Where do you think the "new" credits are going?

Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
I see a lot of lvl cap increase (L.C.I.) talk and alot of ppl say No, or some other doughting statement. I know the dev spoke and said it was due to their analysis and the credit crunch was too great...

We have been asking for more credits for a while and they gave us 1M and let it play out and looked at the situation again and gave us 3-5 times as much.... this is plausible, but not reassuring as all the costs were in place and should have been found in the first round of calculations.(and that increase is a fairly large one unless someone made a mistake in the first round of calculations)

Maybe they are shifting the grind, because we all know this influx of coin will allow us to have 7* ,lvl 80 ,modded toons, but below g8 is basically useless... maybe GW or Raid fodder but GW is really the only use. Again plausible.

Both of those are short term things and with the upcoming raid seem like they can't be the only reason for more credits.

The new raid will introduce the need for new toons from the old raid (we all hope). It will reward mods (lvl 6 and 7) possibly.... and/or new gear possibly.....

With no LCI and the raid being balanced for lvl80, that means all tiers for the raid are balanced on mods lowest tier 5 dot highest tier 7 dot... that seems really hard to do (next to impossible) and that will lead to a real disparity in arena if mods are that stong... again plausible but very short term and many guilds will be at max tier fairly shortly.

New gear, this could be possible and would fall into the idea of the choke point push from credits to gear....but the gear we have placed already had a lvl of 80 so at best we would see g11 and parts of g12 open up, but without a LCI it really can't be much more then that. And let's be honest no credit crunch ever effected gear...just the grind.

All this being said I don't see how a LCI can be not released with or shortly after the new raid. Unless they totally dropped the ball and the true grind was always supposed to be gear. I see many ppl being flush with coin in a month at most with the increase we saw. I don't mean because they can't spend it but because coins are coming in faster then gear, stars and mods.

So, where do you think the "new" credits will be going?

Replies

• Options
    Mine all went to mod shipments. I went from 17 mil to 2 mil. Got about 4 mods with speed secondaries. I know for sure a level cap is not happening until next year at least. (I have two crystal balls, I know these things, it's not in the cards.)

As for the new mods coming out, 6 star and 7 star mods, yeah they'll be out sometime soon. So save up. I'm sure they'll be expensive.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    With all the faction events, mod challenges, and new raid going to pushing for new characters to farm.
    Mod shipments, which has always been there but easier to save credits for now.

I think there is plenty to spend credits on without a level cap increase.

Buying Mk5 grade a mods in shipments can improve your characters a great deal.

So no cap raise please!
  • Options
    its all about crystals. what do people buy with crystals? not credits so it doesn't make economic sense to starve them there.

some exec somewhere pointed out that the majority of crystal purchases are gear or mod bases but without credits players couldn't even get to the point of needing to spend crystals.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mine all went to mod shipments. I went from 17 mil to 2 mil. Got about 4 mods with speed secondaries. I know for sure a level cap is not happening until next year at least. (I have two crystal balls, I know these things, it's not in the cards.)

As for the new mods coming out, 6 star and 7 star mods, yeah they'll be out sometime soon. So save up. I'm sure they'll be expensive.

Unless you really know something we don't.... I see it happening before next year.

I agree about the expense towards new mods, but do you really see all tiers of the next raid differentiated by what mods we have?
    scuba wrote: »
    With all the faction events, mod challenges, and new raid going to pushing for new characters to farm.

So no cap raise please!

Yes places to spend them but not at equivalent rates. Everyone will be flush with credits fairly soon waiting on mod farming and shard farming. Unless ppl are seeing many more credit priced mods then I am or spending on the grey gamble.... the mod market is only a small portion of what everyone will spend it on.

And I'm not asking for it, just seems more likely then not. Do you really think all tiers of the next raid will be differentiated by what mods we have and nothing else?
    its all about crystals. what do people buy with crystals? not credits so it doesn't make economic sense to starve them there.

some exec somewhere pointed out that the majority of crystal purchases are gear or mod bases but without credits players couldn't even get to the point of needing to spend crystals.

^^this, probably the most plausible reason for just giving the increase for no other reason.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Unless you really know something we don't.... I see it happening before next year.

I agree about the expense towards new mods, but do you really see all tiers of the next raid differentiated by what mods we have?

