Will PVP ever get fixed?

I'm really sick of playing PVP where the enemy team ALWAYS has bonus attacks and dodges, stuns and inflicts negative status effects 99% of the time where I never dodge, never get bonus attacks, and never inflict status effects even if I build my team around them.

It doesn't matter what level they are either, you would think having a 10 level advantage would at least help you hit an enemy opponent who has no dodge bonus and not built around it but nope! dodge it is.

It feels pointless to build a team around enemy teams to have an "advantage" but because of the terrible RNG it's completely pointless.

Replies

• Options
    So an easy win turned into an RNG farce, they got a bonus attack on every single attack, not only that they had constant stuns. 2 enemy's got 12 bonus attacks on 2 turns, how the hell is that even possible!
  • Options
    I don´t want to sound rude, but PVP is a joke right now. If you have good mods and good chars you will beat every team. For sure sometimes RNG is against you. I had a bad day yesterday, lost several times against teams i normally beat easily. Sith happens. Your complaints sound like ranks 100-500 and Phasma/OB lead teams all around. There is always an answer to every team comp in PVP - if you have well geared chars and decent mods. In top Arena battles are decided within 15-20 seconds. You wouldn´t complain anymore about time running out, rather about having your first turn when 2-3 of your chars are already dead. If you have problems you should ask your guildies, or post your roster/mods here, post your opponent, and people could tell you how to beat this team.
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Options
    The PVP in this game was always one sided. This is becuase you are fighting an AI. You never fight and actual person so the only one with tactics on their side is you they player. I agree the negative status effects is awful and unbalanced, but the dodging is the only way the AI can hope to survive against and actual player. This is why there is a "meta" squad. These squads are tried and tested to be useful enough on offence to beat people, and annoying enough for people to not want to attack.
  • Options
    The PVP in this game was always one sided. This is becuase you are fighting an AI. You never fight and actual person so the only one with tactics on their side is you they player. I agree the negative status effects is awful and unbalanced, but the dodging is the only way the AI can hope to survive against and actual player. This is why there is a "meta" squad. These squads are tried and tested to be useful enough on offence to beat people, and annoying enough for people to not want to attack.

Well I just had a match where the enemy team dodged every. single. attack. and the time ran out, if this kind of thing is possible there is a major problem with the PVP and it looks like they're refusing to even look at it. I'm fine with the AI having a bit of an advantage but in it's current state they have WAY too much of an advantage.

I never thought it statistically possible for an enemy team to dodge all attacks.
  • Options
    No you didn't...
  • Options
    It isn't...
  • Options

Well I just had a match where the enemy team dodged every. single. attack. and the time ran out, if this kind of thing is possible there is a major problem with the PVP and it looks like they're refusing to even look at it. I'm fine with the AI having a bit of an advantage but in it's current state they have WAY too much of an advantage.

I never thought it statistically possible for an enemy team to dodge all attacks.

I'm just saying that's not the worst thing to have happened to a player. It sucks having them seem to evade everything but that why they introduced toons that are more or less Anti Evade, as well as Accuracy mods. It could be worse should they rework Boba to have a stronger presence. I once had him revive 7 times back to back to back with my Maul killing him each time. It felt like a never ending loop and it got down to the wire on the time limit.
  • Options
    I've lost a PVP battle once out of 500+ battles due to time running out. There's some correctable issue with your squad going on (characters or mods) if that's a consistent problem for you.
  • Options
    Hate to say but youre living in the past. Dodge hasnt been a thing for about a month and a half now. I mean, I get it, youre having problems. Wait until you come across a wiggs landakin with an st han. You wont even get a turn before you die.
  • Options
    Wiggs landakin? LOL
  • Options
    Wiggs landakin? LOL

Wiggs lando, anakin
  • Options
    God I can't even describe how much I hate bonus attack in PVP they're just that awful and how much I absolutely despise Rey.
  • Silentwalker
    42 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    So one thing I never understood was when multiple characters get bonus attacks off one enemies attack. For example if I get attacked by 1 character who uses an assist attack why is it that some times that the whole team assists and not just 1 but all 5?

Or some one uses an non assist attack yet 3 people attack at the same time?

Even going though enemy team skills that I have just fought there is nothing to indicate that this should be happening.
  • Options
    Reposting because mod removed asterisk texts.

Yep come across them too.
    Just had a match where the enemy team had 100% bonus attack chance and cleared my team before I was able to do anything. I also extremely hate Rey, Why should she be able to 1 shot a character with 30k hp without any buffs or bonus attack.
    PVP atm is 100% based on rng, if the enemy team rolls well then you're *Asterisk Symbol* regardless of your team.

Maybe this will be removed too for having Asterisk Symbols in my post.

Teams I hate the most though at the HK setup teams, they hit so **** hard and quick that I feel powerless to do anything about it, even when trying to build a team around it, it feels pointless.
  • Options

Just had a match where the enemy team had 100% bonus attack chance and cleared my team before I was able to do anything. I also extremely hate Rey, Why should she be able to 1 shot a character with 30k hp without any buffs or bonus attack.
    PVP atm is 100% based on rng, if the enemy team rolls well then you're *Asterisk Symbol* regardless of your team.

Teams I hate the most though at the HK setup teams, they hit so **** hard and quick that I feel powerless to do anything about it, even when trying to build a team around it, it feels pointless.

Hate to break it to you but that just the nature of the games PVP. It's mostly RNG if not completely RNG. Sure there is the aspect that the player should always win on offence but frankly the meta squads now don't care at all. Just put Wiggs in your squad with Lando a tank and EP and you are golden in the eyes of the RNG gods. Take a look at my thread on how to fix the PVP
  • Options

Hate to break it to you but that just the nature of the games PVP. It's mostly RNG if not completely RNG. Sure there is the aspect that the player should always win on offence but frankly the meta squads now don't care at all. Just put Wiggs in your squad with Lando a tank and EP and you are golden in the eyes of the RNG gods. Take a look at my thread on how to fix the PVP

It's ridiculous, it's so unbalanced. Games that are not based on skill and based on rng are a flaw in the games design. Since I have been posting in this thread they have buffed enemy teams even further. It's like they have no idea what they're doing.
  • Options

It's ridiculous, it's so unbalanced. Games that are not based on skill and based on rng are a flaw in the games design. Since I have been posting in this thread they have buffed enemy teams even further. It's like they have no idea what they're doing.
    [/quote]

Dude! Stop whining about everything! It's just a game lol, CHILL.

May the force be with you
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing that could 'fix' pvp is if they offered live pvp, but that would mean sorting by players available, and ranks based on arena points not absolute rank, and that would mean less assurance that you could reach higher payouts by spending money, so, less people spending money.

I think their science suggests a poopoo mechanic that assures some will pay is preferential to a reasonably enjoyable mechanic with less assurance of wallets opening.
  • Options
    At the top of the servers, anyone can beat any team with a sensible squad. The AI is just garbage. I mean, when AI Sun Fac tries to taunt but has ability block on (from B2), you know the AI is garbage. But you also have to accept the fact that you will also lose every time when someone fights you too (well, 98% of the time). That's the nature of the Arena.
    If you are having trouble with squads whipping on you without you getting a shot, then I would invest in Speed Mods, or using a leader that gives Speed bonus (i.e. QGJ, Lando, Ackbar, etc.)

And as another poster said, wait until the top 30 or so. You'll have Droid groups that go super fast, Wiggs/Lando crews that AoE you (with of course the Biggs 1 shot assist kill), Sun Fac with around 10k HP that can taunt and dispell all your buffs with it's basic attack, and JKA who gets a free turn every time someone dips below 50% health or dies.