is there some top players here that has ahsoka in their PvP?

AnakinVader30
37 posts Member
edited January 2016
i'm feeling skeptical whether to continue farming her in the cantina or should i choose another toon. i feel like i invested too much on her.
btw she is currentl lvl53 4*(44/65 shards) 6G(5/6gears)

oh and can i synergized her with my current PvP team?
Lvl 56 Sid 5*(66/85 shards) 7G (leader)
Lvl 56 Lumi 6*(71/100 shards) 7G
Lvl 55 Luke 4* 6G(5/6 gears)
Lvl 55 Phasma 4* 6G(5/6 gears)
Lvl 55 JC 4* 7G (5/6 gears)
I am planning to replace phasma with ahsoka because i have read in a different thread that she has a high crit damage and a group heal. is this a good move? thanks for the future response =)

Replies

• alkaiser93
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Actually, no pros uses Ashoka on their teams. On paper, the skills sounds nice for sure. But they aren't that good.

If you want to take advantage of her healing, you need to build a team entirely based on maximize crit chance, which is how her healing depends on. Also, she doesn't have that much health. You current team looks fine to me. I would replace JC with Kylo/Anakin/Dooku if you have one of them, or Barriss/Daka if you want an extra healer.
  • Options
    @alkaiser93 thanks for the tip! i have just unlock Dooku so I'm star him up and replace JC for sure! thanks again!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Im buildng ahska next but more because i like her then her being good. I hear shes underrated at endgame but still not viable in arena
  • Options
    I have her 7* level 62 full gear , She is good , but She is on a b team.
    I prefer sid lumi barris doku daka/ jc
  • TogrutaPower
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    She has excellent physical damage and the highest physical crit of any hero, and decent armor pen but she has one achilles heel, speed. She's extremely slow. There are a couple of ways to make her viable in my opinion, a Jedi/Nighsister team with her as the lead. She gets turn meter on evade, which is ok but heavily rng. QGJ lead makes her very good. Alternatively you can put sidious as the lead and put her damage potential through the roof.

If you're going to play her I would strongly recommend QGJ and Aayla, if you're lucky enough to have them, or Sidious if you don't. I think she's actually one of the better options on a crit team.

Come to think of it, with daring padawan she would be pretty **** good on a dooku led team. Throw in luminara and you have a pretty sick evade team.

I currently have her as my lead with Lumi, Bariss, Asajj and Old Daka and I'm ranked like 32 right now. I'm pretty much the only person in the universe using her as a lead so take that information with a grain of salt. I just like her a lot.
  • Options
    I usually finish top 20 and top 10 if I put some snipe effort in.

I do use her at 6* against som teams. She is great but has some pretty giant weaknesses against the current meta.

PROS:
    hits decently hard
    Self heals
    Chance at group heal
    Cool animation.

CONS
    She's Jedi so she's weaker against Sid
    She's pretty freaking slow, bad in the speed meta
    Health is tied to allies

I wouldn't put her in a top tier team as a general rule. The fact that Jedi teams are totally destroyed by easily farmed heroes makes that the case. Maybe it'll balance out later but I don't want Jedi ruling the world either.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly I've been looking at speed more then any other Stat when considering them for pvp, and this is why I stopped farming her. She needs a major speed bump to be considered top tier right now.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • Options
    I have her at seven and one of my builds is an all Jedi team and to be honest she is always a 6th or seventh choice.

There are better Jedi, damage dealers, better healers, better everything.

She might be neat in a Nightsister build tho. :)
  • Options
    I use her as my lead in Nightsisters, but I'm ranked 150th. I like her, but I'm going to be moving into a full Nightsister team for other reasons.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Ahsoka has great attack and is very durable. Never goes down early in the fight. If you find ways of turn meter manipulation, her utility would increase dramatically. QGJ and Aayla is one good alternative for sure. Ima-Gun Di and Phasma may be viable too.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I wish I could use her more. She looks so good. Sadly not viable in high end pvp
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    IMO her heal/crit skill would have to proc evertime before I'd consider her.
  • Options
    I tried her early on, and wasn't happy. They later buffed her and became more viable. The problem with her isnthat she is never a real threat nor can turn things around. If you can't turn things around, stun or heal reliably, I can't use you.
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Options
    No.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    Ahsoka's crit means that she can reliably deliver a hard punch, where other dps might fail.
    She regularly punches through sid where lumi might fail.

