Will SWGoH require an update for iPhone 7?

I mean new iPhone means updated iOS.
Please admins...provide your comments. I am planning to do my pre-order tonight.

Replies

• Options
    Yes, you need to install an update via the headphone jack
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    LOL. It's iOS not the hardware. Yes, SWGOH will work for iOS 10.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • superdes1
    85 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yes, you need to install an update via the headphone jack

thats wat i hurd2
  • Options
    Apple the company that says they want to get rid of wires and includes Earpods that are connected via lightning. While simultaneously charging you $150 for the Bluetooth pair.
  • Options
    When you build an app you target an iOS version. It does not need to be the latest.

Every app does not need to update for every iOS version.

There are no concerns.
  • Options

Well that's not at all how it works he is asking if iOS will be compatible with the game, because that is a valid point.

A month ago someone complained SWGOH was NOT working with iOS 10 beta (yes I know beta) but if there hasn't been an update for SWGOH and no mention if it will work or not..

It's a valid question.. that guy with beta it wiped out his team, EA had to restore it.. so yeah iOS is the OS but software has BUGS and incompatibility don't understand why it hurts to be cautious
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Apple the company that says they want to get rid of wires and includes Earpods that are connected via lightning. While simultaneously charging you $150 for the Bluetooth pair.

OK first they give you a FREE converter \ adapter for lightning jack with old headphones. (incl with iPhone 7)

Second they give you a FREE ear bud with lightning jack . (incl with iPhone 7)

Third if headphone jack is a thing, here is a thought DON'T by the new phone, ok it's not for you!

They don't charge for bluetooth they SELL bluetooth headsets made by other companies they ARE a retail outlet.. duh!
  • Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

Well that's not at all how it works he is asking if iOS will be compatible with the game, because that is a valid point.

A month ago someone complained SWGOH was NOT working with iOS 10 beta (yes I know beta) but if there hasn't been an update for SWGOH and no mention if it will work or not..

It's a valid question.. that guy with beta it wiped out his team, EA had to restore it.. so yeah iOS is the OS but software has BUGS and incompatibility don't understand why it hurts to be cautious
    Thanks @Jedi_Yoda

Yep you are on point. iPhone 7 is going to be released with a stable version of iOS 10.

I will have the phone in 2 weeks. So just preparing my options.
    Planning to grab the rose gold one >:);)
  • Options
    I mean new iPhone means updated iOS.
    Please admins...provide your comments. I am planning to do my pre-order tonight.

Well I updated my iPhone 6 Plus yesterday to iOS 10 Beta 7. SWGOH still works..

so theoretically it SHOULD work with release of iOS 10
  • Options

Valid question, valid point. I assume the client update that was iOS only a couple weeks ago addressed the iOS 10 concerns. I will still wait until someone else tries it first, since there is no cross-platform play here.
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

OK first they give you a FREE converter \ adapter for lightning jack with old headphones. (incl with iPhone 7)

Third if headphone jack is a thing, here is a thought DON'T by the new phone, ok it's not for you!

They don't charge for bluetooth they SELL bluetooth headsets made by other companies they ARE a retail outlet.. duh!

The biggest reason they gave for ditching it was to get rid of wires. Also now you can't charge and listen to music that way. It was a dumb reason to get rid of it. Sadly they were not the first out of top manufacturers it was Motorola.
  • Options

Yes, what you said in your 1st paragraph is EXACTLY what I said. "It's iOS, not the hardware" (I added a comma, is that better?!). As I said, SWGOH will work with iOS 10.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

Quick question. Doesn't it hurt your back to bend over that much trying to defend Apple and a horrible design decision? ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Quick question. Doesn't it hurt your back to bend over that much trying to defend Apple and a horrible design decision? ;)
    I don't like the new headphone design but I use Apple products since everyone at home is on a iPhone and we use Apple TV. Also have apple devices for work related activities.

