IG-88 Critical Bug! [VIDEO]

This must be some kind of bug.

ISSUE: IG-88's damage is unaffected by Poggle's Droid Assault (Offense UP)

As you can see in the video, during the 1st ROUND, IG-88's damage was 21549 without any enhancements; during the 2nd ROUND, Poggle's Droid Assault (Offense UP) ability was used, and IG-88's damage did not increase, in fact it was lower than without the Offense UP boost.

Furthermore, if you've observed Boba Fett, the Offense UP worked properly for him.

Please fix this issue, thank you. =]

Replies

• Options
    Hello developers, can you confirm that you'll add this to your Bug List?
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/ig-88/

IG-88 top end basic damage is almost 5000
    without any mods, 150% critical damage
    Boba Fett lead adds 50%
    IG-88 add 45% critical damage + 80% critical damage since there are 4 enemies suffering negative status effects (IG-88's unique)
    Total Critical Damage = 150+50+45+80 = 325% critical damage

Without mods, you are at 16,250 critical damage. With mods to increase your basic damage or crit damage mods, 21549 isn't unreasonable. You need 6600 basic damage with 325% critical damage, 430% critical damage with 5000 basic damage, or something in between.

In the second round, you may have hit the low end of basic damage, which is around 4500 damage, that is 500 less than the top end, which you may have gotten in the first round. On a crit, that is 1,625 less damage assuming 325% crit damage. The poggle offense up compensates for that variability most likely and brings the damage near your first round.

The damage done by a basic attack isnt the same from attack to attack, so 1 data point from each setting does not make a good data set. With mods that give offense up and critical damage, not sure this is a bug, just standard variability in basic attack damage.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Options
    Finity wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/ig-88/

IG-88 top end basic damage is almost 5000
    without any mods, 150% critical damage
    Boba Fett lead adds 50%
    IG-88 add 45% critical damage + 80% critical damage since there are 4 enemies suffering negative status effects (IG-88's unique)
    Total Critical Damage = 150+50+45+80 = 325% critical damage

Without mods, you are at 16,250 critical damage. With mods to increase your basic damage or crit damage mods, 21549 isn't unreasonable. You need 6600 basic damage with 325% critical damage, 430% critical damage with 5000 basic damage, or something in between.

In the second round, you may have hit the low end of basic damage, which is around 4500 damage, that is 500 less than the top end, which you may have gotten in the first round. On a crit, that is 1,625 less damage assuming 325% crit damage. The poggle offense up compensates for that variability most likely and brings the damage near your first round.

The damage done by a basic attack isnt the same from attack to attack, so 1 data point from each setting does not make a good data set. With mods that give offense up and critical damage, not sure this is a bug, just standard variability in basic attack damage.

Although your theory does make some sense, we still can't escape the fact that Poggle's Droid Assault (Offense UP) actually granted a proper attack boost for everyone except for IG-88. Boba Fett's attack in ROUND 1 vs ROUND 2 shows a substantial increase in damage while IG-88's doesn't AT ALL.

From the video, you can see:

Boba Fett's ATK Damage: 2864 [ROUND 1] <-- No Buffs
    Boba Fett's ATK Damage: 4343 [ROUND 2] <-- Offense UP

RESULT: Poggle's Droid Assault [Offense UP] properly granted Boba Fett +50% Offense.

IG-88's ATK Damage: 21549 [ROUND 1] <-- No Buffs
    IG-88's ATK Damage: 21008 [ROUND 2] <-- Offense UP

RESULT: Poggle's Droid Assault [Offense UP] did NOT properly grant IG-88 +50% Offense.

The variance in damage between these two rounds make no sense for IG-88. If Poggle's Droid Assault [Offense UP] actually worked properly for IG-88, then the damage would have been upwards 30,000 damage; the variance doesn't account for this because it would be too high of a variance, in fact IG-88's attacks have no such high variance. I believe this to be a bug.
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    senkoujin wrote: »
    RESULT: Poggle's Droid Assault [Offense UP] did NOT properly grant IG-88 +50% Offense.

This "result" is only correct if you assuming 50% offense up means 50% more damage. Let's assume 50% offense actually grants 10% increase to damage....
    IG-88 has a damage range is 4500 to 5000. Forgetting the actual damage, because I don't know your mods...

Round 1: IG-88 does 5000 basic damage + 0% offense (since there is no offense up) = 5000 damage
    *325% critical damage = 16,250 damage on a crit

Round 2: IG-88 does 4500 basic damage (which is still in the IG-88 damage range) + 50% offense (from Poggle) which means a 10% increase in damage = 4950 damage
    *325% critical damage = 16,088 damage on a crit
    WITHOUT the Poggle buff, 4500*325% critical damage = 14625 damage.

