AI PvP buffs almost ruining the game

Really, early on the speed boost AI was receinving was annoying me, but that was not something that really made me angry and I could get over it. But now, on level 60, the dodge boost AI get's really is breaking the game to me. I keep winning battles both in Arena and GW, but to a point that it's not fun anymore and is very frustrating. Not only the AI team almost always is faster tham mine, but what really get on my nerves are they dodging 40~60% of my attacks every ~'level even' battle! Not rarely I lost not because my team build is bad or the AI one is better, but simply put because I could not hit so many attacks! To make things even worse, Darth Maul and Darth Sidious are my main damage dealers in PvP battles and they do seen to be the main target of AI dodges!

It's get even worse in Galactic Campaing I have to face team with levels way above mine and they just dodge like crazy, sometimes making a single team, not even the final one, defeat my two best teams totally destroying my chances to finish the GW. To make things even more sadder, to actually progress in Arena ranking I must create a team other people dont want to fight against and not one I want to play with... I must fill it with chars that just can hold the battle long or boring enough, and when everybody is doing that, fights become quite boring.

And please don't come saying "what was you team build and enemy?" or such. I faced teams with no speed boost characters, some of the same characters I was using but at a lower level and that they know couldn't had equipped further than I because I already was at the level cap requirement for equips. First I thought he was using speed mod, but it does happen so frequently that almost EVERYONE would have to be using it. And the dogde stuff happens so **** frequently in even levels that how could they dodge ~half of my attacks when I dont dodge one third of them!? So, please, the buffs may not borther you or you are way better than I in dealing with them, but don't come saying there isn't any when it is so obvious and I'm not the only one to complain.

To finish off my little frustration outflow, I'm not even F2P. I do spend a good amount of money in the game and I'm still unable to overcome the AI cheats not even with a great amount of well trained toons in the GW, not even with a great focus on just 5 toons for Arena. Not sure if the dodge crap is a moment of my level in game (60) and later one things get better just like the speed boost was more of a thing early on and not so much now.

Replies

• Options
    Could always try an accuracy primary on the arrow mod...
  • Options
    There is no AI PVP boost. It has been confirmed countless times.

L2Play
  • Options
    if darth sidious is your main damage dealer you are doing something very wrong
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I don't know what you mean by speed boost. I have played this game for quite a while though and the AI does have some increased evasion rates (EDIT: aka RNG boost), despite my initial doubts (I tracked little more than a hundred battles and the rates are above the ones they are supposed to be). Still I have never seen any team dodge more than 35% of my attacks, still I guess with very bad RNG that's could be possible. However, there is no evidence whatsoever that I have seen in 9 months suggesting that AI gets stat boosts aka an advantage in speed and such.

You know you can look at the stats of your opponents toons to check out their speed and compare it to your own toons. Also if you use suicide squads in GW it's your own fault if the opponent moves before you since you essentially give that squad a TM boost to start the battle.
  • Options
    KeKattia wrote: »
    I don't know what you mean by speed boost. I have played this game for quite a while though and the AI does have some increased evasion rates (EDIT: aka RNG boost), despite my initial doubts (I tracked little more than a hundred battles and the rates are above the ones they are supposed to be). Still I have never seen any team dodge more than 35% of my attacks, still I guess with very bad RNG that's could be possible. However, there is no evidence whatsoever that I have seen in 9 months suggesting that AI gets stat boosts aka an advantage in speed and such.

You know you can look at the stats of your opponents toons to check out their speed and compare it to your own toons. Also if you use suicide squads in GW it's your own fault if the opponent moves before you since you essentially give that squad a TM boost to start the battle.

Even before level 50, so no mods, I had times when the opponent team acted before mine even so they was one or two level behind. It happens, for example, for Sidious. His lower level Sidious acted before mine and there was no way he could had a speed equip since I checked what is possible in my Sidious.

About the RNG boost (what RNG stand for? Legit question), is it a hard boost or a % one? If it's a % bonus for the AI it may reduce in dodge focus team with mod teams just having a insane amount of dodge, but it still comes to weird results. May be just a feeling, but chars like Ben Kenobi, a high level low damage toon that do have a natural dodge bonus, hardly dodges that much even when on Luminara lead teams.

Also Sidious is my main hitter not because of Sidious itself, but he is so easy to level up both in stars and equip that he greatly out power some of my other toons even if both are locked behing equips level requirement or because are way slower to farm shards. In raids, where the final damage is show, not rarely he does way more damage than my properly prepared Maul and Qui Gon. And I dont use suicide squads in GW, quite the opposite, I try to put my best damage dealers quite supported by at least one tauting tank and one healer, so when I use them early on they don't get squashed, especially Darth Maul since he is a great asset in the final battle where he can rip off any jedi, and most teams at least have one. The problem comes when those hitters simply can't hit, missing a lot, than naturally the battle last longer and they die or Iose all of my toons. Take that example: like I said, Darth Maul is a monster against jedi teams, but he is very fragile but his life stealing grant him a great survival... but if he miss to much like now in PvP, he is just a sitting duck.
  • Options

This. People seem to ignore or forget this.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Build a team that counter reacts to the team you are facing. They dodge the hell out of my teams to but i still beat them because of how i build my team. Im getting a headache from all these forums lol
  • Options
    VektorT wrote: »
    Even before level 50, so no mods, I had times when the opponent team acted before mine even so they was one or two level behind. It happens, for example, for Sidious. His lower level Sidious acted before mine and there was no way he could had a speed equip since I checked what is possible in my Sidious.

