Old Ben's not dead: Mod right!

Some guys made some bunch of flame on the forums of me posting stuff some say I hit lucky rng... Here's another video showing the battle... I remodded my Han to be as fast as possible with the resources of mods I have... I may have gotten lucky twice?

But my point is this, mod right don't go chasing the meta evolve slowly.

https://youtu.be/Ae7G5ZPMiKA

Arena King,
Josh Mayer
Line id: joshmayer (for my deleted articles and also to join the Arena Strategy group)

Ps: thanks for removing the post bentwookie. This forums need more sharing than flaming...

Replies

• GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'll agree OB is not dead. He has become a hot target though. Beat any palp team and they get very defensive. I'll share my arena run later. Palp is powerful and better imo than OB. The squad is still viable though, but it is totally dependant on st han being fast. It's very tempting to level ackbar at this point to give han a speed boost to ensure palp and the opposition aren't getting the upper hand, the margin for error is getting smaller everyday for this squad, still, it's more fun than pressing auto with an OP AOE squad.
  • Lirg
    170 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So what's your win rate against wiggs/palp lead Aoe? Fyi, I haven't read your previous post. I'm not trying to hate, but the way you're defending obw is equivalent of me saying that dooku lead is not dead either. And by dooku lead I mean dooku lead with rey, rg, qgj, and daka/GS/whoever previous meta. (And yes there is still a dooku lead team in my early December shard that is still topping). I'm not understanding the point of this post. Do you have something to prove to your supposed bullies or what?
  • Options
    His thread got closed by wookie for no apparent reason other than because it's OB and people were saying what you just said. You are right, OB is no longer a meta lead. Now he's one of the cool guys who gets attacked for being different and easy to beat.
  • Options
    I just love self-claimed "arena kings". What do you think would happen to your team if someome added your STH's mods to a Wedge, Palps, Lando, any hard hitting relatively fast AOE character or even Ackbar?
    Right now you are only winning because of STH's speed. It's not OB who stands up to the new meta, but your mods. And once a meta team is modded similarly, they win easily.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    +1 It is only down to hanx speed that I can beat some of the well modded teams. First turn dominance has been meta since JE was introduced, possibly before then with not quite the same impact. But yeah, speed mods can give any squad the upper hand and make a great squad unstoppable. That said, without OB mind tricks my squad would die fast even with han going first. I can't see a better toon other than EP for that spot.
  • Options
    None old Ben lead team Can get into top5 in my early January shard anymore, you have a speedy STH? So what, one of have-to-way-around player on my shard has 226 speed STH, lead by maxed Lando, paired with 201 palpi, 209 Han Solo and 229 Rey, works really well.

On a matured shard, old ben lead team now becomes a target for sure, they sink fast
  • Options
    Sounds like his mods are making his squad... Back to the point. Oh wait, that was the point. If you go first... you win.
  • Lirg
    170 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Oh man, I just read his recently closed thread. That was a complete dikish move to post recruiting pics like that. Isn't josh Mayer one of kor's officers? Sorry that it came down to this
  • Options
    LOL, those pics were random. OB isn't dead. Posts pics of loads of peeps at number 1 that aren't using OB.
  • Options
    Why so annoying?
  • Options
    Sounds like his mods are making his squad... Back to the point. Oh wait, that was the point. If you go first... you win.
    That's not really right, important is whose Sthan goes first.
  • Options
    Nightwolve wrote: »
    That's not really right, important is whose Sthan goes first.

Yeah. Just like with droids it's important who's JE goes first. I think generally.... Droids will beat all new school meta because they will always go first.
  • Options
    I hope old Ben isn't dead, because if you strike him down...
  • Options
    I beat all droids with anakinlead. They only have a low healthpool and no dispelling.
  • Options
    What does anakin lead do vs droids????
  • Options
    I beat all droids with anakinlead. They only have a low healthpool and no dispelling.

I guess you haven't matched up against hk lead, je, 86, gg, and b2 have you? ;)
  • Nightwolve
    582 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I had, my team is anakin, Rex,Sthan, Sunfac and Palpatine. Iam from a november shard....
    I have two speedboosts and one character that stuns. What do u want more?
    Anakin's AoE with 216% crit damage is very strong. The droids begin the fight, then my sthan goes (219 Speed) and then there's no chance anymore for the weak droids.
  • Lirg
    170 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I had, my team is anakin, Rex,Sthan, Sunfac and Palpatine. Iam from a november shard....

Nice counter meta team. Kudos
  • Options
    Lirg wrote: »
    So what's your win rate against wiggs/palp lead Aoe? Fyi, I haven't read your previous post. I'm not trying to hate, but the way you're defending obw is equivalent of me saying that dooku lead is not dead either. And by dooku lead I mean dooku lead with rey, rg, qgj, and daka/GS/whoever previous meta. (And yes there is still a dooku lead team in my early December shard that is still topping). I'm not understanding the point of this post. Do you have something to prove to your supposed bullies or what?

But dooku isnt dead, especially if u started maybe 3 months ago. I still know a guy who runs dooku lead that finishes first at Payout.... It's all shard related. Of course if u try running dooku in a January shard.... U will be squashed like a fly.... Everything is shard related and the only way to speed it up is to spend, if you have been following my series of thought, you would my position even better. I have to deal with some guys on my shard who are running stuff I can't possibly run, rex lead, palp lead, anakin lead, lando lead, but these guys obviously spent to get there faster, I'm evolving and making the best of my resources without spending more.....

Everything is shard related just make the best of ur resources, there are days I can't beat lando team, but I modded to the best possible and prayed to the gods of rng for favour.... That's it....

For the new guys, don't go chasing the current meta, u can't do stuff overnight, unless u spend 20k usd or something, maybe then u can, but it's ur prerogative, I don't judge.

Watch the older shards, see their top 10, build in that direction is all I'm saying.

And since arena King seems rather controversial, let me tune it a little.

aRNGena King,

Josh Mayer
  • Options
    Im sorry, no hate, but the cringe is real m8. Arngena? Argentina? Sigh...I'm not going on any further
  • Options
    Yes, you are right, it's all related to the shard in which u are in. I hope, you learned from the more experienced players here, that Ben won't play a role in your near future, if some people will get strong Palpteams.
  • Options
    And he will drop fast if he still stick to old Ben...
  • Options
    He is still competitive. Don't listen to these guys. Although he isn't as competitive as he once was, that goes for all non palp, anakin or droid leads.
  • Options
    I think we've discussed all that needs to be discussed.
  • Options
    Used to run Old Ben lead and finish in the top 20, sometimes top 10. Then, all of sudden, I would wake up and find myself in the 70s. Switched up the team, Palp lead, and I'm back to my top 20 finishes. So for me, Old Ben is dead.