you don't run droids just avoid using lando or other toons that rely on crit.

I don't have droids but i suspected as much. Yes, this seems to be the key when fighting Rex teams.

And to the OP: you are calling OP on a lot of things lol. That means the game is pretty balanced. Well with the exception of Wiggs and speed. See...i am a nerf caller too but i don't go around blaming everything. :)
  • Options
    Lol clones are farm from OP. Like Jay said, I have all clones maxed and modded and they drop like flies on defense. There are also some well put together teams that clones can't beat on offense.

Clones need a buff
  • Options

A full clone team is one of the weakest teams you'll face on defense. Take out echo first, then Cody, then Sargent then Rex then fives, in that order.
  • Options
    Congrats on yet another wonderful s***post.
  • Options

I have all clones maxed and modded and I don't run them in arena because they'd drop me down to 20 or 30 because they are horrible on defence.

I face a couple of Rex leads but not full clone teams in arena and they do gain TM since I have both Solo and Aayla who both crit a lot and need the crit chace for full potential, still I don't run around complaining Rex lead is OP because I build a team that can beat them despite me giving them TM unreasonably often.