Is Daka worth it?

Hey guys.
I have 2.1k cantina shipments. Should I buy Daka Boba or Poe? (I didnt get free Poe,I only play for 5days)

Replies

• Options
    Dont buy boba.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Poe is best for arena, Daka will be needed sooner or later for dark side missions (so you can't go wrong with her). I like 5555 tankyness and debuff in GW. Any of them will work well.
  • Options
    Daka is best choice, useful for Gw, Arena, Darkside mission :)
    This world is not of those who have money , nor of those who have power !
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Bobba is good i think
    I use him as leader and get 45% critical damage
    Also he has 80% ability block for all enemies
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I suggest getting Daka. IMO she's really great. Her heal ain't bad, the damage is ok (for a healer) and she can stun and revive. Only other dark side healer is Talia, but Daka is way better then Talia in every aspect (I have both at 4 stars and same level, Daka is on my main team but I rarely ever use Talia)
  • Options
    Best choice is Daka only. :D
  • Options
    I love Boba, those who say he's bad don't know how to utilise him properly. In my critical based team he's the leader and it makes for damage galore.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    When I started people told me to get Daka. I borrowed her in some missions, she seemed uninteresting and her heal was terrible. Someone on the forums said Boba was great because of his ability block, so I spent 145 shards getting him to 5*.
    To make a long story short, my Daka is now 6* and used every day in PvP and GW, and Boba is gathering dust.
    Boba can certainly be made useful on the right team. But Daka is essential as she is one of only two dark side healers, and she is also the best stunning character in the game. She can also revive dead characters, which allows you to 3* dark missions even if you make a mistake.
    Get her.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Daka is a necessity for the most part, you'll struggle without her to pass harder dark missions, unless you spend a lot and have a hardcore dark team. With the changes to GW, Dakas double stun is perhaps one of the most important skills at your disposal. If you use her stun right then she can always be your second healer as you'll rarely need the aspect.
  • Options
    A little tid-bit to consider, you can borrow dakas for dark side battles, you can't borrow poes for arenas.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Daka is hands down the best. All my cantina currency has been spent on her. I also have the other 2 (got Boba Fett in a pack).

Boba isn't worth it in my opinion. He works as a leader in aoe teams and crit teams, and his passive looks good, but i'd rather make sidious my leader and put a different tank in my comp. Also, excluding characters with +70% crit abilities, you get more out of crit chance than crit damage, especially on chars that can spam additional effects from crits, like luke. He's not bad and i often get him as my 6th progressing in dark side missions but there are better options in cantina.

Poe is good, although i haven't got the chance to invest a lot in him (I'm level 58 and i went for daka in cantina credits). I see him in pvp alot, hes a real pain, but he's really not very good in galactic war, where taunting for 2 rounds is really dangerous).

Daka is great. She's slow and squishy, her damage is mediocre, but she stuns A LOT. The ressurect is too unreliable in a way that usually you just assume it's not there, but sometimes it becomes a nice surprise when you need it the most (i scrapped several 3 stars in very close fights in and it's thanks to her i can now farm Ima-Gun Di in 5-A hard mode).
    Also: she's needed for progression in dark side campaign (severe lack of healers), which in turn has some of the best light side shards (Ima-Gun Di, Barriss, Anakin all available in tier 5)
    Also: she's amazing in Galactic War since the ruthless changes. I'm perfectly aware she is the reason i could ever finish galactic war these past 3 days, where i started regularly getting lvl 60 full purple gear opponents from level 7-12, despite being lvl 57-58 with only 7 level +55 characters. Sometimes the only way to win and still be able to play the next battle is to restart a match over and over and fish for good procs, and her double stun is a major part of that.

TL DR: Did i mention Daka stuns ALOT and is the only reliable dark side healer (talia will suicide if she heals against aoe comps, because she cant heal herself in time).
    Just don't get Boba he's not worth it. Daka, Fives and Poe are the ones worth considering in cantina, with Daka by far at the top, especially since the changes to galactic war.