Have an Android Acer tablet but it's used for kids to play games and watch Netflix.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Getting rid of 100+ year old technology is certainly not a horrible decision, but rather a brilliant one. This hurts no one, but actually allows more space, less weight, better water resistance, and way better options going forward. Further, they give the adapter for free for those who want to stay corded. I guarantee other manufacturers will follow suit (Samsung wouldn't be Samsung if they didn't, lol).
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Here this iphone cost like 2000-2800 dollars, so will take long to know, i even want to spent some cash in this game cause IOS users have to pay than droid users
    #brazilfeelings
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Getting rid of 100+ year old technology is certainly not a horrible decision, but rather a brilliant one. This hurts no one, but actually allows more space, less weight, better water resistance, and way better options going forward. Further, they give the adapter for free for those who want to stay corded. I guarantee other manufacturers will follow suit (Samsung wouldn't be Samsung if they didn't, lol).

Actually many phones with the headphone jack are better water resistant than the iPhone as they are water proof. Apple hasn't really innovated since the iPhone 5. It also hurts all the people who own expensive headphone since they can't use them and charge the phone anymore.
  • Options
    Slinks wrote: »
    Here this iphone cost like 2000-2800 dollars, so will take long to know, i even want to spent some cash in this game cause IOS users have to pay than droid users
    #brazilfeelings

Cost of crystals is the same for either device. In fact, iOS users can buy a Warehouse or Crystals for $199.99 (Android users can't), that offer them an even better value.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Oh really ive seen in somewhere we(ios) have to pay more, tnx for the information
  • Options

Its about as bad of an idea as the car manufacturers that decided to take the cd player out of their new cars. I was car shopping the other day looking for 2017 models which are being introduced currently and a $49,000 SUV didnt have a cd player in it. I told the car salesmen right then and there you lost a $49k sale because of no cd player. give me the upgrade for a cd player to be included for free and I would buy the car.

there are going to be alot of people i think like me that say screw iphone 7 and cook's ignorant idea of getting rid of the headphone jack. Steve Wozniak spoke out against removing the head phone jack and Tim Cook is too big of a con man to take the advice from a real engineer.

Apple is on its way downhill as long as they aren't listening to advice from respected people like Steve Wozniak. Tim Cook will destroy apple just like John Sculley did.
  • Options

Its about as bad of an idea as the car manufacturers that decided to take the cd player out of their new cars. I was car shopping the other day looking for 2017 models which are being introduced currently and a $49,000 SUV didnt have a cd player in it. I told the car salesmen right then and there you lost a $49k sale because of no cd player. give me the upgrade for a cd player to be included for free and I would buy the car.

there are going to be alot of people i think like me that say screw iphone 7 and cook's ignorant idea of getting rid of the headphone jack. Steve Wozniak spoke out against removing the head phone jack and Tim Cook is too big of a con man to take the advice from a real engineer.

Apple is on its way downhill as long as they aren't listening to advice from respected people like Steve Wozniak. Tim Cook will destroy apple just like John Sculley did.
    Right, then there's the other 99% of customers who would be more than happy to hook up their iPhone via CarPlay and stream music from Apple music using LTE instead of frantically searching for scratched CDs.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Right, then there's the other 99% of customers who would be more than happy to hook up their iPhone via CarPlay and stream music from Apple music using LTE instead of frantically searching for scratched CDs.

Quality versus accessibility is the issue. The quality side of the bet doesn't work out for Betamax or laser disc. (Google it if you're under 30 ;))

As a newer example, see "mp3".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    I believe the iOS version of the app just had an updated released on 08/29/16. Maybe it included new iOS compatability?? Then again....
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    the new iphone 7 128gb will cost 10 vaults in my country .
  • Options

Quality versus accessibility is the issue. The quality side of the bet doesn't work out for Betamax or laser disc. (Google it if you're under 30 ;))

But Apple music and streaming music compresses audio. Some people rather not have compressed audio.
  • Options

But Apple music and streaming music compresses audio. Some people rather not have compressed audio.

And most people (like me) won't notice the difference.