Siskin looking for shard mates...

Replies

• Options
    Hey Siskin! Just wanted to say when you are in first and its 5-7 minutes to payout and I'm in 2nd I would PREFER if you use me to lock in that last fight. If you use anyone else I'm a sitting duck for someone else to take 2nd place at the last minute! I really don't mind coming in 2nd at all (I'll still try for first though! lol).
  • Options
    Trollsbane wrote: »
    Hey Siskin! Just wanted to say when you are in first and its 5-7 minutes to payout and I'm in 2nd I would PREFER if you use me to lock in that last fight. If you use anyone else I'm a sitting duck for someone else to take 2nd place at the last minute! I really don't mind coming in 2nd at all (I'll still try for first though! lol).

I try to, but sometimes you're already being attacked by someone else.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/siskin/
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • Options
    Heh, thanks for taking pity on me today Siskin :smiley:

Happy New Year everyone!
  • Siskin
    135 posts Member
    Options
    ObiWan wrote: »
    Heh, thanks for taking pity on me today Siskin :smiley:

Happy New Year everyone!

Happy New Year guys
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Happy New year everyone. I'm getting pretty worn on the Wiggs meta (which still persists in the top 15-25) and am thinking of making a change soon (now that I have TFP and EP). Trying to make a good decision on a comp that will hold up defensively, though (because I don't have a shore or B2).

You top feeders have any advice?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/tannjam/collection/
  • Siskin
    135 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Tannjam wrote: »
    Happy New year everyone. I'm getting pretty worn on the Wiggs meta (which still persists in the top 15-25) and am thinking of making a change soon (now that I have TFP and EP). Trying to make a good decision on a comp that will hold up defensively, though (because I don't have a shore or B2).

How are you doing on Zetas? Finish gearing Yoda and Ahsoka and you've got a killer Jedi team if you can Zeta QGJ in the near future. Added bonus, they kick butt in AAT P1, but I'm guessing you knew that already.
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • Options
    Siskin wrote: »

How are you doing on Zetas? Finish gearing Yoda and Ahsoka and you've got a killer Jedi team if you can Zeta QGJ in the near future. Added bonus, they kick butt in AAT P1, but I'm guessing you knew that already.

Unfortunately I haven't started yet. I'm working my last ship to unlock the challenge. QGJ was going to be my first zeta target, so I guess I'll continue down that path. I'm really loving Aayla since unlocking her.

• Trollsbane
    109 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey Taven so I thought we were working around each other during payout time. If you want to use me as a stepping stone and knock me into 7th so you can get 3rd I'm probably going to come right back and put you in 7th. You could have saved yourself a battle by attacking 4th and then 1st instead of going from 7th to 3rd to 7th to 3rd to whatever.

Trollsbane = ally

Today you knocked me from 10th down to 15th. Now instead of avoiding Taven... I aim for Taven!
    Post edited by Trollsbane on
  • Options
    Hey Taven so I thought we were working around each other during payout time. If you want to use me as a stepping stone and knock me into 7th so you can get 3rd I'm probably going to come right back and put you in 7th. You could have saved yourself a battle by attacking 4th and then 1st instead of going from 7th to 3rd to 7th to 3rd to whatever.

Trollsbane = ally

Today you knocked me from 10th down to 15th. Now instead of avoiding Taven... I aim for Taven!

Hi Trollsbane, I'm so sorry about that. I was actually on vacation for the last week in a different time zone than I normally am so I think I might have overlapped with you. I noticed you knocked me back a couple of times right before my payout so I didn't realize what was happening until seeing this.

I just got back home yesterday so things should be back to normal now and I won't touch you until after your payout time.
    You are at 5pm central time right?

Your new team is tough as hell by the way, absolutely crushed me the first few times, it was getting like 2 or 3 full turns against my wiggs team before I could go. I had to put together a hodge podge empire team today to finally crack it.
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I finally switched away from Wiggs with the recent 7* of my Vader. I'm currently running:
    EP(L) - G11, TFP - G11, STH - G11, RG - G10, Vader - G10.

