Cantina Energy/Token Ratio?

So the latest maps cost 12 energy per fight and give 21 tokens. Has anyone worked out yet if the energy to token ratio is better or worse than the previous 10/17 maps.

Iirc the 8/13 maps yielded less tokens from a days natural recharge plus 2 refreshes, than the 10/17 nodes. Is this the same case with 12/21 against 10/17 or does it have diminishing returns against a natural refill plus 2 refreshes?

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Higher-level maps provide more orange balls per energy point than lower-level ones:
    - 8 energy: 195 per refill
    - 10 energy: 204 per refill
    - 12 energy: 210 per refill
    (What's funny is that even before I unlocked the new Cantina level I just assumed it would be 12 energy and 21 balls per sim, fitting the pattern.)
    The higher-level ones also have more training droids and greater chances at level 3 mats. Of course, on the higher-level maps you have fewer chances at the shards dropped by the missions.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Higher-level maps provide more orange balls per energy point than lower-level ones:
    (What's funny is that even before I unlocked the new Cantina level I just assumed it would be 12 energy and 21 balls per sim, fitting the pattern.)
    The higher-level ones also have more training droids and greater chances at level 3 mats. Of course, on the higher-level maps you have fewer chances at the shards dropped by the missions.

Thnx, good to know
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Thanks very much :).

Hmm.. only 6 tokens difference, at the cost of 2 more attempts at shards. Doesn't seem like a fair trade off if going solely on shards and tokens. I was looking to farm Luke while getting Poe, but think I'll take the extra 2 Luke shards over 6 tokens more.

It would take 22 days for those 18 tokens (natural charge and 2 recharges) to net an additional 5 shards from the shipments.

In the same time if running 10/17 nodes, you'd get an additional 132 attempts at farming a particular shard in the same 22 day time span.

132 shard attempts vs 5 shards from cantina shipments.

Unless rng is heavily against you, like really badly against you, you'll get 5 times the node shards against the 5 shard shipment. And I reckon, even with the higher mat drops on map 5/6, these 132 runs will likely make up for the drop rate and some more.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If you care about the shards most of all, then yes, use the lower one. But there are other considerations too. The higher node will give you more chance at level 3 mats. And then there's the droids.. Cantina is a major source of training droids. The lower Luke fight gives you 330 XP of droids per sim; the higher Luke fight gives you 720 XP. That's almost 50% more per refill.
    Choices, choices...
    I still would have preferred more new chars in there, but it's clear they didn't do that on purpose.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.