Ima Gun Di lead + Aayla Counter

Been working on these two. Since Ima Gun Di has 35% chance to counter and Aayla has 65% chance to counter shouldn't she counter 100% of the time with him lead? I have tried it several times and it does not happen. Seems like a bug to me that these abilities should stack along with her counter damage. Also this would effect Kit Fisto which I haven't tried but assume its not working with him as well.

Replies

• Options
    Yes, Aayla should have a 100% Counter chance rate when Ima-Gun Di is leading. I'm currently farming these 2 also so best to get it fixed before I'm finished, lol ;)

@CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    In my experience, I've seen Aayla go twice on a counter with Ima Gun Di as lead so I believe they are two independent rolls. One at 65% and one at 35%.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Allow me to explain what u saw. Aayla has a 35% chance to call an assist on her basic, she uses her basic to counter obviously. I have seen her call herself...luck of the draw and she will attack 2x.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    Allow me to explain what u saw. Aayla has a 35% chance to call an assist on her basic, she uses her basic to counter obviously. I have seen her call herself...luck of the draw and she will attack 2x.

Oooohwee. I've been using aayla for about 5 months now and have never seen her call herself for an assist. Honestly, I think you are wrong with that explanation. What is to stop an aayla with good rng constantly calling herself over and over? I've even tried putting her in solo and using basics and have never had this happen.

I'd be more inclined to go with Hot_Temper's explanation.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If there r 2 rolls, 1 at 65% and 1 at 35%...why does Aayla under IGD NEVER FAIL to counter when she should only 2 outta 3 and then 1 outta 3 ?
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    If there r 2 rolls, 1 at 65% and 1 at 35%...why does Aayla under IGD NEVER FAIL to counter when she should only 2 outta 3 and then 1 outta 3 ?

Is that so? OP is currently claiming the exact opposite from you, i.e. that Aayla under IGD often fails to counter. So the question here is who of you is right/wrong?

I could imagine that, if OP is correct with his/her observations, counter chances just do not stack. The way it's (possible) implemented via IGD is that it gives a 35% chance and not that it adds 35% chance. So if your toon has a counter chance of below 35% it just gets this 35% chance, if it already has a chance higher than 35%, than it gets nothing on top of that. Could be so.

Then the question would be: Is that WAI or a bug?
  • Options
    Would love to hear from EA on what it's suppose to do.
  • Options
    We are all guessing. How do we ping ea to actually look at it?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Take this for what its worth, a small sample that cant truly be indicative of RNG.

Instead of simming my B2 shards per the norm, i sent in IGD, Aayla and the lowest no-name helper i could use...never anyone that offered bonus attacks like Phasma.

I did 2 refreshes at 100/pop and conducted 31 battles.

Out of those 31 battles, i noticed 3 things.

1st, the +25% counter damage omega on IGD appears to not b working since IGD hit just as hard on a basic attack as on a counter.

2nd, Aayla never missed a single oportunity to counter. 181 counters.

3rd, she never called herself as an assist nor did she ever counter twice.

I know this isnt a large enough sampling, just sharing what i can.

But from my small sample, it appears that OP and i r both wrong and something else is amiss.
  • Options
    Thanks for doing that yeah I kinda thought there was something going on with igd counter and even aaylas. @EA_Jesse can the team take a look at these two toons?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I have never seen Aaya miss a counter, under IGD lead. Have to be careful with AoE's cause she can dodge and thus not counter. I do agree that IGD bonus counter damage does not work. The IGD lead counter damage issue has been flagged for review

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/57248/ima-gun-di-counter-damage-bonus

• Options
    Awesome thank you
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    This has been flagged as a bug and sent up to our dev team for review. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Hiya!
    This has been flagged as a bug and sent up to our dev team for review. Thanks!

@CG_Kozispoon: You mean that one, right?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/57248/ima-gun-di-counter-damage-bonus

Because obviously counter chance does stack via IGD lead for Aayla as shown by @Poxx.

(Sometimes it's hard to know what is being flagged as a bug if several different things are discussed here on the bugs section in one thread)
  • Options
    I thought the chances was counted independently? Thus giving P(counter) = 1-((1-35%)*(1-65%)) = 77.25%

I THINK I've seen this explained somewhere a long time ago.

I also THINK the underlying phenomenon here has to do with some base game mechanic, making the real probability different than the stats in question. I suspect it has something to do with potency or some other base stat.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Also, some bonus attacks and stuff won't be countered, I think.