I'm about 2 weeks from my first Zeta (getting about 3/week) and about 5-6 weeks from GK (60/145). My BF is only G8, and My 3* shoretrooper isn't even close either.

Do you think I should bother with gearing up Shore (knowing he uses many of the same resources that GK does)? Also, @Siskin , if you had to do it over again, would you still go Zeta Vader, or would you go with Zeta QGJ (based on facing TI Only1tfin) or Zeta Maul?

I suppose we should all wait and see what Nihilus will bring as well (I'll probably hold my zeta for at least that).
    Post edited by Tannjam on
  • Options
    I finally switched away from Wiggs with the recent 7* of my Vader. I'm currently running:
    EP(L) - G11, TFP - G11, STH - G11, RG - G10, Vader - G10.

I'm about 2 weeks from my first Zeta (getting about 3/week) and about 5-6 weeks from GK (60/145). My BF is only G8, and My 3* shoretrooper isn't even close either.

Do you think I should bother with gearing up Shore (knowing he uses many of the same resources that GK does)? Also, @Siskin , if you had to do it over again, would you still go Zeta Vader, or would you go with Zeta QGJ (based on facing TI Only1tfin) or Zeta Maul?

I suppose we should all wait and see what Nihilus will bring as well (I'll probably hold my zeta for at least that).

I would save resources for GK, he's better than Shore, plus with yours being 3* it'll take forever to star him up if you aren't buying him through shipments.

I don't regret Zeta Vader at all. The ZQGJ team I face isn't a challenge,but his mods need work, so I really can't say how tough a good ZQGJ team would be.

Zaul was actually going to be my lead, but I chose Vader over him for overall utility. Vader lead is awesome in AAT. I'm building a P2 Vader squad right now, till then I'm using him in P3 with EP and TFP, doing over 1.5 million in that phase.
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • Options
    Hey Siskin, we never talk but used to be (still kinda are) very close in our shard. so....y'know....whaddup duders? I've always wondered if I ever made an impression on your game experience =)
  • Options
    Btw, this is teamkillface....
  • Options
    Btw, this is teamkillface....

Hey man, welcome to the thread. Is your payout the same as mine? I assume so, you've got me more than a couple times IIRC. I'm currently at 5pm central, btw.
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • Options
    lol. i started the account in saint louis but have just recently moved to CA. Still adjusting to the new time zone but yeah, i get paid at 5 central =P
    I'm like right in the middle of my work day so I prob wont be very competitive for the top 5 spots until the weekend. It's nice to finally open us dialogue, you were one of the first arena rivals I had and that was over a whole year ago!
  • Options
    lol. i started the account in saint louis but have just recently moved to CA. Still adjusting to the new time zone but yeah, i get paid at 5 central =P
    I'm like right in the middle of my work day so I prob wont be very competitive for the top 5 spots until the weekend. It's nice to finally open us dialogue, you were one of the first arena rivals I had and that was over a whole year ago!

I'm in St. Louis TKF. Though oddly enough, my payout is an hour earlier than you guys.

• Options
    I've been working on a new squad, it's gonna be awhile before they are arena ready but I think they are gonna make a big splash in our shard >.>

I just need time to farm like 100 zeta materials ><

• Options
    I've been working on a new squad, it's gonna be awhile before they are arena ready but I think they are gonna make a big splash in our shard >.>

I just need time to farm like 100 zeta materials ><

Looking forward to seeing that. First Order, I take it?
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Finally broke into the top 5 and got a shot at the Rex led team. He's tough on empire.

@Trollsbane using me as a stepping stone now :(
    Post edited by Tannjam on
  • Trollsbane
    109 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    [
    ObiWan wrote: »
    Hi Trollsbane, I'm so sorry about that. I was actually on vacation for the last week in a different time zone than I normally am so I think I might have overlapped with you. I noticed you knocked me back a couple of times right before my payout so I didn't realize what was happening until seeing this.

I just got back home yesterday so things should be back to normal now and I won't touch you until after your payout time.
    You are at 5pm central time right?

Your new team is tough as hell by the way, absolutely crushed me the first few times, it was getting like 2 or 3 full turns against my wiggs team before I could go. I had to put together a hodge podge empire team today to finally crack it.

