Prestige of Darth Vader now gone...

Prev13
Well done EA/CG....your greed and likely dwindling profit margin has completely removed any prestige there was for earning Vader shards with this shard shop update. Now anyone with a big enough wallet can buy him...it's really just sad.

I enjoyed the challenge and patience it took to slowly level him up, and I know you had this shard shop thing a while back for a limited time, but to make it permanent?! It shows desperation, it really does.

I do not like the direction this game is headed, and I've been playing (and paying) since launch.
Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol

Replies

• Options
    Most people who have played this game for a while are already close to 7 star Vader, and the ones that can afford to refresh the shard shop read did so last time.
    Do you people have nothing better to do than post the most insignificant complaints on these forums
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    From a business stand point, I think it's a smart move. Will probably prove quite profitable. And what ever brings in more money is good for the game in the long run.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Most people who have played this game for a while are already close to 7 star Vader, and the ones that can afford to refresh the shard shop read did so last time.
    Do you people have nothing better to do than post the most insignificant complaints on these forums

I've been a long time supporter that Vader shards should never have been able to be "bought". I wasn't happy about it the last time it happened, and now it's just extremely dissapointing. I didn't bother to waste crystals on the shard shop refresh last time, and I have 42 out of 100. Some whales in my guild are less then 10 shards away...again, so much for the "prestige" that was Darth Vader. Guess I'm glad he's a crappy character now.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    @tRRRey

Not to change the subject, but I believe you are one of the main guys on my arena server.
  • Options
    Amish_Ace wrote: »

I've been a long time supporter that Vader shards should never have been able to be "bought". I wasn't happy about it the last time it happened, and now it's just extremely dissapointing. I didn't bother to waste crystals on the shard shop refresh last time, and I have 42 out of 100. Some whales in my guild are less then 10 shards away...again, so much for the "prestige" that was Darth Vader. Guess I'm glad he's a **** character now.

If they removed Vader from the shard shop and introduced reasonable achievements into the game then yes you could call him a "prestige" character.
    However as it stands now large chunk of your Vader shards will come from the shard shop which greatly diminishes the allure getting him to 7*.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »
    @tRRRey

Not to change the subject, but I believe you are one of the main guys on my arena server.

@Teague
    Can't say I've seen you before unless you go by a different name in game?
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    @tRRRey

@Teague

I do use a different name. But the reason you don't see me is I'm also not high rank. I recently changed my team up, and am doing much better, so maybe you will see me before long. Currently I'm staying around 80 - 200 tho.
  • Options
    A gang of people cheated to get their 7 star vaders. Whatever prestige you are talking about doesn't exist. Move on :)
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    7 star Vader was just luck, know it is luck and money. So nothing changed for me. Vader was prestige before Shard Shop arrived
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    @tRRRey

@Teague

I do use a different name. But the reason you don't see me is I'm also not high rank. I recently changed my team up, and am doing much better, so maybe you will see me before long. Currently I'm staying around 80 - 200 tho.

That's good that you're climbing the ranks! What's your current squad composition? When you reach the top 50 lemme know and I'll see if I can invite you to a Line group
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    @tRRRey

@Teague

That's good that you're climbing the ranks! What's your current squad composition? When you reach the top 50 lemme know and I'll see if I can invite you to a Line group

Currently using:

Assajj Ventress (L)
    Ahsoka
    Anakin
    ST Han
    Daka

Recently replaced Night Sister Initiate and Kylo Ren with Anakin and STHan. Much better results.

I'm really enjoying my new team. Very fun to play as. I know it's nowhere near "meta" but I'm kinda stubborn and I'm going to see how far I can go with it. Hopefully top 50 finishes soon.

If you want to add me, I have a maxed Ventress you can try out.
    685 - 762 - 495
  • Options
    Vader has been around so long there hasn't been any prestige associated with him for many months. Same with Yoda. Same with Grievous. Even Palpatine was pretty easy to get for many people. The only 'prestige' character left is Han Solo really but even then he's not so rare these days.
  • Options
    There's no prestige. Ask yourself this, if you had a 7* Vader, what would you do with him? I certainly wouldn't run him, even with a Palpatine lead he barely deserves a spot on the team.

