Best droid foundation?

Just finished my rebel team and I'm looking to start up a droid team. I'm set on 86 from GW, JE from guild store, and b2 from cantina. Should I start with HK or 88 from arena?

Replies

• Loafdawg83
    202 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'd do HK until you unlock him for his leader ability, go hard on 88, then finish HK
  • Options
    I'd say HK, he's the best leader for a droid team when his ability is maxxed. I'd replace 86 with 88 once HK is done.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    It's a longer path, but go Poggle from GW and 88 from Arena. If you can't do this, then do what the others have said.
  • Options
    RyanRen wrote: »
    It's a longer path, but go Poggle from GW and 88 from Arena. If you can't do this, then do what the others have said.
    I'm almost at 6* for 86, should I finish that level and then proceed to poggle?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    yeetboy wrote: »

Poggle is ok, good with a droid team on darks idea battles and I use hk, 86,88,je,Poggle to put down around 500k in raids.

But arena, you want hk lead...he's the only lead.

Hk,86,88,je,b2. Sub nebit for b2. 100 is good but he's a long farm and b2 is more useful, even outside of a droid team.
  • Options
    HK is the droid team. He's first
  • Options
    I don't agree with the HK assessment. To me roids are Nebit lead, JE, 88,86 and X. Most obvious choice for 5th is B2 but anything can go into that slot.
  • Options
    HK to 5 stars, then max out 88, then finish off HK.

88 is a [expletive] to gear.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »

Whoops, went the wrong way on that. HK is unlocked, but I thought it would be better to * up 88 first due to his fragility (squishy seems the wrong word for droids).

@LastJedi
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yeah, ur right. But 88 is fragile, even with 7 stars. He won't be worth anything until he is geared to the nines. In the meantime, a 5 star HK will be useful with 86, just the twosome. So heck, maybe just unlock 88 for now, and star up HK first, even... 88 is all or nothing, and for a long while he is gonna be a nothing.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    I don't agree with the HK assessment. To me roids are Nebit lead, JE, 88,86 and X. Most obvious choice for 5th is B2 but anything can go into that slot.

Kinda curious, What do you like about Nebit (L) over HK's 50% TM gain?
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Whoops, went the wrong way on that. HK is unlocked, but I thought it would be better to * up 88 first due to his fragility (squishy seems the wrong word for droids).

@LastJedi

Enemy will always target 88+Engineer.

So even a 4* HK47 will do (believe, no one will ever target HK47 until he is alone).

You're good mate.
    Do or do not...
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    With mods, though, hk is no longer just the meatshield. You can mod him for all out offense and crit damage and/or potency. So even when maxed out, he only has like 50K hp. So.... I think HK needs to be pretty buff. It's not extraordinary for my HK to die before 86 (then come back to life). And modded offense, he can be an effective finisher. Anyhow, arena stars are pretty fast. Gearing 88 is going to be the longest part of the equation, which is why I would leave him be.. he might be useful here and there for GW, but he will be a liability in arena until he is at least gear 9. Max HK and 86 can be used with your tanks, without 88.

HK is also going to take a beating when u start using droids in GW. And if you get droids, you will probably want to use them in GW!

This is why I would try to get HK to useable state, first (w/e that means for you), and keep him there, while u gear 88 up to usability.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Droids are squishy, they are designed to hit hard and fast. The reason je **** everyone off was it made all droids go first and hk basically makes 88,b2,100,hk all go again or shortly after they aoe.

Not saying they can't have a different lead but you won't be top 10 on an early shard without HK leading your droids.
  • Options
    I like HK, not only for his lead. Meatbag Mayhem and 8k crit on his basic and self revive make HK the guy that will take it for the team and finish the job they started.

Nebit... oh boy. Nebit will tank and soak up damage until he gets detaunted. Then stand around and watch while his droids are killed. Sure you can give ur Nebit 200 speed.. Or you could stick a 250 speed Rey on your team and see what real kickass looks like.
  • Options
    yeetboy wrote: »

Go 86, Poggle is almost useless at current meta. HK leads, 88, 86, B2-Nebit-RG and JE. Switch that 3 depending on match, then go GG and put it instead of 86.
  • Options
    I like HK, not only for his lead. Meatbag Mayhem and 8k crit on his basic and self revive make HK the guy that will take it for the team and finish the job they started.

Nebit... oh boy. Nebit will tank and soak up damage until he gets detaunted. Then stand around and watch while his droids are killed. Sure you can give ur Nebit 200 speed.. Or you could stick a 250 speed Rey on your team and see what real kickass looks like.

Nebit is pretty amazing in GW though with the protection up and constant taunt/HoT
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Droids are squishy, they are designed to hit hard and fast. The reason je **** everyone off was it made all droids go first and hk basically makes 88,b2,100,hk all go again or shortly after they aoe.

Not saying they can't have a different lead but you won't be top 10 on an early shard without HK leading your droids.

Two acc.s, both roid team with Nebit lead and no HK, one server is from game start week, the other march: daily top 3.

• Options
    End game, Poggle is a waste. Opinions vary but personally I don't like 86 at all. Half the time he'll call JE for his assist. You definitely want to farm B2.
  • Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »

Kinda curious, What do you like about Nebit (L) over HK's 50% TM gain?

I've been playing roid combos for way too long and was looking to get the orange guy out so a spot opens to get in peculiar choices for 5th in the team. So I'm not really arguing Nebit is better than HK for lead, to me he's equivalently valid choice. Here are the 5ths I used, all with top 3 success; Solo,Sthan,Palpy,Jawascav and with the new release, ofc B2. Will keep trying other things in that slot, because this is what makes the game fun for me, not let my opponents adapt to a single combo.

Onto why Nebit is viable on his own, I will always go first with a 232 speed JE, almost all hits will be crits and the hits will inflict crit chance down on enemy. So now we are exiting from -roids have to cripple the enemy on initial onslaught- to -longer living/sustainable roids-. Also people seems to think Nebit is a pure tank, but on offense best pick for 1st move is to call in double assist. After 88,86 goes and Nebit calls in assist you'll get the most important opponent toon dead whichever it might be. In popular whale combos that's Rex. Hk setup doesn't warrant you this.
  • Options
    My suggestion for Poggle is purely for starter purposes to help with the Arena Shipment backlog. His offense up and speed up are a surrogate for 47 and JE until you have these two viable.

Poggle is a pure stop gap, not for endgame.
  • Options
    I recommend an Hk lead, 88. 86, je, and nebit. His taunt plus assist makes an awesome addition to any droid team. Also he can cool down special abilties. He's just an all around great toon.
  • Options
    i'm grinding droids too. 86 is starred up but not leveld up. 88 is level up but not starred up. Once i finish starring 88 i'm going for HK but that's because i won't be using droids until they are viable as a team which is why i'm going 88 first (at 6*). I'm also slow grinding grievous but that will be forever.
  • Options
    I would say without good speed mods droids are far too slow without an HK lead. I tried not using HK in GE and even against the weak teams you face early doors you feel that lack of TM gain
  • Options
    Taxman wrote: »
    I would say without good speed mods droids are far too slow without an HK lead. I tried not using HK in GE and even against the weak teams you face early doors you feel that lack of TM gain

But i won't be using my droid team for awhile and definitely not in arena for a long time. But yes HK definitely has best lead.
  • Options
    Taxman wrote: »

And here with good mods. Would be hard to call that team slow.

https://swgoh.gg/u/strangequark/
  • Options
    I would definitely say HK lead is the way to go.

Right now, I am working on leveling and gearing up JE and Nebit to add them to my Arena squad with Hk-47/IG-86/IG-88 trio.