Kit Fisto or Mace Windu for Jedi team?

I am at level 74 and have Lumi, QGJ, JC and Ahsoka as Jedi at 5* or better. Next Yoda event I'd like to get the T5 done to activate Yoda. Farming a toon to 5* from scratch is possible in Cantina (with refreshes), so I'd like to ask for opinions which Cantina-node-available Jedi is best for me: The options are Barriss, Old Ben, Mace Windu, Plo Koon and now Kit Fisto. I know the first four pretty well from fightng them in Arena and the most frightening toon for me is Mace Windu, I don't see Kit Fisto enough because he was p2p until now. Since the long view probably is the 7* Yoda, I am most likely talking about a toon I have to max so it's a somewhat important decision.

The toon should be useful in GW and raid (and Yoda event but is the toon selection really important here?), and I tend to farm Kit Fisto now since his potency up AOE sounds good to help Teebo land his TM reduction. Still, I don't know all these Jedi well enough, so I'd like your opinions who probably is best?

Replies

• KyleKatarn
    473 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My personal opinions on these Jedi :

Barriss - She used to be great; at your level and with your team, I think she would do you proud. Still quite useless at end-game though, as healers are for all intents and purposes, pretty useless.
    Old Ben - Still viable in the Arena for his leader ability and ability block. A very strong choice. I still use him in GW.
    Mace Windu - Nothing is particularly redeeming about him, although he has decent damage for a Jedi.
    Plo Koon - I think with a clone team, he may shine, but right now he's a very niche character and unless you plan on trying out a Clone setup, he may not be of much use.
    Kit Fisto - As it is, he's like all Jedi - tons of HP but low damage. His Potency Up is good if you have trouble on that score, but I would rather another character and use mods to increase potency. Using him in a raid isn't advisable due to his low damage. Raid teams are generally, I think, 2 or 3 TM reducers, a cleanser and a heavy hitter. Kit Fisto is none of these.

You mentioned Cantina toons, I'd suggest that Aayla Secura is a much better bet than those above (Node 5-B) and another decent Jedi, Ima-Gun Di (7-E so perhaps out of reach for the moment).

• Options
    I beat all yoda tiers with ahsoka (l), QGJ, luminara, JC, and kit. The tm gain on evades helps your Jedi keep speed with yoda and kits bonus attacks are fantastic for clearing foresight. As a bonus his AOE potency up is great vs rancor.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I'd rather Fisto over Mace - as long as you have QGJ to dispel positive enemy effects.

Mace is too slow yet Fisto has a good AOE and can counter.

However I agree with @KyleKatarn - Aayla and Gun-Di are way better for a Jedi team.
  • Options
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    Kit Fisto - As it is, he's like all Jedi - tons of HP but low damage. His Potency Up is good if you have trouble on that score, but I would rather another character and use mods to increase potency. Using him in a raid isn't advisable due to his low damage. Raid teams are generally, I think, 2 or 3 TM reducers, a cleanser and a heavy hitter. Kit Fisto is none of these.

You mentioned Cantina toons, I'd suggest that Aayla Secura is a much better bet than those above (Node 5-B) and another decent Jedi, Ima-Gun Di (7-E so perhaps out of reach for the moment).
    You don't seem to think much of Kit Fisto, which is fair. The other response actually seems to own a 7* Kit Fisto and liked it a lot, so may I ask if you actually own him?

And you are right, I totally overlooked Aayla Secura. Is she really better? Also, I heard a lot of good things of Ima Gun Di, maybe it's better to postpone the 5th Jedi for the Yoda event after this one and choose Ima Gun Di when I reach level 77. I have enough work to do on rebels on scoundrels (gearing and levelling) anyway, so might concentrate on Lando in Cantina for now and Ima Gun Di after that.
  • Options
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    I beat all yoda tiers with ahsoka (l), QGJ, luminara, JC, and kit. The tm gain on evades helps your Jedi keep speed with yoda and kits bonus attacks are fantastic for clearing foresight. As a bonus his AOE potency up is great vs rancor.

