Mod help (Speed mods in arena)

Hi everyone first time poster but long time follower of the forums and game, I was wondering what people do when they can't get those in demand secondary mods 30+ speed.

I've had multiple refreshes on both cantina and shipments and yet to come across one despite having multiple mods at least a thousand at a guess.

I was not concerned but now on my server all the top 10 arena teams are max speed mod and I always go last which as you guess with all the empire or area of effect teams it usually doesn't end well, I was thinking of trying to complete the speed mod challenges so I don't have to rely on getting lucky with secondary stats, any suggestions?

Replies

• Options
    The only way to get the higher speed secondaries is to start with a better quality mod with speed as a secondary and get lucky when leveling it. The only way to get those is to buy in the shop, or farm for them. Speed sets will only give 10% of base speed, which isn't much.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Scourge194
    390 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    The only way to get the higher speed secondaries is to start with a better quality mod with speed as a secondary and get lucky when leveling it. The only way to get those is to buy in the shop, or farm for them. Speed sets will only give 10% of base speed, which isn't much.

Does speed have to be top of the list for it to end up a high number? What if you start upgrading a mod with no speed initially, and then it does get added? Is it worth just trying your luck?
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Options

That's my issue coming across those secondary speed bonuses, was curious if people have luck in the arena without good mods for speed, my arena server suggests it difficult to do without, I've even tried looking for the mods in shipments but no luck as of yet.
  • Options
    Scourge194 wrote: »

Does speed have to be top of the list for it to end up a high number? What if you start upgrading a mod with no speed initially, and then it does get added? Is it worth just trying your luck?

No, it doesn't have to be at the top of the list. If you upgrade a mod with no speed initially, it has a chance to get speed, but won't be as high as if you started with speed and it got upgraded.

If you start with a quality A mod that has speed listed as a secondary, you have four chances (levels 3, 6, 9, 12) to gain more speed. You can't control which secondary gets upgraded unfortunately, it can add to any of the four secondaries, but you get four chances to get more speed.

If you start with say a quality D (green) mod with speed as the only secondary, when you level that mod, it will gain more speed at level 3, then at 6, 9, and 12 it will add another secondary. So a green with secondary speed will gain more speed once.

If you start with a quality C (blue) mod with speed as one of its two starting secondaries, it will have a 50/50 shot of gaining more speed at levels 3 and 6, then will add more secondaries at 9 and 12. So you will have a chance to add to speed secondary twice.

Same thing with quality B (purple), it starts with three secondaries and has a chance to add to them at 3, 6, and 9. At 12 it will add a fourth secondary. So you will have 3 chances to add more speed.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    Sometimes I wonder if the mods brought more strategy to the game or destroyed strategy adding the "luck factor".
  • Options
    Sometimes I wonder if the mods brought more strategy to the game or destroyed strategy adding the "luck factor".

That was my issue, I can tolerate the whole pay to win or strategy but when it feels like a lottery it can be a little frustrating, but besides that I love the game, hopefully they find some middle ground.
  • Options
    Yes it's all about luck. You could score a mod that comes with +5 speed secondary, level it up, and speed may not increase.

• Options
    DannyAkky wrote: »

That was my issue, I can tolerate the whole pay to win or strategy but when it feels like a lottery it can be a little frustrating, but besides that I love the game, hopefully they find some middle ground.

Me too.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    markusfive wrote: »
    Yes it's all about luck. You could score a mod that comes with +5 speed secondary, level it up, and speed may not increase.

Unless that mod is what color markus?
  • Options
    The new speed mod meta is absurd and obscene.

Never felt closer to quitting since starting the game on day one and spending thousands.

Good luck to these lads who have insane speed mod meta teams. These lads have 30 mods the likes of which I've never seen drop once.

Arena is now a hopeless exercise. I spend hours juggling round the mods I have trying to come up with a combination that might just have a chance but it just means I've wasted my evening.

Who goes first wins, the other stats are utterly irrelevant.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    MackemSLAM wrote: »
    The new speed mod meta is absurd and obscene.

Never felt closer to quitting since starting the game on day one and spending thousands.

Good luck to these lads who have insane speed mod meta teams. These lads have 30 mods the likes of which I've never seen drop once.

Arena is now a hopeless exercise. I spend hours juggling round the mods I have trying to come up with a combination that might just have a chance but it just means I've wasted my evening.

Who goes first wins, the other stats are utterly irrelevant.

your opponents bought the mods in the shipments since farming 80% of the time its a grey mod that drops.
    whale more and buy mods with vaults. there is a reason its a fixed 15 crystal refresh
  • Options

Luck.