About the RNG boost (what RNG stand for? Legit question), is it a hard boost or a % one? If it's a % bonus for the AI it may reduce in dodge focus team with mod teams just having a insane amount of dodge, but it still comes to weird results. May be just a feeling, but chars like Ben Kenobi, a high level low damage toon that do have a natural dodge bonus, hardly dodges that much even when on Luminara lead teams.

I still find it hard to believe that happened when the gear level was the same.. Never have I seen or heard of a case before when a slower too moved first (except in the days where speed was tiered, but those times have long passed).

RNG is the random number generator, to put it simple it's an engine that generates a series of random numbers which then determine if an effect sticks or an attack is dodged. It works like rolling a dice or flipping a coin. So by saying bad RNG that means those random outcomes stack against you, which is still absolutely possible but the worse it gets the rarer the occurrence.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    And please don't come saying "what was you team build and enemy?" or such.

Why not? it might very well be the root of all your problems. I'm trying not to judge, but it seems to me you haven't fully figured out how everything works.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • VektorT
    111 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

L2Play

Confirmed where? Searching in the forum I saw countless people saying that the RNG favors the AI or at least is hard to logically understand. Even here a guy who said to have being played for 9 months, so is no way a noob, suspected that RNG is awkward somewhat. There is a pool from january where 2/3 of the players did voted that something is wrong. Really, I found a LOT of different people with different experiences saying the same thing. It's not the first time I saw some say it was "confirmed" that there isn't any hidden AI bonus/tweak, but never pointing out where it is. Plus, even if a dev said it, unless you entered the gaming community yesterday you know that game companies and employees not rarely lie, and lie a lot sometimes, especially about polemic issues in their games.

If, just IF, the problem here is fanboys, I'm not saying the game is bad, quite the opposite, I like it very much, think it's awesome, but some serious problems are undeniable and it can happen to any game, even the great ones, and I do think SWHG have one in the RNG issue.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

L2Play

Confirmed where? Searching in the forum I saw countless people saying that the RNG favors the AI or at least is hard to logically understand. Even here a guy who said to have being played for 9 months, so is no way a noob, suspected that RNG is awkward somewhat. There is a pool from january where 2/3 of the players did voted that something is wrong. Really, I found a LOT of different people with different experiences saying the same thing. It's not the first time I saw some say it was "confirmed" that there isn't any hidden AI bonus/tweak, but never pointing out where it is. Plus, even if a dev said it, unless you entered the gaming community yesterday you know that game companies lie, lie a lot, especially about polemic issues in their games.

Everyone believed the world was flat at one point in time, didnt make it true. Furthermore, the AI is not a very strategic player, even if the AI is acttually boosted it still sucks.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I was abducted by aliens and they confirmed the AI is buffed
  • Options
    its confirmation bias
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Everyone believed the world was flat at one point in time, didnt make it true. Furthermore, the AI is not a very strategic player, even if the AI is acttually boosted it still sucks.

Just like continental drift was said to be a huge non-sense and was formally denied and "confirmed" false, until someone one day prove it was, indeed, a fact. Just saying, I could be wrong and all those people I said about could also be wrong too, but on the other hand who say there is no AI buff or RNG bonus can also be wrong. That's why we are debating the subject and people that just come "nah, you are wrong" when they can't also prove anything isn't adding nothing.

But I give you that. By searching the forum I also learned how people think GW difficulty scale based on the top5 toons power level and is exactly in GW that I'm having most problem. By trying to achieve a good Arena ranking and counter the crazy RNG, I buffed a single team so **** high above the rest that my GW difficulty just scaled to be almost impossible to complete, and when the RNG comes into play in that situation very few toons apart from my top5 can actually stand up to the challenge.

So I still suspect that the RNG system for the pvp AI is problematic, but it effects was greatly being boosted by my poor understanding of how GW difficulty works, leading to a poor strategy, giving me poor chances and, obviously, leading to frustration. I couldn't understand what was happening and since the RNG problem was the only obvious one I knew, I put all the blame on him. It is something to blame, yeah, but wasn't alone and not even mainly it that made my GW so frustrating. I do lost some Arena matches to crazy RNG, but wasn't it that destroyed my GW and made me so anger.

Knowledge, after all, led me to better understand the problem and calm my mind to find solutions to solve it. The problem now is how all of that, both the RNG for AI and the GW level scale, are not properly presented and explained to the player and all we know are players empiric experience and players theories based on that. So even if the game has some not-so-great features and mechanichs, what really led to frustration is not knowing how it works, because that way I can't find a workaround.

GW had become a chore to me latelly, but now that I know what is happening I can make it fun again. But about the RNG issue... well... I think I will have to deal with it like I was doing until now. The AI does sucks most times, after all.