Please move choose an ally option AFTER squad selection

I think the option to choose an ally should be after the squad building screen in LS, DS, and Challenge battles.

For example, yesterday, I wanted to manually play a DS battle. Every ally that i had the option to choose, had Phasma available. But i couldn't choose any of my allys because i already had Phasma in my team. However, i can't take her out of my team until i choose an ally. This forced me to choose a non-ally player and use a vastly under leveled toon.

When i changed my team to remove my phasma, then backed back into the ally screen, my team reset to the original composition, again forcing me to choose a non-ally player.

This is ridiculous. We should be able to choose allys AFTER building our squads to prevent running into this problem. I feel like i was forced to cheat my allies out of ally points, because of a design flaw. Can this be fixed?

We should not be forced to choose an ally before our own squad. I propose that the ally selection screen be moved to right before you enter battle. This way, you can build your team, then choose an ally, then precede directly to the battle. That way, you don't ever have to cheat your allys out of ally points again.

Replies

• Options
    I was thinking the same thing the other day. I was having a tough time getting 3 stars on one of the dark side battles. My Royal Guard would taunt whenever someone else's health got too low, but then he was one of my weaker characters at the time so all the enemies would target him and kill him off pretty quick. I figured if I had RG as an ally instead of on my own team - even if I replaced him with someone weaker - he could taunt and draw attention away from my squad. Well, he showed up on the screen for choosing an ally, and then it wouldn't let me pick him because he was in my squad. I picked someone else at random, tried to take RG out of my squad and then backtrack so I could pick him as an ally, and everything was reset so I still couldn't pick him.

I ended up having to fight another easier battle (and waste energy, which I was already low on at the time) just to swap him out so I could go back to that harder battle and pick him as an ally. Luckily I think he was still available and it worked out, but still incredibly annoying.

Along those same lines, if you pick your squad and then come to the ally screen and don't see much, that would also be an indication that most of your allies lead with someone you currently have on your squad, so you could go back and change your squad around to get quality there while still getting a good ally.
  • Options
    So the update (9/28) dropped tonight, and while the squad screen is significantly improved, i feel like it could been even better with the implementation stated here. It's still really hard to get a good ally without wasting energy to reset your squad. Can we please get this fix in the next update?
  • Options
    This would be a vast improvement! I have been extremely frustrated with this in the past, particularly when I go back and want to 3* or manually play a node and I know allies with stronger leaders than one of my chars, only to be confounded with the current options.
  • Options
    +1. A simple fix that makes perfect sense.