So no cap raise please!

Yes places to spend them but not at equivalent rates. Everyone will be flush with credits fairly soon waiting on mod farming and shard farming. Unless ppl are seeing many more credit priced mods then I am or spending on the grey gamble.... the mod market is only a small portion of what everyone will spend it on.

And I'm not asking for it, just seems more likely then not. Do you really think all tiers of the next raid will be differentiated by what mods we have and nothing else?

^^this, probably the most plausible reason for just giving the increase for no other reason.

Your weekly income of credits maybe went up about 2M with change to credit heist, which will most likely only run once, not twice, a week.

That is 1 mod from mod shop.

Mine are going to leveling and gearing my bench. Never know what faction is coming next.

The reduction in crystals mentioned by @merioonvalhoun could be it but when I was buying crystals on a regular basis I had no issues with spending them on credits and know others that would do the same.
  • Tooltje
    188 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    CapGasp (a developer) confirmed that there are no big changes coming and the game just needed a credit boost
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

So no cap raise please!

Your weekly income of credits maybe went up about 2M with change to credit heist, which will most likely only run once, not twice, a week.

Mine are going to leveling and gearing my bench. Never know what faction is coming next.

The reduction in crystals mentioned by @merioonvalhoun could be it but when I was buying crystals on a regular basis I had no issues with spending them on credits and know others that would do the same.

Are you really seeing 1 mod a week that you think is worth it?

I agree right now after being a little short on credits there are toons I can put them into. But with drop rates what they are how long do you see that lasting?

I am no whale...maybe dolphin or some type of large fish.... and I wouldn't spend crystals on coin. That I would wait for. But I figured ppl were or they would have reworked that exchange rate.

I just see anything short of a LCI being a short term thing. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Tooltje wrote: »
    CapGasp (a developer) confirmed that there are no big changes coming and the game just needed a credit boost

I know and acknowledged that in my opening remarks. That's a bit of an understatement with a new raid coming out but yes I understand. Just looking for what other players see their credits going to in the coming weeks after they are caught up on toons and mods that have been waiting for credits. Drop rate what they are I don't see much that needs these credits tlat the rate they are now provided.
  • Options
    Wherever they went, they went there fast.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Wherever they went, they went there fast.

For now. I see 3-5M (on average ) coming in a little faster then it can go out after everyone is caught up on toons and mods that have been waiting for credits.
  • Options
    Yes the desperate need for credits to have diverse enough rosters to do multiple events/challenges and to upgrade mods is plenty of reason for the extra credits. We aren't really swimming in credits. I could spend over 100 million today just on 7* toons if I choose to. And it's not like they "gave" us an increase. I personally spent many millions on a scoundrel team. And it's an RNG based rewards amount, that comes at irregular intervals. You could theoretically get 100 million in a month (every 6 days getting max rewards), or get only 6 million in a month (every 12 days getting minimum rewards). They still hold the purse strings, and can adjust the flow as necessary. And the infrastructure is in place when the next level cap comes to add another tier to this scoundrel event, or run it more often if needed for the new credit requirements that comes with 90.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Yes the desperate need for credits to have diverse enough rosters to do multiple events/challenges and to upgrade mods is plenty of reason for the extra credits. We aren't really swimming in credits. I could spend over 100 million today just on 7* toons if I choose to. And it's not like they "gave" us an increase. I personally spent many millions on a scoundrel team. And it's an RNG based rewards amount, that comes at irregular intervals. You could theoretically get 100 million in a month (every 6 days getting max rewards), or get only 6 million in a month (every 12 days getting minimum rewards). They still hold the purse strings, and can adjust the flow as necessary. And the infrastructure is in place when the next level cap comes to add another tier to this scoundrel event, or run it more often if needed for the new credit requirements that comes with 90.

Agreed, I think the double day payed for the full investment in scoundrels and then some. With the lando and sth crossover it's a steal.

The event has been consistently run once a week on a weekday (never a weekend) as they said they would aim for , and at an average of 3-5M a week, or an additional 2-4M extra then they gave us before. The minimum would be closer to 12M a month with a max at 80M.

With the addition of around 2-4M, we will definitely be able to bring up an extra 1-2 toons a week, or max a few mods. But we will hit saturation and the rate drop is longer then the credits income, unless you are going to just bring up every toon just to say you have them 7* lvl 80.

