What to do with my guild?

Prev1
First time poster here. I am currently in a guild that recently moved up to T5 raids. I'm an officer in the guild and am top 1 or 2 in every raid. I'm enjoying the recent upgrades in raids along with the multiple pieces of gear, but I'm torn with what I should do though.

Everything I'm reading on forums says I should jump ship and join a T7 guild. I do enjoy my guild mates and would like to progress with them. I mean it would be nice to earn 1-3 place for T7 raids when we get there plus the new raid whenever that comes. Problem is that the participation is low and we will finish raids with like 10 people never even entering raid despite being open for 3-4 days. At the same time, moving from top now to the bottom doesn't sound too appealing. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Options
    In a similar spot. Joined friends guild low participation. Dropping in arena cause I can't get raid gear. Feels wrong to dump guild tho.
  • Mithrawnuodo
    303 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    We have a guy in my guild that used to be in a tier 7 guild.
    Came to us because we knew him from other games we played together.
    We just started t6 raids a week or 2 ago, and he pretty much carries us through in 2 days.
    There are only 2 of us who can do half what he does for damage...
    Wish I could say it's great, but I feel like our guild holds him back...
    Point being, say what's on your mind to your guild mates.
    Can't know how they'd feel about you leaving for a while, or forever, if you never ask.
    My friend made it clear he would rather wait for us to catch up, than to run the raids with people who don't know or care about him as an individual, but only as a coin generator...

If you like your guild mates, stay. Be patient. Teach them. They'll catch up. Or take your actives somewhere where another guild needs a large active group, and has a similar mindset/goals to your own. Merges can be a huge help.

My .02
    Hope it all makes sense, kinda tired. Lol.

Edit: if you have like 10 actives and need a guild to merge with...
    Contact me.
    :wink:
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    If u r an officer, why not remove the lazy people and get some that r active.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »

That sounds great, on paper.
    Reality being, not everyone has the time, or the necessary knowledge of WHERE to find said players.
    But I see what you mean.
  • Options
    T7 raids FTW

rewards in T7, even at bottom positions, is better then top in lower raids

Gotta make the switch!
  • Options
    My guild is almost T7 ready. There are several us, mostly my officers that do most of the damage. We go between T6 and T5 raids. Those of us in the top five hold back and work on B or lower squads in the T5 raids and are starting to in the T6 raids as well. This is to allow our active lower level players catch up to us so we can finish T7's when we move up.

Communication is key here. We have adopted a system that allows players to finish in the top 3 of T5's so they can get stronger. Once they are able to solo P1 of T5 three times we move them into the hold back group and up to the P1 T6 group.

This or something similar could help your guys get better. We do this out of loyalty to each other and have only lost a few people to quitting the game entirely
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »

That sounds great, on paper.
    Reality being, not everyone has the time, or the necessary knowledge of WHERE to find said players.
    But I see what you mean.

I'm been removing them but the intake of new players who can compete in raids is minimal to say the least. Where is a good place to recruit active players who actually want to do T5 raid?
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I was in the same situation two months ago. The guild leader was decently active but his toons were terrible. We were struggling with Tier 3 raids when we should have been smashing T5 raids at the very least.

I ended up joining a guild with 90% lvl cap players. The difference in guild activities alone was worth the switch. Most of the time with the daily guild challenge in my old guild I would finish 1st place and get 69 coins because of low participation. Now I often end up getting 200+ coins a day because guildies are actually getting us to higher reward tiers. Plus my new guild earns more currency for raids which means we DO more raids.

I went from being number 1 in tier 3 raids to number 45 or worse in T5 and T6 raids. It was a blow to my pride but it spurned me on to star up more toons and grind for the pain in the butt gear pieces I needed. Now after 2 months I easily finish in the teens, sometimes top 10 and we are doing straight Heroic raids now.

The guild leader and officers do a good job organizing and letting weaker guildies get better rewards in raids and it has been a great experience over all :)

I would suggest finding a guild through the forums rather than just picking a new random guild. I was able to ask questions to 3 different guilds and was fortunate enough to get invited to what I think has been an awesome group.

EDIT:
    Also, I am still allies with one of the guys who was just a couple weeks behind me as far as progress.

I checked his inventory and while he has done a good job in starring and leveling toons, his gear levels are way behind. His arena rank seems to have suffered as well.

I wish there was a way to communicate with him to invite him to my guild but in-game communication with people outside of guild is nonexistent.
  • Options
    There are more guilds than high level players. It has taken me a long time to get the 27 active raiders I have. And there are a number of part timers in my guild as well. They dont hurt us much and get what rewards they earn for limited play.