Post edited by Yarzahn on
  • Options
    Poe and 5s together help control matches in GW, slowing and disarming basically. His taunt is to be used judiciously in GW. I borrow a Daka whenever I do a dark side battle and even then find I don't need her as often as people say. She is squishy so I find myself going after her first to at least force a heal and her stuns are more of an annoyance than a game changer. GW is probably the best spot to use her.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Personal opinion, it depends on the team you're running/want to build. But the farming order would be Daka then Poe.
  • Options
    Anything you farm in Cantina Shipments comes slow. It will be 2 minths till you 7* any char. Poe and Daka are passive helpers. Daka avoids one or two enemies for a turn and that can save your tram 3k to 10k damage from enemy. 50% of times it wont work, but being a regular nit special, you'll try to stun 4 to 7 times in a battle. Her heal if deficient but since saves you from enemies with Stun that makes a large difference. She tends to be targetted and she will die a lot. Even at 7* you need to be careful.

Poe helps you with advancing turn meter (not a certainty but a chance), and can taunt very early on. He will "expose" 2 to 4 enemies. This means those chars lose 20% of their HP the moment you hit them. A 15k tank would lose 3k. This happens as you taunt. But Poe is used in teams with high damage, low HP chars, usually heavy on assists. The quick taunt is a shield.

5555 is good if you build tou build a counter team. Veey powerful. But not at all general purpose.
  • Options
    Guys. Im still confused.. Okay sure I wont invest in Boba. Thats okay.
    I play arena a lot (Im ona new server lv 47 is no1, and im in top20) so Poe can be an option but the same time I will play GW every day. Today was my first GW and managed to complete with my basic team but it will be getting harder for sure.. Still dunno that Daka or Poe. :(
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Daka is not as squishy as some people think. She's no tank, to be certain, but my 6* Daka has about the same health as my 7* Lumi.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Daka really can turn a fight. Today in arena my IG86 died and good old Daka revived him. Then she got killed - and revived herself :-) Yes, I won the battle. Easily.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Ivadek wrote: »
    I play arena a lot (Im ona new server lv 47 is no1, and im in top20) so Poe can be an option but the same time I will play GW every day. Today was my first GW and managed to complete with my basic team but it will be getting harder for sure.. Still dunno that Daka or Poe. :(

I'll take Poe up to 4*, then Daka.
  • Options
    Vodo wrote: »
    Daka really can turn a fight. Today in arena my IG86 died and good old Daka revived him. Then she got killed - and revived herself :-) Yes, I won the battle. Easily.

Same Daka revived Dooku and Ventress for me. It was a long fight as you can tell. A rare 4 minute one,lol.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Ivadek wrote: »

I'll take Poe up to 4*, then Daka.

I'll take him up to 5 if possible. Thats where he really shines
  • Options
    I finish GW without Daka. Just JC and Lumi. So depends. But I think on teams with Phasma as lead she can do some welcome stuns with her basic attacks. Also for DS battles she is a very useful character.
  • Tiggerz
    62 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If you're going to be in arenas a lot, consider boba actually. His team ability block can be murder for the other team below level 50 and crit teams bow to his leadership ability. Thats until you get Lumi or sid leveled up.

But Daka is probably the best for everything mentioned previously. Some heal, her revives are sick and her stun is evil. Anyone who thinks she does decent damage though, is smoking something.
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Poe is useful in GW also. I use him on a sacrifice team if there are hard hitting aoes like Sid on later nodes. Throw him in with a cpl low level toons with enough hp to survive the aoes. I use his taunt to expose then blast whoever gets exposed with my low levels. If they hit, they do 20% dmg with expose so it doesn't really matter if they are not hard hitters themselves. They all die, but the aoes are used up and on cool down and anyone who was exposed is weakened, then I send in my a-team to mop up. Good if you have a high dmg, low hp main team like I do.

But Daka is good too. I opened her first on cantina and am glad I did.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....