This is really great to read, good for Yoda event and rancor. Can you compare him to Ima Gun Di?
  • Options
    Potency up means Kit is interesting, but I believe Old Ben (arena) and Aayla (everywhere) are still way better characters.
  • Darth_Azrael
    457 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Honestly I do not like either of them. You need Yoda to any specific strategy? He is very weak in my opinion. Anyway, I suggest the following Jedis because they have some use in the future:

Aayla
    QGJ
    Luminara
    Barriss

The last hero will depend on your resources. JC is a horrible hero. You could even develop it just for this event, but after that it will not serve for nothing else. If you are not farming other hero in the guild shop, IGD would be a great choice, especially for his lead skill.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    I am at level 74 and have Lumi, QGJ, JC and Ahsoka as Jedi at 5* or better. Next Yoda event I'd like to get the T5 done to activate Yoda. Farming a toon to 5* from scratch is possible in Cantina (with refreshes), so I'd like to ask for opinions which Cantina-node-available Jedi is best for me: The options are Barriss, Old Ben, Mace Windu, Plo Koon and now Kit Fisto. I know the first four pretty well from fightng them in Arena and the most frightening toon for me is Mace Windu, I don't see Kit Fisto enough because he was p2p until now. Since the long view probably is the 7* Yoda, I am most likely talking about a toon I have to max so it's a somewhat important decision.

The toon should be useful in GW and raid (and Yoda event but is the toon selection really important here?), and I tend to farm Kit Fisto now since his potency up AOE sounds good to help Teebo land his TM reduction. Still, I don't know all these Jedi well enough, so I'd like your opinions who probably is best?

I finished Yoda the 2nd time it was released and I've read it's much easier. Knowing that I think this would be my ideal team. IGD lead, Kit Fisto, Aayla, Barriss, Lumi. Yoda gets foresight frequently so getting it removed via a counter-attack can be clutch and the difference between getting that killing blow and Yoda 1 vs 3'ing your squad in one turn. Does he still do that??? He did at least... IGD has a special that hits fairly hard, Aayla and Kit with IGD lead both have a high probability to counter-attack. Aayla can heal herself and call-in somebody else to attack as well. Kit Fisto could be useful for taking out the add's I guess.

If you're too far away from such a squad then definitely Kit Fisto over Mace Windu. Kit's counter attack and bonus attack chance are better than what Mace brings. I've played around with my Kit since the update and can get 5K crits with him on basic and he easily gets 9k to 10k with a bonus which again is huge against Yoda.
  • Options
    I have all Jedi except Kit and Plo. With that in mind, I have one team for Arena, GW, and Raids: IGD (L), Anakin, QGJ, Yoda, and Aayla. With this team I get #1 in the arena, do about 400k damage in raids, and clear GW everyday (but need to sub in Barriss for IGD around node 8). This is a pretty powerful squad for all aspects of the game.

Being at level 74, Mace, Lumi, JC, and Ahsoka are going to become less and less competitive as you move on. I would not spend any more resource on them, except to get Yoda. Barriss will be useful only in GW, but can be key there. Old Ben will help you out for a while longer, arguably even end game. But, before it's too late and you start falling behind, you should focus on getting Aayla now, then Barriss and IGD, and finally Anakin (but you'll need to be level 80 and high gear for this one). If you can get all of these, and then Yoda, you will not be disappointed.

But, like I said, I don't have Plo or Kit, but I know what I have has worked for me.
  • Options
    Thanks for all responses, they helped a lot! Well, Lumi is 7* and JC 6* already (but I stopped working on JC for a long time now and he was quite useful), and the squad of the last response is very interesting, but I have only QGJ... hmm, Aayla or Kit Fisto?

@Old_Scott: Do you think Kit Fisto instead of Aayla in your team would work? What does Aayla do for this squad?
  • Options
    Kit is interesting for raid - especially T7 where rancor tenacity is through the roof. However, here's the team I'm using for Yoda event next week:

IGD, Anakin, Aayla, QGJ, Lumi.