I'm happy to continue to farm him very, very slowly. Refreshing the shard shop is a waste of time, the odds of seeing Vader are already so slim.
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    There's no prestige. Ask yourself this, if you had a 7* Vader, what would you do with him? I certainly wouldn't run him, even with a Palpatine lead he barely deserves a spot on the team.

I'm happy to continue to farm him very, very slowly. Refreshing the shard shop is a waste of time, the odds of seeing Vader are already so slim.
    Waste of time, crystals, a lot of things. I'll just take my 6 star Vader and continue living the rest of my life, no big deal. If they wanna shell out the cash at the chance of finding Vader shards, which is incredibly stoopid, sure let them.

• Options
    100 cyrstals refresh = Whale button nothing more. It´s ok. these guys will have vader at 6* or more. How care´s^^
  • Options
    Vader its not something you should be afraid of in arena......even with palp as lead....he still hits the same
    Whoever spends mad crystals on refreshes for 2 shards is not a normal person...lol
  • Options
    100 crystals for a refresh - you're having me on! I don't expect to suddenly see a load of 7* Vader, at least not on my shard. I think, OP, you are over-reacting here.
  • Options
    What is this rant about, really? Vader shards have been in the shard shop forever, so I have a hard time connecting the dots...
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    Tiggus wrote: »
    What is this rant about, really? Vader shards have been in the shard shop forever, so I have a hard time connecting the dots...

you can now again refresh the shard shop... but dont understand the rant either... there hasnt been any prestige with owning Vader for a long time
  • Options
    I like this way better, it was going going to take a n unrealistic amount of time time to get a paltry 3 shards for 2,500 arena victories.
  • Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Vader has been around so long there hasn't been any prestige associated with him for many months. Same with Yoda. Same with Grievous. Even Palpatine was pretty easy to get for many people. The only 'prestige' character left is Han Solo really but even then he's not so rare these days.

No, Han is not "prestige". When most people see a 7* Han, they think "guild hopping exploit?"

Sadly, there are no "prestige" characters.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Sales cannot be confirmed to be dwindling. It oscillates between 120k and 80k more or less, we are in the middle of the month, it's in the 79k range, also between updates...
    At the start of the month it goes up.
    Pokemon GO does ~2M per day, but 2.5M per month isn't too shabby either, I'd like that in my account.
  • Options
    Mihai29 wrote: »
    Vader its not something you should be afraid of in arena......even with palp as lead....he still hits the same
    Whoever spends mad crystals on refreshes for 2 shards is not a normal person...lol
    Lol, this!

• Options
    I'm f2p and have like 20ish/100 vader shards. I have zero problem with payers getting him before me.
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

+1.
  • Options
    If someone wants to spend THOUSANDS of crystal to refresh daily to get a character who's basic rivals Barriss', let them. Honestly most of us long term players already have him 7* and barely use him in high level PvP. He's similar to that high school basketball trophy you keep on your closet shelf instead of the mantle....
  • Options
    personally i think EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER should be able to be purchased is some way, shape or form. whether it be through buying shards, buying crystals, buying bundles or packs or out right buying a character.

personally as a player who's willing to shell out a bit of real money i think every character should be able to be bought for a price.
  • Options
    I won't be caught dead buying anything else on this game.

***DISCLAIMER***

THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND MERELY STATING MY POSITION REGARDING PURCHASE PACKS. I AM IN NO WAY SUGGESTING THAT OTHERS FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE (in any circumstance) AND ARE ENCOURAGED TO WASTE THEIR CASH ON AS MUCH GARBAGE AS THEY WANT FROM STAR WARS GALAXY OF HEROES

****END OF DISCLAIMER***
  • Options
    Palpi and Vader are kinda a vanity toons. Unlock them and then forget about it lol.
  • Options
    I won't be caught dead buying anything else on this game.

***DISCLAIMER***

THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND MERELY STATING MY POSITION REGARDING PURCHASE PACKS. I AM IN NO WAY SUGGESTING THAT OTHERS FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE (in any circumstance) AND ARE ENCOURAGED TO WASTE THEIR CASH ON AS MUCH GARBAGE AS THEY WANT FROM STAR WARS GALAXY OF HEROES

****END OF DISCLAIMER***

Thank you for that disclaimer :|
    I'm certain this will stop the trolls from attacking your opinions ....