+1 to Gaidal's post.
  • Options
    I faced the same situation as you a month or two ago. I was an officer of a casual T5/T6 guild that I really enjoyed, good people, etc. and I placed 1-2 in all the raids.

It was a tough decision but I made the jump to Team Instinct (t7 guild) and have no regrets. Theres a lot if interaction between members and it has been a lot of fun. I'd imagine most t7 guilds have a lot more interaction vs casual t6 or lower guilds.

I generally place around 15-25 in t7 raids now and I have so much raid gear right and over 13k guild currency that I'm not really using, not to mention I'm about to obtain my Han Solo.

I can tell you with 110% certainty it was a good move for me and you'll get a lot more loot placing mid (even last) place in a T7 guild than you will placing top 3 in T5/T6 guild.

Not to mention new raids soon which will probably further split T5/T6 vs T7 guilds with better mods. If your not able to complete T7 raids now in your guild imaging how much further behind you'll be when the new raid goes live.
  • PapaTortuga
    100 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Next question, anyone want to let me into their T7 club? Haha. I have 7 7* building more as we speak. Rank 30-60 in arena (power almost 34k) and contribute 600 coins daily.

I live in California. But any US guild should be fine
  • Options
    Next question, anyone want to let me into their T7 club? Haha. I have 7 7* building more as we speak. Rank 30-60 in arena (power almost 34k) and contribute 600 coins daily.

I live in California. But any US guild should be fine

In a t6 about to jump to t7. Just need a couple more people...
    Pm if interested.
  • Options
    Same. We have a good bunch of players here
  • Options
    If you really love the guys in your guild and feel you guys will stay strong and grow together and you enjoy the banter in your forum then stay.
    If you want to advance your progress in the game fast or your guild mates are not loyal then jump ship fast. Last place T7 rewards are better than 1st place T6
  • Options
    I would suggest maybe recruiting some stronger, Tier 6 & 7 worthy players into your guild that can help move your guild into Tier 6 raids.

Our guild is doing Tier 7 raids, but we have like 6 guild members who are very strong and can solo Phase 1 and they take turns with that and the rest of us clean up in Phases 2 through 4.

I would think if you get a few really strong players who can push you to Tier 6, then you will get strong enough to do Tier 7 raids faster, with better rewards from Tier 6.

My guild only has like 35 active members, yet we finish Tier 7 raids easily and a bunch of guild mates have less than 10 7* toons. There are like 20 of us who do the bulk of the damage in raids.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If you really love the guys in your guild and feel you guys will stay strong and grow together and you enjoy the banter in your forum then stay.
    If you want to advance your progress in the game fast or your guild mates are not loyal then jump ship fast. Last place T7 rewards are better than 1st place T6

Exactly!
  • Options
    hey i notice u wanna step up and eventually get to tier 7 raids, my team recently disbanded and started a new one cuz are captain went awol, our first raid with 8 people we did a tier 6 in 12 hours, how do you feel about merging?? u can have officers as well . me and another would even like to help you guys do a raid if u want to show you we mean buisness. ive been hopping to weaker guilds like ours to show them and we can also teach everybody, now theres about 30 of us but we can make room if neccesary look forward to hearing back from you tman135
  • Options
    ally code 323 346 476, this message goes to anyone else who happens to read it incase you guys arent intrested
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    We had same thing few months back during the new level grind and when guilds first came out. A couple of players didn't want to wait for the rest of us to catch up so they jumped ship ... If they had of waited 2 more weeks we started t6 then 2 weeks later of first t7

Our guild is vibrant now plenty of players can go the distance on the raid and it's great seeing team mates getting better each week so thier loss

Officer: Rule of Two

They key is having active players though you guys need to bite the bullet and shift some players more will come
  • Options
    We have a guy in my guild that used to be in a tier 7 guild.
    Came to us because we knew him from other games we played together.
    We just started t6 raids a week or 2 ago, and he pretty much carries us through in 2 days.
    There are only 2 of us who can do half what he does for damage...
    Wish I could say it's great, but I feel like our guild holds him back...
    Point being, say what's on your mind to your guild mates.
    Can't know how they'd feel about you leaving for a while, or forever, if you never ask.
    My friend made it clear he would rather wait for us to catch up, than to run the raids with people who don't know or care about him as an individual, but only as a coin generator...

If you like your guild mates, stay. Be patient. Teach them. They'll catch up. Or take your actives somewhere where another guild needs a large active group, and has a similar mindset/goals to your own. Merges can be a huge help.

