Furnace to Rey, or Anakin?

RedXVIISpence
249 posts Member
edited September 2016
Hey guys ive haveing trouble deciding if I should give this full furnace i got to. Rey to gear X..JKAnakin to get to gear 9(also need 26 more stun cuffs). In GW and Arena i usually run either JKA lead, rey, QGJ palp, and STH. Or Palp, Rey(or vader),JKA, RG, and QGJ... Other top toons i use are Ahsoka, Leia, AA, Lando, Fives, Phasma, and Dooku. Amongst some others. just to give an idea of my playstyle. Thought about giving it to Lando to gear 9, but im pretty set on JKA or Rey.

Im F2P for the most part, especially right now. so i may not get another furnace for a while, unless i get lucky with raids rewards.. Thoughts?

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I think if I had to pick I'd go Anakin, he just has so much more to offer than just power though he is powerful in his own right.
  • Options
    My thoughts exactly.. My Rey pretty much serves her purpose, atleast for now. And i feel like JKA will make alot of difference at g9. Because then its hard to pick to kill Anakin, Rey, or Palp first too. Now they will be forced to kill JKA first, almost. Letting the others tear into em.
  • Options
    Anakin. Firstly he hits like Rey, secondly he has great leader abilities.
    Also the new Raid is going make Jedi more effective, so it is better to make Anakin stronger.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    If you had asked this a month ago, I would have said, without a second thought, Rey. Now that the game continues and changes, I am not so sure she is the right pick anymore. At this point, I might have to say Anakin, for the first time in a long time.
  • Options
    rey still hits like a truck on her first 2 attacks and has great speed, she is not quite a lame duck yet.

having said that, more arena teams have JKA now than rey at the top of my shard and the "trend" seems to be jka and aoe.

kind of also depends what the need is. if you need a leader, JKA. if you are running rebels w/ ackbar or still doing rancor raid... then Rey.

Also, a little off topic, how do you recommend modding JKA?
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin because he gets targeted first and that extra 5k prot is more useful on him.
  • Options
    rey still hits like a truck on her first 2 attacks and has great speed, she is not quite a lame duck yet.

A truck? LOL. Hardly, I am thinking did you see "Deep Impact" That would be a flesh wound compared to Rey..

She smacks you into next week!
  • RedXVIISpence
    249 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thx guys for the input! I put the furnace on anakin, now farming the cuffs needed to gear9 him.

I Have anakin modded with health mods on the bottom 4. and the top 2 are crit chance mods.Speed on the arrow, of course offense and speed on the square. Crit chance triangle wit speed secondary, offense cross wit speed secondary, may switch to potency cross if i get one with speed on it too. Protection and speed on the circle. TriaNgle wit protection and speed as secondaries.
  • Options
    You won't regret it. Rey is still a viable single target glass cannon, but Anakin has a lot more versatility
  • RedXVIISpence
    249 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I think so too. I can deal with my rey the way she is, with how ive modded her.
    Post edited by RedXVIISpence on
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Greatly modded Rey is still very useful but Anakin can be modded a bit worse and still do great.

Rey would require top tier mods, on the other hand, Anakin is fine with medium ones.
  • Options
    ani no question
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Thx guys for the input! I put the furnace on anakin, now farming the cuffs needed to gear9 him.

I Have anakin modded with health mods on the bottom 4. and the top 2 are crit chance mods.Speed on the arrow, of course offense and speed on the square. Crit chance triangle wit speed secondary, offense cross wit speed secondary, may switch to potency cross if i get one with speed on it too. Protection and speed on the circle. TriaNgle wit protection and speed as secondaries.
    I like my anakin with good potency to make sure the BI sticks