what will be done about the leaderboard "bug"

Prev1
are these teams actually getting rewards for the raids or is it just "visual" like the guild coin bug?
a new guild has entered the mix with 6600 raid points.
I really hope they don't get to keep the rewards but as we saw with the vader debacle and the previous raid exploit its likely than they will

Replies

• Options
    You don't get rewarded for where your guild ranks in raid points.
  • Options
    You know they will eventually be dealt with...

in the meantime, I am hoping they can break 7000!
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Options
    You don't get rewarded for where your guild ranks in raid points.

lol no but you have to complete raids for the points.
    just so you don't get confused. that's 33 t7 raids
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    We are aware of an issue where some Guilds on the leaderboards are gaining points rapidly and climbing the ranks. These Guilds are not hacking/cheating, there is currently a bug that was caused due to the outage. We are currently working on a fix for this.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    We are aware of an issue where some Guilds on the leaderboards are gaining points rapidly and climbing the ranks. These Guilds are not hacking/cheating, there is currently a bug that was caused due to the outage. We are currently working on a fix for this.

lol I've read that and it leads me to belive that they will be allowed to keep whatever rewards they've acquired and we will get a lame excuse as to why they couldn't take them back
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

lol I've read that and it leads me to belive that they will be allowed to keep whatever rewards they've acquired and we will get a lame excuse as to why they couldn't take them back

are you even sure they are doing more raids to aquire those leaderboard points? Why always assume the worst? I would like to believe that EA_jesse would call it cheating if they were doing THAT many raids. People got banned for accepting multiple raid rewards that were send to their inbox, others got their inventory depleted for the same bug caused by EA/CG. So i reckon if those guys are doing unlimited raids, steps will be taken by EA/CG and they will be considered exploiters/cheaters or wichever term you'd like to use.

edit: It's not hard to track the players who are involved in this case. It's a small scale problem (judging by the leaderboard 4 or 5 guilds)
  • AbeTheFearless
    109 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

are you even sure they are doing more raids to aquire those leaderboard points? Why always assume the worst? I would like to believe that EA_jesse would call it cheating if they were doing THAT many raids. People got banned for accepting multiple raid rewards that were send to their inbox, others got their inventory depleted for the same bug caused by EA/CG. So i reckon if those guys are doing unlimited raids, steps will be taken by EA/CG and they will be considered exploiters/cheaters or wichever term you'd like to use.

edit: It's not hard to track the players who are involved in this case. It's a small scale problem (judging by the leaderboard 4 or 5 guilds)

the've gone up by 200 points every 10-15 mins since the servers went back up
  • Options
    If it's simply a visual bug then why isnt it happening to the entire leader board? There is definitely more to it
  • Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    If it's simply a visual bug then why isnt it happening to the entire leader board? There is definitely more to it

I agree. I've been tracking the leaderboard since yesterday. the guilds that are exploiting it seem to be ghosts. not a single player is registered with swgoh.gg and a few don't even have full rosters. the guild in the #1 spots description say they're only doing t1-3.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    It is a bug due to the outage yesterday it will be fixed. Jesse has stated the guilds are not hacking or cheating.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/66503/current-login-issues-9-8-2016#latest
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    It is a bug due to the outage yesterday it will be fixed. Jesse has stated the guilds are not hacking or cheating.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/66503/current-login-issues-9-8-2016#latest

so will they keep the rewards for the raids they've completed?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

so will they keep the rewards for the raids they've completed?

how do you know they are even doing raids? you are quick to label them exploiters without even knowing what is going on. Even if it turns out they are exploiters, they will most likely be dealt with by EA/CG accordingly.
  • Options
    lol highly unlikely that the game would pick a handful of guilds to randomly increase their raid points. if that were the case wouldn't every guild be experiencing the same problem? let's be logical for a min. if walks like a duck, talks like a duck, looks like a duck, smells like a duck, odds are it's a duck not a zebra
  • Options
    Logic rarely applies when bugged coding is concerned.

For all we know the bug effects guilds who did X Tier 3 raids before the outage, Or it could just effect guilds who have done 33 tier 1 raids or Just guilds with members under lvl 70, ther isnt enough information to say

We just dont know enough to speculate on why its effecting the people it is or even if they are actively raiding for their points so lets put the pitchforks down.
  • Options
    Use your noodles folks. Here is my theory:

New raid was released to 3 guilds with varying rosters and abilities. These guilds are running the new raid at all tiers, over and over again. Looking for difficulty issues, bugs, exploits, etc. this is the only logical reason why they would gain leader board points and it not be an issue. Who ever set up the trial simply forgot to disable the accumulation of guild points.

They have said over and over they are testing it. I'm sure it would be difficult to mimic the way a real guild handles a raid. Rosters, gear levels, experience levels, communication abilities, structure, it goes on and on. Surely they won't be given all the rewards they are earning, but instead a large sum of crystals for helping.
  • Options
    The conspiracy theories are strong in this thread... :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I'd bet my crystals for a month on my theory being correct.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Waterdog01 wrote: »

I would take that bet at whatever odds you want any day just based on the fact that there's more than 3 guilds exploiting it >:)
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »

I would take that bet at whatever odds you want any day just based on the fact that there's more than 3 guilds exploiting it >:)

Excellently played. Remind me never to bet with you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    There are 4 guilds now that are far ahead. I still think my theory is sound. I haven't seen any other suggestions. Other than an exploit that CG says isn't an exploit, I'd still make that bet.
  • Options
    Really, I couldn't care less. Worst case scenario, is not corrected, and next month those 3 guilds will be greeting as leaders of last month. Wow....
  • Options
    Finity wrote: »

your wish came true

FjrSC1G.png

• Options

Done
  • Options
    If we ever get clarification on this, I'll set up a paypal account to accept all the crystal money. Electronic iTunes cards work as well!
  • Options
    you mean to pay
  • Options
    No Sir, this would be receiving only. You have to admit it's a sound theory. There is nothing else that explains it.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    No Sir, this would be receiving only. You have to admit it's a sound theory. There is nothing else that explains it.

The game bugging out because those 4 guilds were finishing the raid/getting rewards when the servers went down and it credits them with the raid score of whatever raid they were last on every hour? Some other non conspiracy theory?
  • Options
    Finity wrote: »

your wish came true

FjrSC1G.png

On to 8000! and then 9000 where the Vegeta memes will flow!
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Options
    Me and my officers have a hard time telling who is slacking and isn't when both the last login and coin counts are wrong half of the time. This is a pretty major issue. Also bring back the weekly reports! That was so illogical to remove that then allow these bugs run amuck for this long. Incompetence
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Who cares...... Games been riddled with exploits for months. Raids and guild leaderboard being the main issue. Really, just ignore it. The devs have other things to deal with like delivering new content which they seem to be doing very well at the minute. People are always gonna exploit and game the system folks. That's gaming.
This discussion has been closed.