Who did you farm after 7* Sid and why?

Hey guys,

Looking for insight, I realize this has been asked before but I want to bring it up again as I got my Sid to 7* today

I'm looking at ST Han and IG88 but I'm open to others if good points are made.

I do have ig86, 100 (I know he sucks), and poggle.

I like Hans potential for turn meter manipulation as I already have Poe and old Ben I'm digging this style of play, I'm wondering if getting Saint Han (get it... ST Han) would be too much, or would splitting taunts with Poe and the extra manipulation be worth it. Has anyone tried both on one team?

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Turn manipulation is great because it allows you to give extra turns to your heavy hitters, but you need heavy hitters to begin with or it's useless. I'm not sure you can squeeze ST Han and Poe and Ben in a team and still be able to deal enough damage, but I might be wrong
  • DonnieDrako
    221 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yea I questioned it too, not sure what's better ally turn meter up or enemy meter down. I guess turn meter ties are only broken by turn meter down.

However it seems that Han affects turn meter more consistently through the match whereas Poe gets to go first and then allows for the rest of your team to take their turns allowing Ben to follow up with more turn meter down

I'm leaning towards Saint Han but I'd like to hear more from the community. maybe hold off until next update with hopes for new characters?
  • Options
    Your title implies that I have more than one shard for Sidious that I got from a bronzium.
    I take great offense to this.

Just kidding. I've got Asajj to 7* now I'm farming Savage Opress.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I have been getting other characters to get achievement rewards (coins/Darth Shards) on having xx/xx characters on light/dark side. Mainly for the extra coins.
    Bye Forums.
  • Options
    IG-88 because damage
  • Options
    Normal order would be Sid, then 88, Asajj, Han or 86 and lastly Opress .
  • Options
    I skipped sid and capped assajj and am near done with ackbar. I'm thI king Han next. **** can rot lol.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I actually went for 4* Ackbar before Sid because he has the best line in all of Star Wars. Unfortunately the character sucks. He's squishy, doesn't do much damage, can't cleanse heal block for some reason, and the AI is terrible at using him. I'll 7* Sid tomorrow, so I'm leaning towards IG 88, Ventress, or Savage
  • Options
    Guys I have a variation on this question:

I will have Sidious at 6* as of 6pm tonight. My team is shaping up to have Sid and Lumi at 6* and the rest at 4 or 5*.

My question is do I spend the time to get Sid and Lumi to 7*....or put that on hold until I get IG88 and Phasma to 5*? Priority of 7* vs 6* compared to more 5* heroes?

Thanks team.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Ventress cause i alredy had her. Nothin else from arena worthwhile imo after sid so its just cause i already had her
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

I will have Sidious at 6* as of 6pm tonight. My team is shaping up to have Sid and Lumi at 6* and the rest at 4 or 5*.

My question is do I spend the time to get Sid and Lumi to 7*....or put that on hold until I get IG88 and Phasma to 5*? Priority of 7* vs 6* compared to more 5* heroes?

Thanks team.

I always 7*. Focus all effort one toon at a time from each place then move to the next. Easier to maintain a team if your not soreading resources too thin imo
  • Options
    Yea, that's true especially since I envision Sid and Lumi to always be core players on my team (and every other team unfortunately!). Some say the difference between 6* and 7* is minimal - I have no experience with this as of yet. Also 7*ing a character leaves no future room for shards awarded down the road I guess would be the other counter point.
  • Options

Thanks team.

Focus on improving your main team before anything else. If you are splitting shipments for 2 of your main characters (for example luminara and phasma), always promote and gear the damage dealer --> healer --> tank/support. Damage dealers get focused first and are more fragile, healers need health for bigger heals (%).
    Right now I'm parking phasma at 5 until my luminara reachs 7.
  • Options
    IG-86 does not suck when paired correctly, there is some utility there.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    The question was about individual toons not about team synergies. (If i read it correctly)

100% correct about droid teams though but alone they suck. Needs to be a proper team w/ proper synergy. Thats why i didnt mention him or go after him myself

Edit: wrong post im referring to sorry lol
    Ignore me
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm going to be contrarian, and say don't go to 7* ASAP, unless you don't want anything else from those places. In a Phasma team, I'd rather have Lumi 6* and Phasma 5* than Lumi 7* and Phasma 3*. If you Play droids or AOE, having Poggle is better than having an extra star in Lumi. I'd rather have Sid 6*, 88 5*, Lumi 6*, Poggle 4*, than Sid 7*, Lumi 7*, and 88 3* with no Poggle

And new GW benefits from a deeper bench
  • Options
    Your title implies that I have more than one shard for Sidious that I got from a bronzium.