My .02
    Hope it all makes sense, kinda tired. Lol.

Edit: if you have like 10 actives and need a guild to merge with...
    Contact me.
    :wink:

This. @Mithrawnuodo nailed it. Guilds are not only about obtaining gear. It's about comraderie. We have extremely low level players in our guild and we run t7 raids all the time. But the guild as a whole is helping and watching these lower level players grow and strengthening thier teams, which is really cool to see.

Some may only be able to run one toon in a raid, but they are also on the brink of promoting 3-4 toons that will be raid ready.

Bottom line, if you're having fun and the group you're in is cool, stay. You'll be tighter as group once you hit t7.

As far as people who are not contributing, send them a couple of friendly reminders. If no response, remove them and look for other guild mates that are willing to contribute to the guild coins and participate in raids.

• Options
    JzQozNm.jpg
    "Please feelbird, take me far away from this guild!" - OP
  • Options
    This really depends on how attached you are to your current guild - are they old friends? do you actually care about them? or have you just joined a bunch of randoms who seem nice and you don't want to seem like a bad person for ditching them?

If the latter, forget about them - it's just a game and no one has a right to begrudge you wanting to progress.
    If the former, they should totally understand that you're in different places in the game to each other and if I were them, I would feel bad that I was holding you back. Doesn't stop you being able to stay friends with them.

We have had both experiences in my guild. A few months back one of our guys was a little ahead of most of us and wanted to be doing t7 when the guild overall wasn't even close to ready - we let him go with no hard feelings, despite him being a neighbour to one of our officers. Now we're fully set for t7 and alternate them with t6 so we can help our lower guys get sorted too. However, we did just drop a few people who aren't very active (<1 login per week) but they are also friends - they all understood and said they just don't have the time to commit right now but if they get back up to speed, they'll be welcomed back with open arms.

TL:DR - do what you want/need to do; don't let other people dictate (directly or indirectly) how you play a game. It's just a game afterall!
  • Options
    To be honest. You should leave and come back bro. Not doing t7 puts you at a big advantage against those who do. I know you wanna stay loyal and all but, you're really missing out on rewards.
  • Options
    Find another guild to merge with. It's sounds like the active half of your guild is also the half with your friends. I assure you that your guild is not the only one in this situation, so use it your advantage.

You just need to make it clear the the guild you merge with, or create another guild with, is to get you to a higher raid faster. Communicate your intent and those who want to do better will do so as well.

Tip: When moving, make sure you have everyone's ally code. It makes moving MUCH easier.
  • Options
    I have 1 open spot for a guild member. Look up MasterJediKnights for ally code. We are a top teir guild, wetc face the challenges all top guild face but I think we handle them well.
  • Options
    I just had to do that too...just remember that when you switch, use the forums to find a good guild. I tried to hop into a few full of inactive players before doing that. Then I found the right fit but was informed that I had exceeded my transitions for the day. Still waiting to join my guild. They really need to remove that or make it possible to view guild information prior to joining. Another really, really bad idea in this game that needs to be addressed.
  • Options
    I am not an officer, but my guild started off doing T5, then moved on to T5\T6 and eventually T7. I was hesitant to move to T7 with the rest of the guild, since I was finishing near the bottom most of them time. The argument that everyone made, that I was reluctant to hear was that moving up a tier was better even if you dropped in standing. Now I see that. That said, even a guild running T7 is only as good as its members. It needs to be a pretty well oiled machine, so keep that in mind when looking for a guild. I think even more important, possibly the most important thing is do you feel like your are growing as a player? Guild chat is crucial for this. My guild uses Discord, but there are plenty of other apps that are probably just as good. The key thing is a community that will help you grow as a player.
  • Options
    The raid reward system in this game is the problem. Raid gear drops are so terrible in lower tier raids that it doesn't allow players to progress enough. Basically you need better gear to advance to the next tier but only a few players get a reasonable amount in lower tier raids. It can literally take months to grow a guild to progress to the next tier.

Even if you are finishing towards the top of T5 raids it can take 5-10 raids to craft one piece of gear for one character because of the randomness of gear drops.

It would be great if guilds could grow and progress together but the game doesn't really allow for that. Players get a chance to join a higher tier guild so they jump ship. You can't really blame them. If you have one 7* character and an opportunity to join a T7 guild why wouldn't you? You can finish last in a T5 and literally get no raid gear or finish last in a T7 and still have a chance at a fully crafted piece.
  • UoJCAM
    213 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If you still are looking for a new Guild, PM me on Line uojcam.