Without gear (the new possible and intended choke point) you would be spending 100M just the have them, no real use as of yet. And there could be a new event around every corner I know.

I'm just not sure that's the full intent, it just seems like a massive increase. I am also looking to see where ppl see themselves in 2-3 weeks with this new income?
  • Options
    Half a mill ain't squat tying to level up five dot mods. So five mil is only like 9 to ten mods, so mods that is where they are going.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

So no cap raise please!

Are you really seeing 1 mod a week that you think is worth it?

I agree right now after being a little short on credits there are toons I can put them into. But with drop rates what they are how long do you see that lasting?

I am no whale...maybe dolphin or some type of large fish.... and I wouldn't spend crystals on coin. That I would wait for. But I figured ppl were or they would have reworked that exchange rate.

I just see anything short of a LCI being a short term thing. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it.

On average I see at least 1 mod a week I would consider buying if I had the coins or crystals for.

I hope your wrong also. Cause I just don't see a cap increase.
  • Options

Bingo
  • Options

Agreed, I think the double day payed for the full investment in scoundrels and then some. With the lando and sth crossover it's a steal.

The event has been consistently run once a week on a weekday (never a weekend) as they said they would aim for , and at an average of 3-5M a week, or an additional 2-4M extra then they gave us before. The minimum would be closer to 12M a month with a max at 80M.

With the addition of around 2-4M, we will definitely be able to bring up an extra 1-2 toons a week, or max a few mods. But we will hit saturation and the rate drop is longer then the credits income, unless you are going to just bring up every toon just to say you have them 7* lvl 80.

Without gear (the new possible and intended choke point) you would be spending 100M just the have them, no real use as of yet. And there could be a new event around every corner I know.

I'm just not sure that's the full intent, it just seems like a massive increase. I am also looking to see where ppl see themselves in 2-3 weeks with this new income?

The day you get the extra credits it feels like a lot, but it's only about a 65% increase overall. No one is going to sit on a glut of credits that actually wants to play events etc., people have been in starvation mode for so long, it may take a while to adjust, and learn not to squander their every resource. There are plenty of other gates, this one was not needed. If people have credits, they will be more likely to buy shards and refreshes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    LordRath wrote: »

The day you get the extra credits it feels like a lot, but it's only about a 65% increase overall. No one is going to sit on a glut of credits that actually wants to play events etc., people have been in starvation mode for so long, it may take a while to adjust, and learn not to squander their every resource. There are plenty of other gates, this one was not needed. If people have credits, they will be more likely to buy shards and refreshes.

I know it feels like like a lot right now and overall with RNG we will "more" but not a definite amount. But to say all this coin is only for lvl and stars just doesn't seem right. Overall this increase if used right away on toon we all have sidelined due to credit crunch....that only goes so far. 2 months max to get the toons ppl sidelined that they feel are useful. And I just feel that the next month ppl will be staring and lvl the toons they feel useful and the next month is just toons that might be useful but with grinding gear and mods will there be enough toons or will the coins start to build up....I just don't see another outlet.

Again this is all conjecture and I don't want another LCI yet, I'm just looking for a reason behind this that doesn't seem to only be a short term thing.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Look at different way, say a new level cap raise happens, dear go no, but say it does. Probably take the average person 3-4 weeks to get new player level, leveling characters during that time an maybe a month after to get the rest up. So in a couple months you are now exactly at the same point you are now with same things to spend credits on just at a higher level. Yes there is gear farming but that does not use as many credits.

I don't see this as a push to next cap.

They have and are adding many things in game pushing for new characters, and also adding new interesting characters. All these things take credits. Next raid will probably have mk6 mods as rewards that will probably cost around 1m each to level. Maybe new challenges to farm mk6 or other mods . I am guessing the Ewok assault battle will be back soon.

Content adds can easily add many more things to keep sucking up credits, and is better for the game than raising cap. It expands the game out instead of just up.
  • Options

I know it feels like like a lot right now and overall with RNG we will "more" but not a definite amount. But to say all this coin is only for lvl and stars just doesn't seem right. Overall this increase if used right away on toon we all have sidelined due to credit crunch....that only goes so far. 2 months max to get the toons ppl sidelined that they feel are useful. And I just feel that the next month ppl will be staring and lvl the toons they feel useful and the next month is just toons that might be useful but with grinding gear and mods will there be enough toons or will the coins start to build up....I just don't see another outlet.