16088 > 14625, which means that offense up had an impact.
    the fact that 16088 < 16250 is irrelevant because they may not have had the same basic attack damage to begin with prior to the critical damage calculation.

There may be a bug, more likely than not there isnt. But you are drawing a conclusion based on 2 data points; scientifically there is no statistical significance. Your conclusion is the equivalent of doing 1 cantina battle for Wedge and getting his shard, and then doing 1 cantina battle for JKA and not getting a shard, and saying JKA's node has a 0% drop rate and Wedge has 100%. You need more data to support a claim of a bug. Based on the data you have provided, given that it is not clear how offense up affects damage (offense up affects the physical damage stat, and how the physical damage stat effects damage is unclear), your data in this case is easily explained away and will not be considered a bug. Just FYI.
  • RoyallyRed1
    15 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    How did you get the video embedded in your message?
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The only factor which should play a part here are the offense bonuses and the damage variance of the basic attack. The crit damage bonuses should be identical in each iteration of the run and can effectively be left out of the analysis:

Damage on crit = Basic attack damage x Offense bonus x Crit Damage = (4509 to 4983) x (100%+80%) x (Crit bonus) x (Armor reduction%).

The only part which are changing here are the basic attack variance and the offense bonus.

Offense changes between 180% and 230% between the examples. This is a (230/180) ~28% increase in damage from offense up.

The damage variance as a percentage, assuming the first attack hit at the max range and the 2nd attack hit at the minimum range, is a decrement of ~10% or 90% of the first attack.

i.e. 128% x 90% = 115% this is the minimum change in damage from the first attack that could happen if the mechanics are working properly.

Now given that the 2nd attack with offense up did even less damage than the first attack, something is definitely amiss.
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    Offense changes between 180% and 230% between the examples. This is a (230/180) ~28% increase in damage from offense up.

You are making an assertion here that has been asked by the community for a while and if you have proof I would love to see it.

IG-88% unique SPECIFICALLY gives "20% more damage for each enemy suffering a negative status effect."

Offense increases your Physical Damage stat and your Special Damage stat by the given %. Can you please provide your proof that increasing your Physical Damage stat by 50% increases your damage by 50%? If you can prove this claim, then you would be correct. However, Rey has a Physical Damage stat of 2349, and Cad Bane has a Physical Damage stat of 2637... yet Rey's bottom end basic damage is higher than Cad Bane's top end basic damage. This clearly means that other factors are involved in the calculation of damage besides the Offense stat. It is called Offense because it affects the Physical Damage stat *AND* Special Damage stat, but doesnt mean it is a damage increase itself. (Similarly, Defense improves armor, but 5% defense doesnt mean 5% increase in armor.)

Offense up is not the same as damage up; damage is calculated using offense as a factor, but there is no proof (unless you have some) that says the relationship is linear. If you look at your mods, offense % increases Physical Damage stat, and if you compare Rey and Cad Bane, it is clear to see that Physical Damage is not the sole determinant of damage. Making the assumption that Offense up 50% means damage increases by 50% appears to be an incorrect assertion, but I would love to see where you can defend that.

Again, the OP has 2 data points only that can be explained due to unknown formulas regarding how offense and the physical damage stat relate to the actual damage output. There is nothing to back up this claim as a bug without knowing what the formulas are for damage calculation. Making an assertion that 50% offense up is a 50% increase in damage cannot be proven as far as I have seen, thus you are building your argument on a potentially flawed statement. If you have the formula on how physical damage increases the actual damage, I would love to see it, as I am sure many in the community would.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Finity wrote: »

You are making an assertion here that has been asked by the community for a while and if you have proof I would love to see it.

IG-88% unique SPECIFICALLY gives "20% more damage for each enemy suffering a negative status effect."

Offense increases your Physical Damage stat and your Special Damage stat by the given %. Can you please provide your proof that increasing your Physical Damage stat by 50% increases your damage by 50%? If you can prove this claim, then you would be correct. However, Rey has a Physical Damage stat of 2349, and Cad Bane has a Physical Damage stat of 2637... yet Rey's bottom end basic damage is higher than Cad Bane's top end basic damage. This clearly means that other factors are involved in the calculation of damage besides the Offense stat. It is called Offense because it affects the Physical Damage stat *AND* Special Damage stat, but doesnt mean it is a damage increase itself. (Similarly, Defense improves armor, but 5% defense doesnt mean 5% increase in armor.)

