Easy Plo Koon tweaks that could happen now.

JacenRoe
3016 posts Member
edited September 2016
I farmed Plo 7 months ago, and he's so devastatingly mundane. I never use him. I'd love to see him get just a tweak like Mace and Kit Fisto did. It might be all he needs. Here are his problems, and what he needs.

He has a similar role to Phasma in that he has a debuff on his AoE. And he TM boosts/buffs his allies. But Phasma boosts everyone's TM. He only boosts clones. Not even his own class. And he needs an omega just to give others half that TM boost. The debuff on his AoE only procs 55% of the time compared to Phasma's 90%. She has one of the best leader abilities in the game. His is highly specialized, and not as good as AoE teams at dealing with stealth toons. She has 6.7k more health. She does more damage. She has higher potency. She has health steal. The only thing he has better is a dispel on his basic, but it only removes one buff. You need an omega to get just a 50-50 chance to dispel all buffs. Really disappointing.

Here are a couple of changes.

1. Give him the ability to TM boost clones AND Jedi from the start. Half that TM to others with omega is fine. Still inferior to Phasma's. At least he'll have synergy with his own class. No brainer.

2. Give him 100% chance to apply his debuff on his AoE. It will still get resisted, and his potency is still lower. The debuff can still be dispelled. Not OP. Pretty fair actually. And offence down on a whole team might slow a few AoE monster teams.

3. Allow his basic to heal himself when he dispels a buff. Something significant too. 20% of his health per buff dispelled. He already gives defense up buff with his special. Getting it from dispelling a buff too is redundant. Also since his health is lower than Phasma's, and he has no health steal it makes up for that a bit. I'd also love to see his basic dispel ALL buffs once omegaed instead of just a chance to dispel. He's mediocre in many ways. I highly doubt that would make him OP.

All those changes still might not push him into the meta, but he might get used a bit more in Jedi, and clone teams. I'd also love to see him get a 25% counter chance if his basic was left at just a chance to dispel all buffs. More opportunities to get dispels. And it would be similar to Sun Fac, but still inferior in several ways.

Replies

• Options
    Love the sound of all that!!
    Hopefully they buff/rework him, he really needs it.
  • Options
    Seku wrote: »
    Love the sound of all that!!
    Hopefully they buff/rework him, he really needs it.
    Thanks. Whenever I see threads about buffing bad toons they are always very complicated, impractical, or insanely OP. I tried really hard to think of minimally invasive tweaks that aren't insane. They might actually get used that way.