She has high agility means that, despite low health she is durable with armor and evasion.

Her specialties are built around evasion, but the turn meter benefits are too weak and too late in coming.

She is, sadly, a good filler and nothing special.
    Phasma is a specialized character who is essentialy a turn meter manipulator. You don't use phasma to pack a punch but to slow enemies and hasten allies.
    The two are completely different.

Most usually people compare Ahsoka with Aayla.
    I regularly run them both (ranks 70 to 30 ish)

Generally
    Aayla is good at everything but unpromotable
    Ahsoka is moderate at everything but promotable.

Run Ahsoka if you have all your bases covered in a well rounded build and want a reliable hitter.

PS night sister and jedi evasion bonuses are kjnda weak.
  • Options
    With Sid and Dooku in every arena team, Jedi's are worthless nowadays.
  • Options
    With Sid and Dooku in every arena team, Jedi's are worthless nowadays.

Lol.. Good luck with that.

• Options
    Just remember though that she is farmable through Cantina Shipments, highly contested for and the slowest farm.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    i'm feeling skeptical whether to continue farming her in the cantina or should i choose another toon. i feel like i invested too much on her.

I am planning to replace phasma with ahsoka because i have read in a different thread that she has a high crit damage and a group heal. is this a good move? thanks for the future response =)

4* really isn't too much to start over and you can always come back to her. I put in 5* and 40 shards towards Bobba before deciding he wasn't the best pick. The nice thing is she can help you with light side missions, so it wasn't a waste of time.

I think there are two ways to think about it: (1) if you continue her, you'll have a 7* team earlier than if you switch, which will win you some arena battles. (2) If you switch, you can pick a stronger character for the long run.

I would switch to Poe or Dakka in your shoes (Poe has been really good for me).
  • Options
    Just remember though that she is farmable through Cantina Shipments, highly contested for and the slowest farm.

She's also farmable on DS 4-C and LS 5-D hard nodes.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »

4* really isn't too much to start over and you can always come back to her. I put in 5* and 40 shards towards Bobba before deciding he wasn't the best pick. The nice thing is she can help you with light side missions, so it wasn't a waste of time.

I think there are two ways to think about it: (1) if you continue her, you'll have a 7* team earlier than if you switch, which will win you some arena battles. (2) If you switch, you can pick a stronger character for the long run.

I would switch to Poe or Dakka in your shoes (Poe has been really good for me).

Poe is great for Arena (and GW) but you'll need Daka to make it through higher level DS PvE, where you'll go to farm purple gear and open up more shard nodes for toons like FOTP, since the only other DS healer is Talia and let's be frank, she sucks.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    thanks for the tips guys!

based on your replies she is not the best fit for my current team. so i will stop farming her even though she is almost 5* :'( but which one do you guys prefer i go to use my cantina gems to? poe or daka? i am thinking poe but i am still stuck at my 5-H battle at DS.
  • Options
    IMO ahsoka is a solid back up character. Useful in GW and on light side missions, but there are more versatile or effective toons that can easily take her place.

she is easy to star up/gear up though
  • Options
    antooki wrote: »
    IMO ahsoka is a solid back up character. Useful in GW and on light side missions, but there are more versatile or effective toons that can easily take her place.

she is easy to star up/gear up though

I agree with you, i use her in GW for backup only thats why i still keep her leveled up but i think i should stop farming her once i get her in 5* and choose a different toon to use the cantina gem. i just don't know yet who to farm. poe or daka? just as i stated above, i am thinking poe will fit more in my current team to replace JC but i'm having a hard time to clear the stage 5 battles of the DS. that is why i seek advice to you guys which one of them will benefit me more in the long run :)
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I just like her a lot.

Just had to point out that relevant user name is relevant. #teamAhsoka