Again this is all conjecture and I don't want another LCI yet, I'm just looking for a reason behind this that doesn't seem to only be a short term thing.

Do the math, your assumption is wrong for most players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Look at different way, say a new level cap raise happens, dear go no, but say it does. Probably take the average person 3-4 weeks to get new player level, leveling characters during that time an maybe a month after to get the rest up. So in a couple months you are now exactly at the same point you are now with same things to spend credits on just at a higher level. Yes there is gear farming but that does not use as many credits.

I don't see this as a push to next cap.

They have and are adding many things in game pushing for new characters, and also adding new interesting characters. All these things take credits. Next raid will probably have mk6 mods as rewards that will probably cost around 1m each to level. Maybe new challenges to farm mk6 or other mods . I am guessing the Ewok assault battle will be back soon.

Content adds can easily add many more things to keep sucking up credits, and is better for the game than raising cap. It expands the game out instead of just up.

All true and good points. I do hope you are right. Unless more toons are released in easier to farm ways (gw store, arena store) I don't see them being farmable quick enough to soak up credits quick enough, but again who knows. But the most recent releases ( all of which are great assets and could never be farmed quick enough) 1 node farming....**** that's a grind.

I mean all of this to be conjecture about a month in the future once we all settle up on our toons waiting for credits right now.
  • Options
    You can also get 3.6m per week buying the credits in arena shipments finishing at least top 2 with a few days of top 3.
    Also, finishing 21-50 everyday, you would only be 50 tokens short of buying 3m every week.
  • Options
    I'm not getting credits from Galactic War. My A team starts dying at node six. I'm at level 77 and it feels like this game is pretty much geared for maxed out level 80 players.

Can't maintain an arena ranking long enough to earn enough to buy credits in the arena store. I often have to spend crystals on credits to train my characters. Most of mine are stuck in the 50's because I don't have the credits to train them up.

I also have multiple characters ready to move up to seven stars, but I don't have several million credits to do it. Lack of credits is one of my biggest problems right now.

So yes, there are players out there who are stuck and really in need of credits.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

That's helpful, and probably true, but I am talking about ppl at lvl 80 and trying to play the whole game....to me that means by lvl 80 you have a fairly set arena team, have or are working up the raid meta,and are completing the scoundrel events at top lvl, and can complete GW. And all these toons are modded. In this case I would think yes the toons you feel are useful are on your roster or waiting for coins to become useful to your roster.

We are looking at fully lvl in and starring 50% more toons then before. At that rate vs the rate they are adding toons it's going to get interesting.

If you get a chance I would love to hear what you think you will be spending credits on after the next 2-4 weeks....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I'm not getting credits from Galactic War. My A team starts dying at node six. I'm at level 77 and it feels like this game is pretty much geared for maxed out level 80 players.

Can't maintain an arena ranking long enough to earn enough to buy credits in the arena store. I often have to spend crystals on credits to train my characters. Most of mine are stuck in the 50's because I don't have the credits to train them up.

I also have multiple characters ready to move up to seven stars, but I don't have several million credits to do it. Lack of credits is one of my biggest problems right now.

So yes, there are players out there who are stuck and really in need of credits.

Good to know, and happy to hear they made this move for a good reason. When did you start?

Can you complete the top scoundrel event?
    A month down the road do you see yourself having enough toons and useful mods to keep sopping up the credits?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

That's helpful, and probably true, but I am talking about ppl at lvl 80 and trying to play the whole game....to me that means by lvl 80 you have a fairly set arena team, have or are working up the raid meta,and are completing the scoundrel events at top lvl, and can complete GW. And all these toons are modded. In this case I would think yes the toons you feel are useful are on your roster or waiting for coins to become useful to your roster.

We are looking at fully lvl in and starring 50% more toons then before. At that rate vs the rate they are adding toons it's going to get interesting.

If you get a chance I would love to hear what you think you will be spending credits on after the next 2-4 weeks....

The next couple weeks and for many to come will be charaters, always working on couple at a time and once new raid drops upgrading mk6 mods every week.