Those booted during a raid which is completed should receive rewards

Currently, if the guild leader boots a member during a raid, that member does not receive rewards if the raid is completed while the member's damage continues to count towards the raid's completion.

Clearly the guild leader has the right to boot whomever they choose, but either the member should be credited with the earned rewards upon completion of the raid or the guild should not be able to use the damage during the raid (i.e. The guild leader would be choosing to remove damage.)

Since there are clear challenges involved in "reapplying" damage, the simplest solution is to credit the member the appropriate rewards.

Currently EA customer service will not credit rewards in these circumstances either, stating that the game mechanic is as intended. This policy (surprising given that EA is generally so willing to make its players whole) should also change.

Replies

• Options
    Don't get booted, no issue
  • Options
    I'd say just be more careful about whose guild you join, if this is happening to you. I run a guild, and I've never kicked anyone out.
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »
    I'd say just be more careful about whose guild you join, if this is happening to you. I run a guild, and I've never kicked anyone out.

Ooohwee. Or just follow the rules. We have had 3 get kicked since starting t7 raids. They didn't want to listen to the rules so they were kicked mid-raid.
  • Options
    Yup, just follow rules. I've had to kick 2 people who just flat out never communicated with us & would attack when we specifically asked them to read our rules first.
  • Options
    I'm new to raiding, what rules are people generally refer to, and how does one screw other guild members over?
  • Options
    I would also like to know, new to raiding and this is the first time I'm hearing about said rules.
  • Options
    Being in a guild requires trust. Obviously some people will abuse it however not everyone....

Example is I just booted someone a couple raids ago because they repeatedly (this was not the first time and they were given several warnings) broke our guild raid rules.

Being a proficient t7 raid guild we easily knock them out in a few hours. Because of this we instituted a 12 hour 0 damage period so everyone could go on and at least make sure they get on the board with 0 damage so they don't miss out on rewards should the raid end before they get online. This guy attacked during the 0 damage period and having been warned for breaking this rule the previous raid (and for several other infractions) I booted him.

I do not believe he should receive rewards for that raid and am glad he did not. You don't work as a team then you don't deserve the rewards.
  • Options
    As everyone above has said only time was breaking rules which we spam in chat often

Never removed anyone just to be an a55 so sorry OP don't agree with you on this topic
  • Options
    Boot someone during a raid that did damage,then the raid hasn't been completed. No rewards for that raid. I think it's funny that participation rewards for everyone are being used as a way to control the masses. Art imitating life.
  • Options
    But what of the other option? If rewards are not maintained, then the damage should be removed. Either a member contributes to the raid and should be rewarded or they did not and they shouldn't.

The guild leader should (obviously) have say over guild membership, but should not be able to keep a contribution, but withhold payout.
  • Options
    greycloak wrote: »
    But what of the other option? If rewards are not maintained, then the damage should be removed. Either a member contributes to the raid and should be rewarded or they did not and they shouldn't.

The guild leader should (obviously) have say over guild membership, but should not be able to keep a contribution, but withhold payout.

Don't disagree with this in fact it would help as those booted did damage when we were registering 0 damage so everyone gets on the board
  • Options
    I agree with greycloak. I have been booted many times from guilds. I was unaware of any rules by the guild but would have followed them, no problem had i known. I believe there is a way to have a message under your guild name. That could be used to quickly list some basic rules so folks like greycloak and i can be aware of them. I actually like the rule that was mentioned. Had I known any such rule was expected, I would have followed it.
  • Options
    LuvDoctor wrote: »
    I agree with greycloak. I have been booted many times from guilds. I was unaware of any rules by the guild but would have followed them, no problem had i known. I believe there is a way to have a message under your guild name. That could be used to quickly list some basic rules so folks like greycloak and i can be aware of them. I actually like the rule that was mentioned. Had I known any such rule was expected, I would have followed it.

There is no real way to do this, unless you want to hijack your guild description (which is public) for this. Really, we should be given an overhaul of guild management. Our guild posts rules in Discord, though if your guild has such a thing they should be advertising this publicly, and giving the invite code internally.

But to play devil's advocate: What if a single player solo's a raid before people can go? Depending on how you are structuring your raids, this is very possible. I would not want that person to get rewards when I boot him.
  • greycloak
    119 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Totally understandable, StarSon. In that case, a boot which results in damage removal seems like a good option.

Much of the discussion has focused on members who have broken guild rules (understandably). There is also the issue of guild leader abuse. Consider a guild who requests a "whale" to finish a heroic raid, but promptly boots them once their damage is in. That is hardly fair to the member.

All told, perhaps we can all agree that if damage is used, rewards should be given, but if damage is removed by booting, no rewards are earned. Either way, the current system could be improved.