It's all good Taven no hard feelings here! I really didn't think you were purposely targeting me and I'll lay off :) And yes my payout time is 5pm Central. I have the pleasure of competing with Siskin every single day LOL

I'm really liking the Resistance squad btw! I was a little nervous gearing them all up and putting a zeta on Finn but it paid off. My only complaint is there are only 5 Resistance guys to use lol

You asked Siskin if zeta Vader is worth it... my bloody Resistance squad says yes.... definitely worth it. lol
  • Options
    Finally broke into the top 5 and got a shot at the Rex led team. He's tough on empire.

My bad Tannjam that was not intentional! Quite honestly I am happy to make your payout run as easy as possible and will make sure to lay off :)
  • Options
    Hey Siskin, we never talk but used to be (still kinda are) very close in our shard. so....y'know....whaddup duders? I've always wondered if I ever made an impression on your game experience =)

Hey TeamKillFace Trollsbane here! Good to see you found us here! I for one have noticed you and you put up a good fight! I have 5pm Central time payout as well. Your Chaze squad can be a pain! Thats a good thing! lol
  • Options
    @Chuey I'd love to know what your payout is. I'm getting a little worn on playing hot potato with you on a spot throughout the day. If I'm I'm knocking you around at your payout, I'll try to lay off. I typically try to get 2-3 battles in during the day, because my payout (4pm CST) is right in the middle of my commute home.
  • Options

My bad Tannjam that was not intentional! Quite honestly I am happy to make your payout run as easy as possible and will make sure to lay off :)

No worries pal.

• Options

Hey TeamKillFace Trollsbane here! Good to see you found us here! I for one have noticed you and you put up a good fight! I have 5pm Central time payout as well. Your Chaze squad can be a pain! Thats a good thing! lol

Thanks Troll! I've been working on chaze to keep up with you guys but everyone in the top 5 or 8 still puts up too much of a fight for me =)
    I'm hoping that after I finish up my next arena team we can open up a dialogue again to discuss strategies.
  • Options
    Hey guys, just found this thanks to @Tannjam linking me in. In the last month I've started hitting top 10 with a couple of first place finishes.

So seems I'm different to most of you being UK based so my payout is much earlier than the rest of you. (GMT 0) Saying that I get in from work with only half an hour to get maybe 2 or 3 attacks in if I'm lucky, so sometimes have to get some attacks in during lunch and hope I don't drop any.

On occasion I do attack after payout just to keep my position high but I understand that may be bad form so I'm happy to co-ordinate more.

Do we maybe have a centralised list of everyone's payout times? Or maybe a Discord or Line group? Could be something to consider.
  • Options
    Chuey wrote: »
    Hey guys, just found this thanks to @Tannjam linking me in. In the last month I've started hitting top 10 with a couple of first place finishes.

So seems I'm different to most of you being UK based so my payout is much earlier than the rest of you. (GMT 0) Saying that I get in from work with only half an hour to get maybe 2 or 3 attacks in if I'm lucky, so sometimes have to get some attacks in during lunch and hope I don't drop any.

On occasion I do attack after payout just to keep my position high but I understand that may be bad form so I'm happy to co-ordinate more.

Do we maybe have a centralised list of everyone's payout times? Or maybe a Discord or Line group? Could be something to consider.

Thanks for checking in, and no worries man. I think a discord group would be great. I know several that have checked in have a GMT-5 payout (Siskin, Taven, Trollsbane, Teamkillface). I'm an hour earlier than that.

• Options
    I've started a line chat room for our shard, PM me your line ID and I'll add you
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • Options
    Siskin wrote: »
    I've started a line chat room for our shard, PM me your line ID and I'll add you

Line ID is Trollsbane, game name is Trollsbane, real name is Trollsbane. Wait... no, I have a different real name.
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Well frustrating day today. the Rex lead team (Voin istinnogo sveta) sniped me from 1st 20 minutes from my payout. Took me 3 attempts to beat him and and when I did, it was a minute and a half after payout.

I'm going to venture a guess that he doesn't have a 4pm CST payout and was just being a Richard.

On a sidenote... that zQGJ team REALLY stinks on defense.