However, you need "fast farming" which to me means a level 1 or 2 character. If you want a dodge arena team, choose Ben. If you want to help with your tmr team for raids, choose Kit. I would pick between these two if I were you.
  • Options
    @Doitsuyama If you want to run a Jedi team you need characters with a lot of utility and fill multiple roles. Aayla does that. She counters and stuns pretty reliably, she can heal herself, and her assists with bonus Jedi damage are phenomenal. Plus, remember, if QGJ calls her for an assist that is a chance at a stun to. So, between her attacks, counters, and QGJ assists, that's a healthy amount of opportunities for stuns. When it comes to characters like Rey or Palpatine, she can really save your team a lot of damage. If you get her, just remember to put critical chance up mods on her! I might try subbing Kit for Yoda, but I don't think I would ever replace Aayla or Anakin on any Jedi team.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have...and use a 7* Kit Fisto. The update boosted his basic damage significantly.

Ima Gundi (L)
    Aayla
    Kit
    Ani
    B2

The whole team sits at 50k+ prot/health and w/ the 25% damage bonus on counter from IG lead and offense up from Ani, this team is devastating to Droids, Wiggs, well...any aoe team in general and teams that have multiple tanks. I have had Kit counter 2x on basic at 10k crits each. He is a beast now.

Imagine seeing all 4 jedi counter another aoe the Kit attacks a 2nd time and Aayla calls Ani to hit again. 6 hits from 4 Jedi on defense and u know that aoe they did gave B2 100% tm.
  • Options
    I have had Aayla and Kit at 7* since before they became FtP. Mace, I have never been convinced by. The recent changes to Kit were definitely a good decision and they've definitely made him viable. But even so, given the OP's current situation, Aayla would be a better choice with Kit replacing JC at the earliest opportunity.

One of my favourite moments in this game was against Yoda: I fired QGJ's assist, Aayla stepped in and battered him which triggered Kit to come in and hit him... twice. 1 tap, 4 hits. Granted, other teams do this easily enough and other toons could probably do more damage in a single shot... but it looked pretty cool. (",)
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Options
    @Doitsuyama Yes, I have a 7* G8 Kit Fisto. I didn't have him for the Yoda challenge mind - but for that, I think he'd have done quite well.

In GW I do run an all-Jedi "C" team - IGD lead, Aayla, QGJ, Yoda and Old Ben.
  • Options
    I will say this, whatever you do Old Ben is kind of bad for the Yoda event. He hits like a wet noodle and Mind Tricks is useless for you but will give Yoda and his minions TM. Then when Old Ben dies the buffs for your squad will get stolen by Yoda, so it's essentially a buff for him too.
  • Options
    I have a completely maxed Aayla, (see here): m.imgur.com/a/j2Opa

She's amazing, stuns more often than not, I can beat GW without her losing protection, and she's pretty much the main reason I 3 starred Anakin's cantina node. She deals a lot of damage, but keep in mind she's tough to gear even though she only needs 1 furnace. She needs over 100 stun cuffs, a stun gun, a thermal detonator, and a MK 4 chedak comlink. But she's well worth it.
  • Options
    Aayla your best option.
  • Options
    I've been running

IGD (L) with ayala, anakin, QGJ, trying to figure out my 5th. Between Yoda/kit/ahsoka.

Yoda is nice on offense but horrible on defense does work good against Vader and ep.
    Kit isn't bad it does have his counter/double tap.
    Ahsoka I'm starting to like... She hits hard and heals. I've tried the crit avoid but don't know if it's working.

They each have their benefit depending on who you are playing. Keep in mind you can beat Yoda with any jedi team. Some make it easier with Kit not having rebuffs or barris is just healing. Old Ben is only good As lead with evasion and if you still have Qgj or mace.
  • Options
    Mace is only good with Ani as lead. I have a gear 10 mace with critical hit and damage mods and he does regularly crit for 10-15 k damage both in GW and arena. My problem with him is he is slow but he is good against teams that run Rg and sth. He also crits regularly for 10-15 k with qgj harmonius assault. He is also good when attacking someone expos and against the rancor.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for your input again. I am farming Kit now and Aayla next, you convinced me to stop working on JC (well, I did stop long ago anyway). Lumi doesn't get much love too, but I have her on 7* g8 already, so she will be useful for some time. After that Ima Gun Di (I am working on Ewok Elder in guild store currently) and Anakin. I have a 5* g8 Ahsoka, seems like I will stop working on her too and concentrate to get QGJ and Fives to 7* in Cantina store.