Ya man. Im going for Opress also, i feel like he is going to get some modifications in future that will make him dope. Im close to 6* stars and he is pretty nice on a high crit .
  • Options
    I would do IG88 first, then maybe Ventress or HK47. Then after that Opress...
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Looking for insight, I realize this has been asked before but I want to bring it up again as I got my Sid to 7* today

I like Hans potential for turn meter manipulation as I already have Poe and old Ben I'm digging this style of play, I'm wondering if getting Saint Han (get it... ST Han) would be too much, or would splitting taunts with Poe and the extra manipulation be worth it. Has anyone tried both on one team?
    Hey guys,

Hey guys,

Hey guys,

Sid is a beast. Period.
  • Options

He doesnt suck period... A properly developed IG86 one shots enemies with his crit/assist attack.
  • Options

He doesnt suck period... A properly developed IG86 one shots enemies with his crit/assist attack.

If he can go first. Otherwise he will be killed before hid first round or ability block on first round and finish on second.
  • Options
    Ya, u r probably right
  • Tiggerz
    62 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Arijit wrote: »

If he can go first. Otherwise he will be killed before hid first round or ability block on first round and finish on second.
    Are we talking about the same toon? IG86 has no ability block. IG88 (Iggy) does...and he's beast if you have a taunt character. Iggy can reek havoc in an AoE team.

@OP: I farmed Iggy after Sid because he dropped in a chromium pack, but I'm having second thoughts. I may want to get Han Slowlo. Its down between Iggy and Poe or Han and...all the things.

• Options
    Tiggerz wrote: »
    Arijit wrote: »

Are we talking about the same toon? IG86 has no ability block. IG88 (Iggy) does...and he's beast if you have a taunt character. Iggy can reek havoc in an AoE team.

@OP: I farmed Iggy after Sid because he dropped in a chromium pack, but I'm having second thoughts. I may want to get Han Slowlo. Its down between Iggy and Poe or Han and...all the things.

I meant whenever I face IG88 or IG86 in GW or Arena, I am generally faster on the speed of my toons(maxed geras), so I go first. Hence, I take them out first. I also try to stun them with Doku or ability block with poggle to save from the assist attack of IG86. Owing to low health of Iggy, I am mostly successful in taking them out before getting a severe damage. Same approach to FOTP. And if you have poe you can reduce their meters to have more time to finish them off.
  • Options
    Arijit, I am in process of getting Poe, and my Lobot will be leading soon enough:)

I am ezcited about the prospect. I use my Lobot all of the time strictly for his dispell-heal. It usually brings my team back to full health after the enemy 1st turn. In GW at least, my droids live past 1st turn. I am thinking my 5th toon will be ewok elder.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Unless you're super concerned about dark side missions, Sid isn't even desirable to farm.

Mine will probably be 6* forever, despite easily being able to finish him.
  • Options
    @Mephisto_style it will be interesting to see a team lead by Lobot, very few out there. I haven't encountered any in top 20 so far, although had been obliterated once by an HK-47 lead team. But if my poggle goes first, with his offence buff - Sid basic and Lumi special attacks are often enough to finish one of the toons before enemy's first turn, but then its all about the speeds. Good luck on your Poe, he will certainly make a difference, letting you do maximum damage on your first turn.

@Baal I would differ with you on this. At least on my server mostly the teams run with a Lumi, so I need Sid's heal block to make all my strikes count. Worst is if there is a taunter, I want the enemy toon to remain at low health till I finish the taunter and come back to him. And his AOE is handy in case someone taunted and say Enemy's Lumi or Doku or Sid is at low health, then I stirke the AOE to wipe them.

Also I make it a point to take down enemy Sid first so that my Lumi can heal if needed in round 2 or 3. So I fear him in Arena and GW which makes him important for me farm him and max 7*
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    It's not that Sid is a bad character, he's probably the best in the game on his own, but as part of a team he leaves a lot to be desired, that's why.he's done at 6*, likely never to be resumed for my purposes.
  • Options
    Baal wrote: »
    It's not that Sid is a bad character, he's probably the best in the game on his own, but as part of a team he leaves a lot to be desired, that's why.he's done at 6*, likely never to be resumed for my purposes.

Somewhat I agree. His requirement is case-by-case. For most of the F2P he is a very desirable character, unless you spend money or time and farm a high DPS team. He goes somewhat with every team, not much synergy but he does his job. So for beginners its a good starting point till you get lucky with bronzium pulls or farm characters to build a good team.

In the end what matters is if you can hit top 10/20 in Arena and clear GW on daily basis.