Let's talk Trio Hero Synergy

Nukin
415 posts Member
edited September 2016
After the rework and introducing some heroes who have duo synergy with one another like Biggs and Wedge. I'm proposing the same concept but adding 1 more hero.

An example I have is with: Vader, Palpatine, & Tarkin.

A rework isn't necessary but would definitely be cool. Vader and Tarkin definitely need a little boost. If a player decides to run these three heroes on the same team they would get some sort of special bonus. Whether it be speed, damage, or w/e you can think of really. There would be a duo bonus if a player uses two heroes and a special trio bonus if a THIRD hero is added...or just a slightly stronger duo bonus.

Another trio that would be cool would be: Veers, Magmatrooper, and Snowtrooper.

Veers could be the leader of the troopers or something. Pew pew blast em!

These trios don't have to be class specific either another trio could be: Rey, Leia, & Han (resistance & rebels).

What do you guys think?

Replies

• Options
    Basically I support horizontal buffing over straight up individual hero buffing. The only way to balance a game in the long term.
  • Options
    Mmm horizontal buffing....

But yeah, I like the idea. I can think of plenty of 'mini combos' that make sense. I think the current setup is slightly dumb where Old Ben can make say RG dodge like a ****... But maybe Old Ben and Luke? That makes sense.
  • Options
    Anakin + Ashoka + Rex
    Rey + Poe + Finn
    Maul + savage + nightsisters (more a tag thing)
    Sidious + Dooku + Asajj + Grevoius?
    Han + chewie (technically he's clone wars but whatever) + lando
  • Options
    I like it! Right now it's just to easy to throw in random heroes to fight which have zero historical or screen time together and we end up with a squad full of individuals.
  • Options
    I could see dooku and sidious or dooku and grevious or dooku and asaji maybe grevious. It I don't think its make sense to add sidious to the 3 of them.

Sidious only really talked to dooku and when we found out about asaji he wanted her dead.
  • Options
    i like it
  • Options
    Yes, i definitely see alot of synergy.

Luke Skywalker + Rebel Luke + Jedi Knight Luke

Anakin Skywalker + Darth Vader + Emperor Palpatine

Clone Wars Chewbacca + Rebel Chewbacca + War Hero Chewbacca

Padawan Kenobi + General Kenobi + Old Ben

Han Solo + Stormtrooper Han Solo + Old Han Solo (Resistance)
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Wait I thought to bring balance we need to nerf sth, or was it AoE oh no it is speed mods.. Now to bring balance you want to buff the team that you use which includes 3 AoE's that you previously wanted to reduce the damage of by 90%??
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Wait I thought to bring balance we need to nerf sth, or was it AoE oh no it is speed mods.. Now to bring balance you want to buff the team that you use which includes 3 AoE's that you previously wanted to reduce the damage of by 90%??

Ooohwee. Lol. I was going to just hang back and watch this one but this is too true lol.

Not only that, he started this right after someone else brought it up on another post.

#hijackthatidearightmeow!
  • Options
    Yes, i definitely see alot of synergy.

Luke Skywalker + Rebel Luke + Jedi Knight Luke

Anakin Skywalker + Darth Vader + Emperor Palpatine

Clone Wars Chewbacca + Rebel Chewbacca + War Hero Chewbacca

Padawan Kenobi + General Kenobi + Old Ben

Han Solo + Stormtrooper Han Solo + Old Han Solo (Resistance)

Not exactly what I was thinking lol
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Anakin + Ashoka + Rex
    Rey + Poe + Finn
    Maul + savage + nightsisters (more a tag thing)
    Sidious + Dooku + Asajj + Grevoius?
    Han + chewie (technically he's clone wars but whatever) + lando

Nice ones!
  • Options
    i like the idea of this. This would also change up the same played teams because they could choose who they actually like and get that little trio buff.