Offense up is not the same as damage up; damage is calculated using offense as a factor, but there is no proof (unless you have some) that says the relationship is linear. If you look at your mods, offense % increases Physical Damage stat, and if you compare Rey and Cad Bane, it is clear to see that Physical Damage is not the sole determinant of damage. Making the assumption that Offense up 50% means damage increases by 50% appears to be an incorrect assertion, but I would love to see where you can defend that.

Again, the OP has 2 data points only that can be explained due to unknown formulas regarding how offense and the physical damage stat relate to the actual damage output. There is nothing to back up this claim as a bug without knowing what the formulas are for damage calculation. Making an assertion that 50% offense up is a 50% increase in damage cannot be proven as far as I have seen, thus you are building your argument on a potentially flawed statement. If you have the formula on how physical damage increases the actual damage, I would love to see it, as I am sure many in the community would.

I will expand the damage formula in it's entirety as a general case. Verification is somewhat difficult due to the damage variance on basic. I will simply explain the full mechanics and you can easily do some simple tests yourself to verify it.

Ig-88's unique although it specifies damage, this is actually an offense bonus (like offense up). His damage definitely doesn't increase by 20% for each debuffed enemy.

If you look on swgoh.gg you will see damage ranges on maxed characters pre-mods. These are data-mined directly from the game files. If you expand the skill upgrade tiers you will see a stat called "modifiers". Modifiers from successive ability levels are additive with each other. If you multiply the skill modifier by the appropriate damage stat (physical or special damage), you will arrive exactly at the mean value of the damage range for that ability. In general the damage range will be +- 5% of the mean. Some abilities like Lando's basic have a larger range but the mean value derivation is the same.

So back to the damage equation:

Physical damage on crit = (Physical Damage Stat x Skill modifier) x (100% + Offense bonus) x (150% + Crit Damage Bonus) x (100%-Armor Reduction)

Special damage on crit = (Special Damage Stat x Skill modifier) x (100% + Offense bonus) x (150% + Crit Damage Bonus) x (100%-Resistance Reduction)

You can see that if you double the physical or special damage stats, the damage itself will double.

Points to note:
    • Mod bonuses to offense only apply to the base damage stats and do not compound with other mod bonuses. e.g. +100 offense and +10% offense do not compound.
    • The modded damage stats are treated as "base" for in-combat modifiers from leader, unique and buffs.
    • Within the offense bracket, all bonuses are additive. In the above scenario for ig-88 the offense multiplier is 100%+80%+50%; 80% from ig-88's unique and 50% from offense up. Any leader skills are additive to this as well.
    • Within the crit damage bracket, all bonuses are additive. In the above scenario for ig-88 the crit damage multiplier is 150% (base) + 45% (unique) + (mods crit damage bonus) + 50% (boba leader).
    • Armor and Resistance calculations are not straightforward. I have written several posts on these already and will not re-iterate the mechanics here again.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    These issues have been flagged as bugs and sent up to our dev team for review. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    I have also noticed that Offense Up on IG-88 does not seem to adding offense
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ((Base attack+physical)-armor)xcrit
    Basic 4509-4983 average 4746
    4746+physical
    88 maxed : 2402
    4746+2402= 7148
    7148-armor
    Anakin maxed armor: around 25%
    25% of 7148= 1787
    7148-1787= 5361
    5361x crit rating
    Base crit rating 150%
    5361x150= 8041

That how it's work
  • Options
    Change physical bonus if your 88 isn't maxed, change your crit rate from the one you have +lead bonus, then you'll see if offence bonus is apply or not
  • Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    4746+physical
    4746+2402= 7148
    7148-armor
    25% of 7148= 1787
    7148-1787= 5361
    5361x crit rating
    Base crit rating 150%
    5361x150= 8041

That how it's work

Thats absolutely the incorrect way of calculating damage. The physical damage is already included in the numbers u get from swgoh.gg.
  • Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    4746+physical
    4746+2402= 7148
    7148-armor
    25% of 7148= 1787
    7148-1787= 5361
    5361x crit rating
    Base crit rating 150%
    5361x150= 8041

That how it's work

Thats absolutely the incorrect way of calculating damage. The physical damage is already included in the numbers u get from swgoh.gg.

Are you sure? I have test it, and the number seem fine to me
  • Options
    My 88 is hitting for 20-22k
    I have 316% crit, 2698 physical
    4746+2698= 7444-armor= 5583
    5583x316%= 17642
    So my 88 will hit for an average of 17642 on a maxed JKA

You see, physical can't be inclued on swogh.